Act amending the Act on the manufacture, presentation and sale of tobacco products, law banning the sale of tobacco and alcohol to persons under 16 years of age and law banning tobacco advertising, etc. 1)
(Flavourings, age limits for the sale of tobacco and tobacco products on display of tobacco outlets)
WE, MARGRETHE the SECOND, by the grace of God Queen of Denmark, do indeed:
The Danish Parliament has adopted and we know Our consent confirmed the following law:
In Act No. 375 of 6. June 2002 on the manufacture, presentation and sale of tobacco products shall be amended as follows:
1. section 15 (2), is repealed.
Paragraph 3-6 becomes paragraph 2-5.
2. In article 15, paragraph 4, which becomes paragraph 3, the words ' paragraphs 1 and 2 ': ' paragraph 1 '.
3. In article 15, paragraph 6, there will be the fifth paragraph shall be replaced by ' paragraphs 1-5 ': ' paragraph 1-4 '.
4. In article 21, paragraph 1, no. 1, the words ' section 15, paragraphs 1-6 ' to: ' section 15, paragraphs 1-5 '.
In Act No. 213 of 31. March 2004 relating to a ban on the sale of tobacco and alcohol to persons under the age of 16, as amended by section 28 of Act No. 512 of 6. June 2007, shall be amended as follows:
1. the title of the Act is replaced by the following: ' law banning the sale of tobacco to persons under 18 years and the sale of alcohol to persons under 16 years of age '
2. section 1, paragraph 1 is replaced by the following: ' tobacco products may not be sold to persons under 18 years of age. '
3. paragraph 3 is replaced by the following: ' 3. Tobacco products may not be imported from other EU countries by persons under 18 years of age.
(2). Alcoholic beverages with an alcohol by volume of 1.2 or more may not be imported from other EU countries by persons under 16 years of age. However, this does not apply for beer. '
4. Pursuant to section 6 shall be added:
»§ 7. The law does not apply to the Faroe Islands and Greenland. '
In Act No. 492 of 7. June 2001 on the prohibition of tobacco advertising, etc., shall be amended as follows:
1. Article 3, paragraph 2, no. 2, is repealed.
No. 3-7 is then no. 2-6.
2. In section 3 as paragraphs 3 and 4 shall be added:
' (3). The ban also does not apply a neutral placement of tobacco products in connection with payment boxes, bars and the like. Tobacco products may only be placed
1) on shelves and in cabinets behind or below the box, disc, bar or similar sites,
2) in boxes that hangs over the box over the bar or similar places or
3) in special machines, which used short, there only exists and is paid by the boxes.
(4). The shelves, cabinets and boxes don't get a size or design, which provides an advertising effect. '
3. In section 6 shall be inserted 2. item:
» Supervision implemented after Marketing Act. '
The law shall enter into force on the 1. September 2008.
Given at Christiansborg Palace, on 17 March. June 2008 MARGRETHE r./Jakob Axel Nielsen Official notes 1) Act contains provisions implementing parts of the European Parliament and Council Directive 2001/37/EC of 5. June 2001 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States ' laws, regulations and administrative provisions on the manufacture, presentation and sale of tobacco products (Official Journal of the European Communities 2001 nr. L 194, p. 26).