of 3 July 2003. December 2003,
amending Act No. 555/1992 Coll., on the prison service and of the judicial
the guard of the Czech Republic, as amended, and certain other
the laws of the
Change: 127/2005 Coll.
Change: 413/2005 Sb.
Change: 274/2008 Sb.
Parliament has passed the following Act of the United States:
PART THE FIRST
Amendment of the Act on the prison service and judicial guard of the Czech Republic
Act No. 555/1992 Coll., on the prison service and judicial guard of the Czech
Republic, as amended by Act No. 293/1993 Coll., Act No. 169/1999 Coll.
Act No. 30/2000 Coll., Act No. 460/2000 Coll., Act No. 309/2002 Coll. and the
Act No. 361/2003 Coll., is amended as follows:
1. in article 1, paragraph 2 reads as follows:
"(2) the prison service is an armed security corps. It is run by
the Director-General of the prison service (hereinafter referred to as "the Director General"),
which appoints and dismisses the Minister of Justice (hereinafter referred to as "the Minister").
The Director-General is responsible to the Minister for the work of the prison service. ".
2. In paragraph 1, the following paragraphs 3 to 5 shall be added:
"(3) the prison service is an administrative office and accounting unit 1)
(4) the organizational units of the prison service are the General
Directorate of the prison, the prison and the Institute of education. General
the Directorate ensures compliance with the common tasks of other organisational
units, which methodically directs and controls. At the head of prisons, detention
prisons and the Institute of education are directors that appoints and removes the
(5) the prison service operating on the territory of the Czech Republic, unless otherwise provided by
a special law or international treaty, famous for its
Parliament ratified the agreement of Czech Republic is bound,
3. § 2 and 3, including headings and footnotes # 2) and (3)) shall be added:
The tasks of the prison service
(1) the prison service
and) manages and guards of the prison, and prison and is responsible for compliance with the
statutory conditions of detention and imprisonment
(b)) guards, escorting a person showing and in custody and in the performance of
c) through programmes of treatment consistently act on the person in the
imprisonment and, mutatis mutandis, to certain groups of people in the
remand in order to create the conditions for their proper way
life after release,
d) conducts research in the field of penology, and uses its results and scientific
knowledge in the exercise of custody and imprisonment,
e) ensures order and safety in buildings, the courts, State
the Prosecutor's Office and the ministries and in other areas of their activities and in the
the scope of this Act ensures order and safety in the
the exercise of the powers of the courts and the public prosecutor's Office,
f) creating the conditions for work and other appropriate forms of action in the performance of
binding and imprisonment,
g) engaged in an economic activity for the purpose of employment of persons in the performance of
imprisonment, or even people in custody,
h) keeps records of persons in custody and in prison
on the territory of the Czech Republic,
I) carries out the tasks which arise from the renowned international
treaties, to whose ratification Parliament has given the consent and by which the Czech
Republic is bound,
j) provides training of the members of the prison service (hereinafter referred to as
"the family"), and civilian employees of the prison service, which performs the
The Institute of education, and the training of persons in custody and in the performance of
penalties involving deprivation of liberty which performs a secondary vocational school, a vocational school
and the vocational school of the prison service,
provides health care to) persons in custody, persons in the performance of
imprisonment, members and civil employees of the prison
the service; If necessary, provides specialized health care in
mimovězeňských medical devices,
l) is examining its own designated authorities ^ 2) (hereinafter referred to as ' the competent authorities of
The prison service ") criminal activities members; in cooperation with the police
The United States is involved in preventing and detecting crime
persons in custody and in prison.
(2) the prison service shall carry out other duties in accordance with special laws,
legislation. ^ 3)
Organization and management of the prison service
(1) the tasks laid down in paragraph 2 shall ensure in the prison service, prison guards,
Justice guards, administrative service, the Institute of education and the competent authorities
The prison service.
(2) prison guards guards, escorting a person showing and in custody and
in prison, the remand prison, prison guards, and
If it is referred to in paragraph 5 called to carry out the tasks of the judicial guard, guarding
the building of the courts, Prosecutor's offices and ministries. During this activity
provides a fixed order and discipline.
(3) the Judicial Guard ensuring order and safety in buildings, the courts,
the Prosecutor's offices and ministries and in other places their
activity. If the judicial guard temporarily called to carry out the tasks of the prison
guards, guards of the prison and the prison, showing off and escorting the person in
custody and imprisonment. During this activity
provides a fixed order and discipline.
(4) members of the inclusion in the prison guard may be temporarily called
to perform the duties of the judicial guard only in exceptional cases, in particular
If the justice guards its own resources to ensure the performance of the services, and
It only with the consent of the Director.
(5) the members of the classification in the judicial watch may temporarily be called to
the performance of the tasks of the prison guards at places of detention or imprisonment
the deprivation of liberty only in exceptional cases, if the prison guard
to provide its own funds, order and security in these places, and
It only with the consent of the Director.
(6) the administrative service shall act in the administrative procedure according to the specific
legislation and ensures the organisational, economic, educational,
Educational, medical and other professional activity.
(7) members of the inclusion in the administrative services can be by decision of the
the Director of the prison temporarily entrusted with the fulfilment of the tasks of the prison guard, if
the tasks assigned to it the prison guard cannot perform on its own.
(8) the competent authorities of the prison service have the status of a police authority in
proceedings for offences members; ^ 2) belongs to them also permissions
use the supporting operationally search resources under this Act.
2) § 12 para. 2 of the code of criminal procedure.
for example, § 3), 16 and 20 of the Act No. 169/1999 Coll. on the execution of prison sentence
freedoms and amending certain related laws, as amended
the provisions of section 15 of Act No. 293/1993 Coll., on remand, as amended by
amended, section 63 of Act No. 186/1992 Coll., on the prison service
members of the police of the Czech Republic, as amended, section 9
Act No. 240/2000 Coll., on crisis management and amending certain acts
(emergency law), as amended. ".
4. section 3a is repealed.
5. in article 4, paragraph 1 shall be deleted and shall be deleted at the same time, paragraph
6. in paragraph 4, the word "articles" is replaced by "units".
7. the following paragraph 4a shall be added to § 4b is inserted:
The Ministry carries out the control over the observance of legislation and internal
the rules governing the obligations of the members, and civilian employees
The prison service when dealing with detainees and prisoners. ".
8. In section 6 (1). 3 at the end of the text of the letter b), the words "; before
the challenge uses the words "on behalf of the national law," ".
9. in section 8 shall at the end of paragraph 2 the following sentence "the oral statement
"The prison service" proves the national jurisdiction in exceptional
cases where the circumstances do not demonstrate the operation of the staff
the jurisdiction laid down by the way. ".
10. In paragraph 8, the following paragraph 3 is added:
"(3) the Ministry shall issue a decree about the details of the proof
belonging to the prison service. ".
11. In paragraph 11, at the end of paragraph 2 the following phrase "blood sampling is performed on
request a member only a doctor or qualified medical professional
12. In footnote No. 5), the words "§ 20 para. 3 and § 21 c of law No.
59/1965 Coll., as amended, "shall be replaced by ' paragraph 48 and 50
Act No. 169/1999 Coll. ".
13. in section 13 paragraph 2 is added:
"(2) a Member referred to in paragraph 1 shall be entitled to discover the identity of the
people and take action against persons residing in the immediate
the vicinity of the controlled object, if
and justified concern) is that they disrupt the custody or punishment
deprivation of liberty or security of the guarded object, or
(b)), the following persons to behave in a way that interferes with the performance of the binding or
imprisonment or threatens the safety of controlled
14. sections 15 and 16, including headings and footnotes, no 5a) are added:
Chase and hunt for fleeing people
Member is obliged, if it does not prevent other important circumstances
immediately chase the person fleeing from custody or enforcement
imprisonment and do the necessary and urgent measures for its
the detention. About fleeing prison service shall without delay inform the person the police
Of the Czech Republic.
Operatively-search resources, support operatively-search resources, and
their conditions of use
section 16 of the
Operatively-search resources & support operatively-search resources
used in the premises of the prison service, at the request of the Minister or with his
the consent of the authorities authorised to do so under special laws
legislation. ^ 5a)
5A) § 158b code of criminal procedure.
§ 23a of Act No. 283/1991 Coll. ".
15. in article 16, the following new section 16a to 16 c shall be inserted:
The competent authorities of the prison services use support operatively-search
resources in terms of this Act in the premises of the Prison
services for the prevention and detection of crime.
(1) for the purposes of this Act, the supporting operationally pátracími
and safety technology,)
(b)) special funds.
(2) Security technology means the technical resources, equipment and
the files that are used to prevent or avoid danger
the life and health of persons or to ensure the protection of assets and search
radio equipment in the premises of remand prisons and jails and
prevent illegal communications of persons in detention and in prison
the deprivation of liberty. The use of security equipment must not be interfered with in the
constitutionally guaranteed rights and freedoms.
(3) Special funds earmarked financial means
the resources that are being used to pay for certain expenses in
connection with the use of security equipment. Must be with them
handled efficiently and in accordance with their purpose. On the management of
Special funds are not subject to specific legal provisions
governing the management of financial resources of the State.
section 16 c
Operatively-search resources & support operatively-search resources
can be used only in accordance with the purpose of the detention and imprisonment
imprisonment and must not restrict the rights of other persons, in particular persons in the
custody and imprisonment, above the minimum
necessary. May not be used in the contact between the person in custody or in a
imprisonment and its counsel. ".
16. in section 17(2). 2, the letter i) the following new subparagraph (j)), which read as follows:
"j) expansion weapons,".
Letters j to l)) are known as letters to) to m).
17. in section 17(2). 5, the first sentence is replaced by the phrase "if it is due to the
the previous behaviour of the accused or convicted person justified concern that should
could behave in a violent manner, can be used when performing
law enforcement the means referred to in paragraph 2 (a). b), c), or (e))
compliance with the conditions laid down in paragraph 1. ".
18. in article 18, paragraph 2, the following paragraph 3 is added:
"(3) before using the firearm, in the cases referred to in paragraph 1
(a). a) to (d)) is a member of the obligation to ask the person against which the
zakročuje to refrain from infringement, with a warning that it will be
used firearms. From the alert prompts may waive the national
only in the case that is vulnerable to his life or health or the life or
the health of other persons and does not tolerate the surgery delay. ".
The former paragraph 3 shall become paragraph 4.
19. in section 20, at the end of paragraph 3, the words "and 5".
20. in paragraph 21 of the first sentence, the words "the competent supervisor" shall be replaced by
"the Commander of the operation".
21. in section 22 para. 3 the words "judicial guard controls" are replaced by the words
"the judicial guard, subordinate to the competent Director of the prison, or
prisons and controls ".
22. in paragraph 22 of the paragraph. 4 at the end of subparagraph (c)) the comma is replaced by a dot and the
subparagraph (d)) shall be deleted.
23. in paragraph 22 of the dot at the end of paragraph 5 is replaced by a comma and the following
the letter d), which read as follows:
"d) provides escorts to the employees of the Court and the public prosecutor's Office and
provides protection when their acts carried out outside the building of the Court
or the public prosecutor's Office. ".
24. in section 22, paragraph 6, the following paragraph 7 is added:
"(7) the Judicial Guard provides in the buildings of the courts, the public prosecutor's Office
or in other places the activities of courts or prosecution offices by
Chairperson of the Board or the head of the public prosecutor, the protection of
witnesses whose identity and appearance is supposed to be secret. ".
The present paragraph 7 shall become paragraph 8.
25. in paragraph 23 of the paragraph. 5, the words "or a national ' shall be deleted and the word
"their" is replaced by the word "its".
26. in paragraph 23 of the at the end of paragraph 5, the words "or damage intentionally
caused by it ".
27. in section 24, the following new section 24a and 24b, which including notes below
line no. 6 c) are added:
(1) the members may be called upon by the Government to carry out the tasks of the service
riot police or protective services police of the Czech Republic, if the
the strength and resources of the police of the Czech Republic will not be sufficient to
ensure the internal order and security, and for an absolutely
(2) Nationals when carrying out the tasks referred to in paragraph 1 have the authority and
obligations as members of the police of the Czech Republic according to special
legislation. ^ 6 c)
(1) the prison service uses special colours and markings
(2) how the outer members, special colours and
the designation of official vehicles in the prison service modifies the Ministry of
6 c) Act No. 283/1991 Coll., as amended. ".
28. the following section is inserted after section 24b 24 c, including the footnotes.
6 d) is added:
"§ 24 c
(1) the Director-General and his Deputy have the right to use the service
the vehicle for the performance of functions or in connection with it, and to ensure that they
(2) the Director may, directors of detention jails or prisons
enable the use of the service the vehicle to travel from the place of permanent or other
stay in the service and back in connection with the performance of the obligations in crisis
of staff, safety councils, when the mandated on-call service
the service, held above the base period of service in a calendar week, when you return
from a business trip outside the service, and in other cases where it
requires an important interest of the service.
(3) the Director may permit the use of service vehicles
Member or the civil employees of the prison service to travel from the
the place of his permanent or other residence and back, if required by the solution
crisis situations. ^ 6 d)
6 d) section 2 of the Act No. 240/2000 Coll. ".
29. in § 25 paragraph 3 reads:
"(3) the provisions of § 5, section 6 (1). 1 and 2, section 8, § 9 para. 1, § 11 (1) 1, §
12 paragraph 1. 1, § 14 and 23 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the civil employees are used and
The prison service. Their working relationship is governed by the labour code, if
are not governed by special legal regulation 7a) ".
Amendment of the Act on road safety and on changes of some
the laws of the
Act No. 361/2000 Coll. on road safety and on changes
certain acts, as amended by law No 60/2001 Coll., Act No. 478/2001
Coll., Act No. 62/2002 Coll., Act No. 312/2002 Coll. and Act No. 320/2002
Coll., is amended as follows:
1. in article 10, paragraph 2, including the footnotes # 12) up to 14 c) is added:
"(2) the operator of a vehicle shall be obliged to ensure that the colour and
identification of the vehicle was not interchangeable with a special colour
vehicles of the military police under a special legal regulation, ^ 12)
the police under a special legal regulation, ^ 13) the Customs Administration referred to in
a special legal regulation, ^ 14) municipal police under the Special
legislation, ^ 14a) of the prison service of the Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as
"The prison service") under a special legal regulation ^ 14b) and vehicles
fire protection units under special legislation. ^ 14 c)
12) Decree No. 58/1996 Coll., which sets the external marking and
military officers and service card colour and markings
means of transport of the military police.
13) Decree No 25/1998 Coll., on the police and proof of designation
the jurisdiction of the police, as amended by Decree No. 254/2002 Coll.
14) Decree No 197/2001 Coll., on how the external markings and badges
the customs administration, the patterns of uniforms and special color
transposition and designation of the official vehicles of the customs administration, as amended by Decree
No 246/2002 Sb.
14A) Decree No. 88/1996 Coll., implementing the law on municipal police.
14B) section 24b of Act No. 555/1992 Coll., on the prison service and judicial guard
The Czech Republic, as amended by Act No. 441/2003 Coll.
14 c) Decree No 247/2001 Coll. on the organisation and operation of fire units
2. In § 41 para. 2 (a). (b)), the words "United Kingdom" shall be deleted.
Amendment of the Act No. 312/2002 Coll.
In the article. (IX) of the Act No. 312/2002 Coll., amending Act No. 148/1998 Coll.,
on the protection of classified information and on the amendment to certain acts, as amended by
amended, Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the protection of personal data and
amending certain laws, as amended, law No.
18/1997 Coll. on peaceful uses of nuclear energy and ionizing radiation
(Atomic Act), and amending and supplementing certain acts, as amended by
amended, Act No 38/1994 Col., on foreign trade in
military material and the addition of Act No. 455/1991 Coll., on the
trades (Trade Act), as amended
regulations, and Act No. 140/1961 Coll., the criminal act, as amended
legislation, Act No. 283/1993 Coll., on the public prosecutor's Office, as amended by
amended, and Act No. 42/1992 Coll., on the adjustment of property
relations and the settlement of property claims in cooperatives, as amended by
amended, the second sentence shall be deleted.
The effectiveness of the
This Act shall take effect on the first day of the calendar month
following the date of its publication, with the exception of the fifth and sixth,
which shall take effect on the date of its publication.
Fort Worth Star Telegram in r.
Spidla in r.