Law amending the health law
(Suspension of the extended free choice of hospital)
WE, MARGRETHE the SECOND, by the grace of God Queen of Denmark, do indeed:
The Danish Parliament has adopted and we know Our consent confirmed the following law:
In health law, see. lovbekendtgørelse nr. 95 of 7. February 2008, as amended by Act No. 319 of 30. April 2008, § 1 of lov nr. 538 of 17. June 2008 and § 1 of lov nr. 539 of 17. June 2008, shall be amended as follows:
1. In section 87 shall be inserted following paragraph 7:
» Paragraph 7. The rules on extended free choice of hospital in accordance with paragraphs 1 to 6 shall not apply to the 30. June 2009. '
2. In section 90 shall be added as paragraph 3:
' (3). The Regional Council's accountability when referring to the hospital in accordance with paragraph 1 shall not apply to the 30. June 2009. '
(1). The law will enter into force on 7. November 2008 at the beginning of the diurnal.
(2). The Bill can be confirmed immediately after its adoption.
(1). The law has no effect for patients who meet the conditions for use of the extended free choice of hospital after health section 87, paragraph 1, and which before the entry into force of the Act have requested further reference to a privately owned hospital, clinic, etc. in Denmark or hospital etc. abroad with agreement on the treatment of patients after health section 87, paragraph 4.
(2). The Regional Council shall, up to and including the 30th. June 2009, at the latest 8 working days after one of the Council's hospitals have received the referral of a patient, inform the patient
1) on the date and place of the examination or treatment,
2) about whether the patient can be offered study within 2 months after the rules in § 87 (a), without prejudice to health. section 87 (b) (1)
3) on the right to choose hospital after §§ 86 and 87 (a),
4) about whether the Hospital offers to refer the patient for treatment at privately owned hospitals, clinics, etc. in this country or hospitals, etc. abroad, as the region has entered into an agreement under section 75 (2)
5) about the wait time on the treatment by the region's own and other regions, hospitals, as well as by the private specialist hospitals, etc., as is mentioned in section 79, paragraph 2,
6) that the patient by contacting the hospital can get the number of treatments carried out at hospitals covered by nr. 5, and
7) that the Hospital offers to refer the patient to another hospital after §§ 86 and 87 (a).
(3). The Regional Council shall, Furthermore, in the period from the 1. January 2009 up to and including 30 June. June 2009, at the latest 8 working days after one of the Council's hospitals have received the referral of a patient, inform the patient, whether the patient can be offered treatment within 2 months after the rules in § 87 (a), without prejudice to health. section 87 (b), paragraphs 1 and 2.
The law does not apply to the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
Given at Amalienborg, the 6. November 2008 in the Queen's Name: FREDERIK, Crown Prince of Denmark/Jakob Axel Nielsen