Ordinance amending the Ordinance on veterinary use, dispensing and prescribing of medicines for animals
(Identification of animals of the horse genus and administrative relief for the profession)
In executive order No. 482 of 29. May 2007 for veterinary use, dispensing and prescribing of medicines for animals, as amended by Decree No. 1286 of 15. December 2008, shall be amended as follows:
1. In section 2, no. 4, the words ' equidae ':» animals of the horse genus (hereinafter referred to as horse) '.
2. section 3, paragraph 11 is replaced by the following: ' (11). By micro chip means a transponder, as defined in article 2, paragraph 2, lira b) of Commission Regulation (EC) no 504/2008 of 6. June 2008 implementing Council Directive 90/426/EEC and 90/427/EEC as regards methods for the identification of equidae. '
3. section 26 (1), (2). paragraph is replaced by the following: ' Gland samples shall be taken by a veterinarian, a Danish Cattle quality of advisors or by the animal owner even. '
4. In the heading of Chapter 10 shall be replaced by ' equidae ' means ' horse '.
5. In paragraph 30, the words ' equidae ' means ' horse '.
6. In section 31, paragraph 1, the words ' equidae ' means ' horse '.
7. section 31, paragraph 2 is replaced by the following: ' (2). The veterinarian must when treating horses in accordance with paragraph 1, no later than in dealing with brand horse with micro chip (transponder). Transponder implanted parenterally under aseptic conditions on the horse's neck in the middle between the neck and withers at the transition between muscle and spækkam, see. Article 11, paragraph 2, 1. section of Commission Regulation (EC) no 504/2008 of 6. June on the implementation of Council Directive 90/426/EEC and 90/427/EEC as regards methods for the identification of equidae. The transponder must be placed on the left side of the horse's neck. '
8. section 31, paragraph 4, shall be replaced by the following: ' (4). In the context of treatment must vet certify and animal owner with his signature to confirm that the processing excludes the horse from use for human consumption. '
9. section 31, paragraphs 5 and 6 shall be deleted.
10. In section 31 shall be inserted as new paragraphs: ' paragraph 5. If the horse has a passport, the veterinarian in dealing with filling in the passport section IX, see. Article 20 of the regulation referred to in paragraph 2.
(6). If the horse does not have a passport, the veterinarian in dealing with filling in the form ' Declaration on exclusion from the horses ' consumption ', which must be requested from, and by the veterinarian in filled condition returned to Danish agricultural advisory service, National Centre, Horses, with at the request of the owner on the issuing of passports to the horse, see. Article 5 of the regulation referred to in paragraph 2. The veterinarian must return the Declaration not later than 2 days after the treatment. '
11. section 31, paragraph 7 is replaced by the following: ' (7). Horses, who before the entry into force of this order have been banned from human consumption, must continue to be accompanied by a ' Veterinarian-and ejererklæring for equidae which are treated with drugs which would exclude the animal from human consumption ", until there is issued a passport for the horse, in accordance with the regulation referred to in paragraph 2, and of which the horse's exclusion from human consumption. Upon reconsideration, as described in paragraph 1, to the horse, at the owner's request, be issued with a passport in accordance with the regulation referred to in paragraph 2. ';
The notice shall enter into force on the 1. January 2010.
DVFA, the 15. December 2009 Jan Mousing/Kirsten Sejlstrup