Read the untranslated law here: https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms/R0710.aspx?id=127712
Overview (table of contents) Annex 1 The full text of the Ordinance on vocational college education in the field of laboratory area (laboratory technician AK) under section 22 and section 30 of Act No. 207 of 31. March 2008 on vocational college education and professional bacheloruddannelser are fixed:
§ 1. The purpose of the Business Academy training in laboratory area is to qualify the graduates to be able to plan and solve the tasks of technical professional nature within the laboratory area in connection with the production, development, advice and control in private as well as public enterprises technical laboratories.
(2). The graduates must have knowledge, skills and competences, as set out in annex 1.
§ 2. Training, there is a full-time education is rated for 150 ECTS credits. 60 ECTS credits corresponding to a full-time student work in 1 year.
(2). Business Academy training in laboratory area gives the right to use the title lab technician trained AK. The English title is AP Graduate in Chemical and Biotechnical Science.
(3). The term of education is the Academy Profession Degree Programme in Chemical and Biotechnical Science.
§ 3. The training consists of:
1) Mandatory educational elements with a total extent of 80 ECTS-points.
2) Internship with a total extent of 50 ECTS credits.
3) Optional training elements for each student have a total extent of 10 ECTS credits.
4) Final Exam project at 10 ECTS credits.
(2). Education mandatory elements are arranged in the following core areas:
1) Laboratory technique and understanding.
2) chemical engineering.
(3). The internship is carried out in regular paid employment in one or more enterprises.
§ 4. The training shall be subject to the rules on vocational college education that is laid down in the Ordinance on vocational college education and professional bacheloruddannelser, including rules on purpose, level of knowledge, training, content and organization, duration and structure, access, teacher qualifications, tests and exam, academic regulations, and merit.
§ 5. The Ministry may allow derogation by Decree as part of trials. During experiments at the same time, the experiment duration and fixed reporting form.
(2). The Ministry may exempt from the Ordinance, when it is justified by exceptional circumstances.
§ 6. The notice shall enter into force on the 1. November 2009 and has effect for students who are admitted on the training accordingly.
(2). At the same time repealed Executive Order No. 619 of 18. June 2007 on vocational college education (AK) in the laboratory area (laboratory technician AK).
(3). The educational institution may organise transitional arrangements so that students who follow the training after the previous rules, see. (2) can complete training in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance.
The Ministry of education, the 19. October 2009 P.M.V. Torben Kornbech Rasmussen head/s Annex 1
Targets for learning outcomes of vocational college education in the field of laboratory area
Goals for learning yield include the knowledge, skills and competences, as a laboratory technician must achieve in education.
The graduates have
1) knowledge of the General working principles in the laboratory and the principles of a good working environment and for environmentally sound management of chemicals and products,
2) knowledge of chemistry and biochemistry in relation to use in the laboratory,
3) knowledge of measurement principles, functions and structure of the analytical equipment in relation to general use, maintenance, and troubleshooting,
4) knowledge of microbial structure, pathogenicity and function in natural and man-made environments,
5) knowledge of gene structure and function,
6) knowledge of proteins related to laboratory work in particular enzymes and immunoglobulins,
7) knowledge and understanding of the principles of documentation of laboratory work and has knowledge of quality assurance in laboratory area and
8) knowledge on workplace organising, forms of cooperation and interaction with the outside world.
The educated can
1) select and apply basic laboratory technical unit operations and analysis methods
2) make choices, operation, control and maintenance of common laboratory equipment as well as conducting basic troubleshooting,
3) select and apply appropriate laboratory technical methods and techniques,
4) prepare and implement simple chemical synthesis and characterisation of the products as well as assess the results,
5) carry out laboratory calculations and apply statistical methods for the assessment of results,
6) use Danish and English-language instructions, regulations and manuals,
7) use it in connection with laboratory work and reporting,
8) disseminate findings and issues from the laboratory to the colleagues and other partners as well as
9) make simple method development and method validation, evaluate laboratory observations as well as documenting his own work in accordance with the applicable quality assurance rules.
The educated can
1) plan, perform and document laboratory tasks, including proposing changes, make optimizations and locate errors
2) handle laboratory work safety, health and environmentally sound,
3) cooperation and interdisciplinary, including professionally engage in professional contexts where research is performed and
4) in a structured context, acquire new knowledge, skills and competencies in relation to laboratory area.
Search Translated Laws of Denmark