Read the untranslated law here: https://portal.gov.cz/app/zakony/download?idBiblio=16034&nr=196~2F1947~20Sb.&ft=txt
which establishes the Organization of the United Nations Educational, scientific, and public education.
The name of the Czechoslovak Republic. Day 16. November 1945 in London
negotiated this Convention:
which establishes the Organization of the United Nations Educational, scientific, and public education.
The Governments of the Member States of this Convention on behalf of their peoples declare,
that, because the war is born in the mind of the people, is to be in the mind of the people
to build the defense of peace;
because the mutual incomprehension of Nations has always been in the history of the origin of the
suspicion and mistrust between peoples, thus their misunderstanding too
often degenerated in the war;
because United and terrible war which has just ended, it became possible
only the negation of the democratic ideal of dignity, equality and respect for the
human beings and will nahraditi it to the dogma of inequality of races and people
using ignorance and prejudice;
because human dignity requires, to spread the culture and education
to justice, freedom and peace, and because this thing is sacred
obligations, that all peoples must perform in a spirit of mutual assistance;
because peace, based only on the economic and political agreements
Governments, could not get the unanimous, lasting and sincere assent of Nations and
because this peace must be based on the intellectual and moral solidarity
for these reasons, signatární States this Convention, being determined to
ensure to all the full and equal access to education, free tracking
objective truth and the free exchange of ideas and knowledge, 27(4), on
the development and rozhojnění of relations between their peoples, so that they can mutually
better research and to gain a more precise and správnějšího of knowledge
the life of each of them.
The objectives of this Organization are based, the United Nations Educational,
Science and education, to the cooperation of Nations around the world gradually reached on
the field of education, science and education the objectives of international peace and of the common
the welfare of mankind for which the United Nations Organization was established and
which its Charter proclaims.
Purpose and activities.
1. the Organization is trying to přispěti to the preservation of peace and security
through strengthened collaboration among the Nations through education, science and education, in order to
ensure general respect for Justice, the law, human rights and
fundamental freedoms for all, without distinction of race, sex, language, or
religion, which the Charter of the United Nations admits to all Nations.
2. For the purpose of Organization:
and) supports education and mutual understanding of the peoples, the propůjčujíc its
help resources serving broad information layers; It is recommended to
the objectives of such an international agreement, which it considers useful to the
facilitate the free circulation of ideas, Word and image;
(b) gives a huge boost to lidovýchově) and the spread of education; cooperation with the
Member States which so wish it, to the development of their educational
the introduction of cooperation between Nations, towards the progressive implementation of the
the ideal of equal opportunities for education for all, without distinction of race,
gender, and any economic or social differentiation;
the design of educational methods, matching to ensure that children all over the world
have been prepared on the responsibility of a free man;
(c) maintaining progress) helps and dissemination of knowledge:
care about the conservation and protection of world spiritual assets,
which of the books, works of art and other monuments of importance
historic or scientific, and by doporučovati účastněným
Nations, to negotiate the objectives of international conventions;
by promoting cooperation between Nations in all sectors of intellectual
activities, the international exchange of persons active in the field of education,
Science and education, as well as the exchange of publications, works of art, laboratory
the device and all of the information material;
the introduction of appropriate methods of international cooperation, to all Nations was
facilitate access to what each of them is issued by the press.
3. the Member States of this Organization in order to ensure the independence, integrity
and fruitful diversity of the cultures and educational Organisations
any rights of the zasahovati in any case falling substantially to
their inner powers.
1. the Member States of the Organization of the United Nations shall have the right to be members of the
Organization of the United Nations Educational, scientific, and public education.
2. subject to the provisions of the agreement, which will be negotiated between the
Organisací and Organisací of the United Nations, approved in accordance with article X of this
of the Convention, States that are not members of the Organization of the United Nations, to be
adopted for the members of the Organization, on the recommendation of the Executive Committee,
If it is voted for by the General Assembly by a two thirds majority.
3. the Member States of the Organization that will be deprived of the rights and privileges of members
Organization of the United Nations, at its request, be deprived of the rights and privileges of membership
associated with membership in this organization.
4. the Member States of the Organization cease to be members of ipso facto,
If they are excluded from the Organization of the United Nations.
Organization consists of the General Assembly, the Executive Committee and
The General Assembly.
1. The General Assembly is composed of representatives of the Member States of the Organization.
The Government of each Member State shall appoint not more than five representatives, selected
After hearing of the National Commission, if any, or of the institutions and congregations
Educational, scientific, and educational.
2. The General Assembly determines the direction and main features of the Organization. Decides on the
the program charted by the Executive Committee.
3. The General Assembly, if necessary, convene an International Conference
on education, the sciences, the Humanities studies and the dissemination of knowledge.
4. Act to the General Assembly the adoption of the proposals, which have to be
submitted to the Member States, must--whether in between the recommendations of the Member
States and to the international conventions, which Member States have ratifikovati. In
the first case, you just need a simple majority; in the case of the second requires
a two-thirds majority. Each of the Member States shall submit to the competent
National agents recommendation or Convention within one year after
the end of the session of the General Assembly, at which they were adopted.
5. The General Assembly gives the Organization the United Nations Council on educational,
Scientific and cultural issues, the page of the United Nations, in accordance with
provisions and the way in which officials had previously approved both
6. The General Assembly receives and examines reports by Member States
periodically, shall be submitted in accordance with article VIII.
7. The General Assembly shall elect the members of the Executive Committee; shall be appointed by the General
the Director, in accordance with the proposal of the Executive Committee.
8. Each Member State is entitled to one vote at the General Assembly.
Resolutions are taken by a simple majority of the votes, including the cases when
the provisions of this Convention, asking the two-thirds majority. The majority should be
According to the majority of the members present and voting.
D. rules of procedure.
9. The General Assembly shall meet in ordinary session every year; on
convening the Executive Committee may come to the meeting of the extraordinary. On
each session of the General Assembly shall determine the place of the next meeting; This place
each year varies.
10. The General Assembly shall elect at each meeting its President and Bureau
and shall establish its rules of procedure.
11. General Assembly establishes a special technical Commission and other
subsidiary bodies, which may be necessary to carry out their tasks.
12. Measures shall be taken so that the public could účastniti the negotiations, with the
subject to the provisions of the rules of procedure.
13. on the recommendation of the Executive Committee, and subject to the provisions of the rules of
regulations, the General Assembly adopted resolution pozvati, a two-thirds
usually, the representative of the international, namely those for which the
mention in article XI, paragraph 4, as an observer on a meeting
the General Assembly or the Commission.
Article. In the.
The Executive Committee.
1. the Executive Committee consists of 18 members elected by the General Assembly of the
delegates appointed by the Member States, as well as of the President of the General
the Assembly, which shall meet as such with the Advisory.
2. In the election of the members of the Executive Committee of the General Assembly shall seek to
dosaditi the experts in art, literature, science and promotion
thinking, experience, and expertise required to carry out
the administrative and executive functions of the Committee. Will also take into account the diversity of
cultures and fair geographical distribution. The Executive Committee will be
can never be more than one national of the same Member
State, nečítajíc in that the President of the General Assembly.
3. Election of the members of the Committee will retain its function for a period of three years; may be
immediately following the period of znovuzvoleni, but not zasedati
For more than two consecutive periods. In the first election
shall elect eighteen members, of whom a third resigns after the first
the year of the duration of the mandate and a third after the expiry of the second year of the show
their withdrawal is specified immediately after the election by drawing lots. Later elects to
six members per year.
4. In the event of the death or resignation of one of the members shall be determined by the Executive
the Committee of delegates from the Member State concerned, which will be representative
zasedati to the next session of the General Assembly, which chooses
full member for the remainder of the mandate period.
5. the Executive Committee, acting by the power of the General Assembly, is he
responsible for the fulfilment of the programme adopted by the Assembly. Prepares daily
the agenda for meetings of the Assembly and its work programme.
6. the Executive Committee recommends to the General Assembly the admission of new members
to the Organisation.
7. Subject to the decision of the General Assembly shall establish an Executive Committee
its rules of procedure. The Bureau's elect from among its members.
8. The Executive Committee shall hold an ordinary meeting at least twice a year; may
come to the extraordinary meeting, if convened by the President to her from his
its own initiative or at the request of six members of the Committee.
9. the Chairman of the Executive Committee shall submit to the General Assembly, with
comments or without them, the annual report of the Director-General of the
the activities of the Organization, which had been submitted to the Committee.
10. The Executive Committee shall make all the appropriate measures for consultation with representatives of
International organisací or qualified persons, which
dealing with issues falling within its competence.
11. the members of the Executive Committee shall exercise the power that left them
the General Assembly, on behalf of the whole of the General Assembly and not as a
the representatives of their respective Governments.
1. the Secretariat shall consist of the Director-General and the necessary personnel.
2. The Director-General proposes to the Executive Committee and shall be appointed by the General
the Assembly for a period of six years for conditions to be General
approved by the Assembly. May be reappointed. The Director-General
is the highest official Organisations.
3. The Director-General or a representative of that for himself ordained, participating in the
without the right to vote in all meetings of the General Assembly, the Executive
the Committee and the Commission Organisation. Formulate proposals for measures, which has the General
the Assembly and the Committee of the exceptions.
4. the Director General shall appoint the staff of the secretariat according to the provisions of the
the personnel of the Statute, which will need to be předložiti to the approval of the General
the Assembly. Employees will be recruited on the broadest
geographical basis so that ensure the highest level of
the integrity, efficiency and technical knowledge.
5. The responsibility of the Director General and the staff shall be exclusively
international nature. In the performance of their duties will not be vyžadovati
přijímati or instructions from any Government or from any authority outside of the stationary
Organization. Avoid any action, which could kompromitovati
their position that they occupy as international officials. All
the Member States of the Organization to undertake that the Government will be the international character of the
the functions of the Director General and the staff and not on them vykonávati
influence in the performance of their tasks.
6. None of the provisions of this article for Organization in
to contract within the Organization of the United Nations special agreements for
the establishment of joint offices and on the mutual exchange of employees.
The National Commission for cooperation.
1. each Member State shall take the measures appropriate to the circumstances, in order to
Organization of the work of his group were přibrány most important, dealing
things for education, scientific research and public education, if possible, by the way,
to establish a National Commission, in which the Government will be represented, and these groups.
2. In countries where they are established, are the National Commission or national
Organization for cooperation of the Advisory function of their national delegations to the General
the Assembly and its Government in all matters relating to the Organisation.
Have a role of connecting the authorities for any Organization interested in the issues.
3. at the request of a Member State may either temporarily or delegovati Organisations
the National Commission of this permanently to the State of a member of its secretariat, to
He was assisted in its work.
Reporting by Member States.
Each Member State shall be sent to the Organization in the form determined by the General
Assembly, periodic report about the laws, regulations and statistics
relating to its institutions and activities in the field of education, science and awareness,
as well as about what was done in the case of the recommendations and conventions, which
referred to in article IV, paragraph 4.
1. the budget is managed by the Organisací.
2. The General Assembly finally approves the budget and the financial
the share of each of the Member States, subject to the measures which will be
made agreement with the Organisací of the United Nations in accordance with article X of this
of the Convention.
3. The Director may, with the consent of the Executive Committee of the přijímati gifts,
links and subsidies directly from Governments, public or private institutions,
associations or individuals.
Contact with the Organisací of the United Nations.
Organisations will be connected as soon as possible, to the Organization
The United Nation. It will be one of its special authorities, referred to in
Article 57 of the Charter of the United Nations. This connection shall be carried out by agreement with the
Organisací of the United Nations in accordance with the provisions of article 63 of the Charter. This
the agreement shall be submitted to the General Assembly of the Organization for approval.
Museti will umožňovati a real cooperation between the two organisations for
a common goal. At the same time confirms the autonomy of Organisations in the field of its
the specific scope, as defined in this Convention. This agreement will be namely
contain provisions concerning the approval of the budget and the financing of the Organisation
the General Assembly of the United Nations.
Relations with other organisations and specialized international institutions.
1. Organisations may spolupracovati with other organisations and professional
intergovernmental institutions, whose tasks and activities are in conformity with the
its own objectives. For this purpose, the Director of the power
the Executive Committee effective relations with these pulling organisations and
institutions and zříditi Joint Commission, which would have proved necessary to
the negotiation of effective cooperation. All the agreements concluded with these
organisations or professional institutions will podléhati approval
of the Executive Committee.
2. whenever the General Assembly of the Organization and officials
any other intergovernmental organization or institution having the expertise
a similar activity and scope, they see the desirable freedom
Organization resources and functions of the above organisations or institutions,
the Director may, subject to the approval of the General Assembly,
needed a permanent Alliance agreement that would suit both parties.
3. the Organization may do in common agreement with the other intergovernmental
appropriate measures to ensure organisations to be represented on their
4. Organization of the United Nations Educational, science and education can do
all appropriate measures for the mutual consultation and cooperation with the private
international organisations which deal with matters falling within the
its scope. May požádati about performing certain defined tasks,
falling within their competence. This cooperation may also include
the participation of the representatives of the mentioned organisací in the work of advisory committees
established by the General Assembly.
The legal status of the Organization.
The provisions of article 104 and 105 of the Charter of the United Nations, concerning the
the legal status of the United Nations, their privileges and freedoms, also applies to
1. proposals for additions to this Convention shall become effective after the approval by the General
the General Assembly by a two thirds majority of the votes; but the additions are introduced
substantial changes in the objectives of the Organization or new obligations for Member
States will have to be additionally received two thirds of the
of the Member States. The text of the proposals for amendments will send the Director-General
the Member States at least six months before being submitted to the General
Assembly for consideration.
2. The General Assembly will be entitled to accept a two-thirds majority of the
the rules about the way in which the provisions of this article are to be carried out.
1. The English and French texts of this Convention shall have the same force.
2. all issues and all disputes concerning the interpretation of this Convention shall be
made to the decision of the International Court of Justice or to an arbitral tribunal,
Depending on how the act according to its General Assembly
the rules of procedure.
The entry into force.
1. this Convention shall be submitted for adoption. Instruments of acceptance shall be
deposited with the Government of the United Kingdom.
2. This Convention shall be deposited in the archives of the Government of the United Kingdom, where
will be freely available for signature. Signatures can be připojiti before or after
the submission of the instruments of acceptance. The adoption will have force only in case
It will be předcházeti or follow the signature.
3. this Convention shall enter into force as soon as it will be taken twenty of its
the signatories. The later adoption take effect immediately.
4. the Government of the United Kingdom shall notify all members of the Organization of the United
Nations taking over all of acceptance and the date when the Convention fits in
in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
On conscience subscribers assignees have signed this Convention in the language of the
the English and French languages, both texts of which are equally authentic.
Done in London, 16th November, 1945, in a single original in the
the English and the French. Duly certified copies thereof shall be sent by the Government
The United Kingdom and the Governments of all Member States of the United Nations.
The Argentine Republic: Australia:
And (C) Salamanca Buisseret.
Brazil: Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic:
Moniz de Aragao
Vincent Massey Francisco Walker Linares
Hu Shih J. J. Arango
Costa Rica: Cuba:
Luis Marino Perez
John Michelsen Opočenský Albums.
Dominican Republic: Ecuador:
A. Pastoriza Pastoriza.
Egypt: El Salvador:
A. Fattah Amr Ethiopie Ah:
Th. M. Aghnides Galich
John Sargent And A. Hekmat
Naji Al Nasil Camille Chamoun
J. W. Pearson, And Als.
J. T. Bodet In D Leeuw
New Zealand: Nicaragua:
Nils Hjelmtveit E. A. Morales
Maximo M. Kalaw, Bernard Drzewieski
Saudi Arabia: Syria:
Hafiz Wahba N. Armanazi
Turkey: Ukrainian Soviet Socialist
The South African Union: Union of Soviet Socialist
G. Heaton Nicholls republics:
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland:
United States: Uruguay:
R. E. Maceachen
A. Azpurua Rodriguez, Dr. Ljubo Leontic
Prozkoumavše this Convention endorsement and we confirm it.
The conscience we have signed this sheet and the seal of the Republic of
The Czechoslovak přitisknouti.
In Topolčiankách 14 June 2006. September one thousand years the 40th devítistého
The President of the Czechoslovak Republic:
Dr. Edvard Beneš in r.
Minister of Foreign Affairs:
Jan Masaryk in r.
Announces that the Convention has taken under its article XV, para. 3,
the effectiveness of day 4. November 1946 adoption of the twenty signatories to the Convention.
Instrument of ratification of the Czechoslovak Republic was stored in London
October 4, 1946, the date acquired for her efficiency.
30. June 1947 came into the effectiveness of the Convention States:
Australií, Belgium, Bolivií,-Brazil, China, Czechoslovakia, Denmark,
the Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ecuadorem, Filipinami, France
Haiti, India, Canada, The Netherlands, Lebanon, Liberií, Mexico, New
Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Greece, Saudi Arabia For The Syrian Border, The,
Turkey, Great Britain, United States of America, South Africa
Union and Venezuela.
Dr. Clementis v r.
State Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Search Translated Laws of Czech Republic