Read the untranslated law here: https://portal.gov.cz/app/zakony/download?idBiblio=79441&nr=34~2F2013~20Sb.&ft=txt
of 6 December. February 2013
on animal health requirements for the slaughter of crocodiles and other processing
meat and animal products from crocodile
The Ministry of agriculture lays down, pursuant to section 78 of the Act No. 166/1999 Coll., on the
veterinary care and amending certain related laws (health
Act), as amended by Act No. 131/2003 Coll., Act No. 316/2004 Coll., Act
No 48/2006 Coll., Act No. 182/2008 Coll., Act No. 227/2009 Coll. and act
No 308/2011 Coll., for the implementation of § 21. 15, § 23 paragraph. 4 and section 24, paragraph. 2
(a). and the veterinary Act):
PART THE FIRST
ANIMAL HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SLAUGHTER OF CROCODILES AND OTHER MEAT PROCESSING AND
ANIMAL PRODUCTS FROM CROCODILE
The subject of the edit
(1) this Ordinance regulates the building on a directly applicable regulation
The European Union ^ 1)
and method of preparation thereof) of their bodies, the crocodile meat, organs and
other parts of the Veterinary examination,
(b) the animal and public health) requirements on the enterprises, plants and other
the device, which is treated with animal products originating from
crocodiles, and technical conditions, their design, layout and
(c)) the investigation of crocodiles and animal products originating in
crocodiles, assessment and labelling of such products on the basis of their
a veterinary examination, as well as the veterinary conditions for the release of these
the products into circulation.
(2) this Ordinance has been notified in accordance with the directive of the European
Parliament and Council Directive 98/34/EC of 22 December 2004. June 1998 on the procedure for the provision of
information in the field of technical standards and regulations and of rules on services,
the information society, as amended by Directive 98/48/EC.
Definition of terms
For the purposes of this Ordinance means
and) born and bred the animal a crocodile in captivity ^ 2) and belonging to the
the second and subsequent generation offspring ^ 3) ^ 4) breeding herd family
krokodýlovitých or aligátorovitých, which meet the requirements directly
applicable European Union legislation on the protection of species of wild
fauna and flora by regulating trade therein ^ 5) and
the law on trafficking in endangered species ^ 6), which is intended for slaughter and
jatečnému processing and the crocodile meat is intended for human consumption,
(b)) to swallow a meat feed transverse striated skeletal
muscle originating in a crocodile.
The requirements for the equipment of slaughterhouses
In order to avoid contamination of the plus operator of the slaughterhouse,
where slaughter crocodiles (hereinafter referred to as "the slaughterhouse"), shall ensure that the slaughterhouses
and spaces suitable for)
1. fixation of minimising stress pre-movement, stunning and bleeding
2. the washing of carcasses slaughtered crocodiles
3. download the crocodiles from the skin,
4. the evisceration and further processing of the carcasses of crocodiles,
5. cooling crocodile meat,
6. storage the hides of crocodiles, and if these activities at the slaughterhouse
carried out, a separate room for processing the hides of crocodiles,
7. storage of animal by-products,
(b)) allow the spatial or temporal separation
1. stunning and bleeding of crocodiles,
2. the washing of carcasses slaughtered crocodiles
3. download from the skin of crocodiles,
4. the evisceration of crocodiles and other processing thereof
5. cooling crocodile meat,
6. expedition of the meat, crocodiles,
7. handling of minor animal products,
(c)) have been designed to avoid contact of the meat with crocodiles
the floor and walls,
(d)) were equipped with
1. facilities for disinfecting tools, with hot water at a temperature of at least 82
° C or an alternative system having a similar effect,
2. the equipment for washing hands, employees who handle exposed
crocodile meat; This device must be fitted so as to avoid
extension of the contamination, the
3. with a locking device for cold storage of detained
meat to crocodiles; the slaughterhouse may not be equipped with this device and can
store this crocodile meat suspended along with the rest of the swallow
meat in one cold space, if it is not the crocodile
the meat of the crocodile suspected of the disease; This crocodile must be
stored so that could adversely affect other crocodile meat,
4. an individual with a locking device for the storage of meat, crocodiles,
which has been declared unfit for human consumption in accordance with
Annex I, section II, chapter V, regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council
(EC) No 854/2004,
(e)) have been approved and registered with the regional health administration in accordance
with the article. 4 regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) No 853/2004.
(1) the operator of the slaughterhouse shall ensure that
and they were transported to the slaughterhouse) only live crocodiles destination for slaughter or
the body of the slaughtered outside slaughterhouses, crocodiles
(b) the crocodiles were exonerated) a stream of drinking water,
(c)), the crocodiles were defeated for the conditions and use of the methods set out
the law on the protection of animals against cruelty ^ 7).
(2) the operator of the slaughterhouse shall further ensure that the setting to minimise
the pre-movement stress, stunning, bleeding, flaying and evisceration are
carried out without undue delay and in a manner that precludes contamination
crocodile meat, and in particular shall ensure that
and the body of a crocodile was) as soon as possible after the slaughter of the flushed off of drinking water,
(b)) of the skin from the bodies of crocodiles was withdrawn,
(c)) with the head and legs of crocodiles has been handled so as to avoid
the contamination of other crocodile meat,
(d)) of the head and limbs of crocodiles, intended for further processing, the
e) when downloading the skin of crocodiles avoid contact of the outer surface of the
the skin of a crocodile and the surface of the flesh,
(f)) to the employee and equipment coming into contact with the outer surface of the skin
crocodiles touch meat, crocodiles,
(g)) the carcasses of crocodiles was not visibly contaminated
faeces; otherwise, it must be visible contamination shall immediately
removed cutting or other means with equivalent effect,
h) carcasses of crocodiles come into contact with the floor or
I) during evisceration, measures were taken to prevent the outflow of
the content of the digestive tract,
(j)) has been separated by the spinal cord,
to) as soon as possible after evisceration of crocodile meat cooling was initiated, and
the body of the crocodiles into their tours after the slaughter was divided in
maintaining the original identification of the body of the individual parts of the bodies of
(3) the operator of the slaughterhouse into their post-mortem inspection shall ensure that
parts of the slaughtered the crocodile, which shall be subject to such inspection
and, in order to remain identifiable) may be assigned to the carcase
modified the body,
(b)) do not come into contact with other carcase, offal or
viscera, including those which have already been carried out after the tour
(4) the operator of the slaughterhouse after the post mortem inspection shall ensure that
and crocodile meat or suspended) crocodile meat declared
unfit for human consumption and animal by-products
do not come into contact with meat declared fit for human consumption,
(b) the crocodile meat was stored) in accordance with the provisions of section 8.
(5) If the slaughterhouse is not lockable facilities reserved for
slaughtered the sick crocodiles or alligators are suspected of being infected or
the illness, the device must be used for the slaughter of such crocodiles after
slaughter or before the slaughter of other crocodiles cleaned, cleaned and
disinfected under the supervision of the official veterinarian.
Requirements for cutting plants
Operator of the plant, in which meat is handled crocodiles, shall ensure
to a cutting plant ^ 8)
and) was designed to prevent the contamination of crocodile meat,
in particular, the
1. enabling the smooth progress of the activities,
2. ensuring the separation of the different production batches,
1. cold rooms for the separate storage of packaged and exposed meat
crocodiles, unless stored at different times or are not
stored in such a way that the packaging material and the manner of storage
cannot be a source of contamination of the meat to crocodiles,
2. premises equipped with the cutting so as to meet the
the requirements of hygiene, cutting and boning
3. equipment, in which the staff handling exposed meat
crocodiles washed their hands, equipped so as to avoid contamination, extension
4. facilities for disinfecting tools, with hot water at a temperature of at least 82
° C or an alternative system having a similar effect.
Hygiene cutting and boning
(1) the operator of the plant shall ensure that cutting and boning of meat
crocodiles swallow has been working with meat so organized to
eliminate or minimize the contamination, particularly
shall ensure that the
a) crocodile meat intended for cutting it into workshops přinášeno gradually
According to the needs,
b) during cutting, boning, trimming, slicing, or
dice, wrapping and packaging, which must be completed
no later than 24 hours after the slaughter, the temperature was maintained crocodile
the meat of not more than 4 ° c by using the ambient temperature of not more than 12 ° c or other
system having an equivalent effect.
(2) the crocodile meat can be cut and vykosťováno before reaching the
the temperature referred to in paragraph 1 (b). (b)) in the event that it is cutting plant
located in the immediate vicinity of the slaughterhouse. In this case, must be
crocodile meat is transported from a slaughterhouse to a cutting plant premises or after chilling
in cold areas. After cutting and případém packing, must be
crocodile meat chilled to the temperature referred to in paragraph 1 (b). (b)).
section 7 of the
Crocodile meat labelling
(1) the meat thereof that was assessed as
and edible, indicates) the abbreviation "GB" and the approval number of the slaughterhouse,
1. from the control reasons, or due to illness of a crocodile,
2. because of the presence of residues or contaminants exceeding the
3. because of the failure to comply with parasitological and microbiological criteria
According to the annex to this Decree, or
4. other reasons for which would be declared crocodile meat
unfit for human consumption, is referred to a stamp
triangular in shape of side 5 cm.
(2) the designation of the crocodile meat referred to in paragraph 1 (b). and you can do this)
only for crocodiles, which took place at the ante-mortem inspection and after
slaughter in accordance with this Decree and for which there are no grounds to
Declaration of the crocodile meat for inedible. Designation of crocodile meat
can be made before receiving the results of the examination for trichinosis, if
guarantee that the crocodile meat from the animal concerned will be placed on the market
only in the case that the results will be satisfactory. The marking is placed on
the external surface of the carcase, razítkováním ink stamp
or burning of the stamp in such a way that in case of breakdown
carcase parts each bore the designation. The letters must be
at least 0.8 cm high and the figures must be at least 1 cm high. Used
the dye must be in accordance with any other law ^ 9).
(3) the designation of the crocodile meat referred to in paragraph 1 (b). (b)) shall be carried out
so that this crocodile meat could be misused. Designation of entire bodies
or half-in addition, the added deep cuts to the tissues, indications of smaller
parts of crocodile meat or offal may be replaced by their staining.
Storage and transport
(1) the operator of an undertaking, business, or other device, in which the
beating the crocodiles and gain, producing, processing, treating, packing,
stored, transported and the circulation of animal products
from the crocodiles, the crocodile meat in storage shall ensure
and crocodile meat on the cooling) the temperature not exceeding 4 ° c; in the course of the
However, the cooling may be crocodile meat in accordance with section 6 (1). 2 cut and
(b)) adequate ventilation to prevent condensation of the vapour on the surface
(c)) separate cooling and storing fresh meat from crocodile
crocodile meat, packaged
d) storage and transport temperature referred to in point (a)).
(2) the crocodile meat intended for freezing must be frozen without undue
delay, taking into account, as appropriate, before freezing time of maturation. In
during storage and during transport of frozen crocodile meat
freezer temperature must be maintained.
(3) frozen crocodile meat may be rozmrazeno only if it is necessary
for technological reasons for its further processing products of the
Exercise of supervision and inspection
(1) the performance of the State veterinary supervision and inspection covers
and) audits of good hygiene practice, which in particular focused on the
1. check the information about the food chain,
2. the arrangement and maintenance of premises and equipment,
3. Hygiene prior to, during and after the activity,
4. personal hygiene,
5. training on hygiene and work practices
6. pest control
7. the quality of the water,
8. temperature control,
9. food control entering device and leaving the device
and control of the documents attached,
(b)) audits the procedures based on the hazard analysis and critical analysis
control points (HACCP), which, in particular, verify that the products
of animal origin of crocodiles
1. comply with the microbiological criteria laid down in the annex to this
2. comply with the requirements on residues, contaminants and
3. do not contain physical sources of risk, such as foreign particles,
(c)) official controls on the crocodile meat slaughterhouses and cutting plants
offering this crocodile meat on the market, which will in particular focus on the
1. information about the food chain,
2. ante-mortem inspection,
3. the welfare of the animals,
4. post-mortem inspection,
5. animal by-products,
6. laboratory tests
(d) specific tasks for audits), as defined in the annexes to the regulation of the European
Parliament and of the Council (EC) No 854/2004.
(2) the official veterinarian in the exercise of State supervision and the implementation of the
inspections in accordance with Annex I, section I of the regulation of the European
Parliament and of the Council (EC) No 854/2004, with particular
and) validates whether the operator of the undertaking, business, or other device, in
which the slaughter crocodiles and gain, producing, processing,
treat, packaged, stored, transported, and the circulation of animal
products originating in the crocodiles for animal by-products
the origin of the consistently adheres to its own procedures regarding the collection, transport,
storage, handling, processing and use or disposal,
including specified risk material, for which the operator is
(b)) checks whether the operator's procedures as far as possible ensure that
1. does not show pathological deviations and changes, or
2. it is not polluted with faeces or other impurities,
(c)), the ante-mortem and post mortem checks and analyzes the relevant
information from the records of the holding of animals for slaughter
they come from.
(1) without delay after the defeat of the crocodile, the official veterinarian shall carry out
and a tour of the entire external surface) of the carcase,
(b)) and, where appropriate, if necessary, palpation of the cutting parts
the body, which are changed or are suspect for other reasons,
(c) Visual inspection of the head),
d) Visual inspection or palpation of the lungs, the trachea and the esophagus,
e) Visual inspection and palpation of the pericardium and the heart,
f) Visual inspection and palpation of organs, where appropriate cutting cavities
thoracic and abdominal,
(g) the maintenance status) the return of color, smell, of symmetry, and
the sufficiency of the bleeding, contamination, parasitic infections, pathogenic
stamps, stamps after the application of medicines, abrasions and wounds and other abnormalities
in the muscles, bones, ligaments, joints and other tissues.
(2) if necessary, the official veterinarian shall carry out other
examination, palpation of the carcase and offal and their cutting
and laboratory tests in order to assess whether the crocodile meat
edible or inedible under section 7.
PART THE SECOND
Amendment of the Decree on the protection of animals at slaughter
In section 6 of Decree No. 418/2012 Coll., on the protection of animals at the time of killing,
the existing paragraph shall become paragraph 1 and the following paragraph 2,
"(2) When the appliance with stunning crocodiles housebound bullet
placed in the middle of the forehead between the eye socket and the temporal holes so that the
the projectile enters the cerebral cortex; This operation must be carried out,
to ensure that the animal is immediately rendered unconscious, where it remains until death. ".
PART THE THIRD
The EFFECTIVENESS of the
This Decree shall take effect on 1 January 2005. March 2013.
Ing. Sarah b in r.
Parasitological and microbiological criteria on the crocodile meat
I. Parasitological criteria:
1. the Examination for detection of trichinae (Trichinella) and its neopouzdřené
forms made in the laboratory, which was issued certificate of accreditation
to carry out this examination by digestion in accordance with annex III,
directly applicable European Union regulation, laying down specific
rules on official controls for Trichinella in meat [Commission Regulation (EC) No.
2. Testing for the presence of Spirometra.
3. Testing for the presence of Pentastomidis.
4. Testing for the presence of Anisakis.
II. Microbiological criteria:
1. Salmonella 0/25 g.
2. the Aeromonosa hydrophila 0/25 g.
1) European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 of 28 January 2002.
January 2002 laying down the General principles and requirements of food
law, establishing the European food safety authority and laying down
the procedures relating to food safety, as amended.
Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) No 852/2004 of 29 April 2004. April
2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs, as amended.
Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) No 853/2004 of 29 April 2004. April
2004, laying down specific hygiene rules for food of
of animal origin, as amended.
2) Article. 54 European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) no 865/2006 of the
4 May 2006 laying down detailed rules for applying Council Regulation (EC) No 338/97
on the protection of species of wild fauna and flora
by regulating trade therein, as amended.
3) Article. 1 (1). 2 regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) No.
4) Article. 1 (1). 3 European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) No.
5) Article. 8 Council Regulation (EC) No 338/97 of 9 October. December 1996 on the protection of
species of wild fauna and flora by regulating
trade with them.
Article. 59 and 61 of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) no 865/2006.
6) § 15a of the Act No 100/2004 Coll., on the trade in endangered species, in
amended by law No. 346/2009 Sb.
7) Act No 246/1992 Coll., on the protection of animals against cruelty, as amended by
Annex I, point 8) 1.17 the regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) No.
9) section 4 of the Decree No. 4/2008 Coll., laying down the types and conditions
the use of additives and extraction solvents in the manufacture of
foodstuffs, as amended by Decree No. 130/2010 Sb.
Search Translated Laws of Czech Republic