Read the untranslated law here: https://portal.gov.cz/app/zakony/download?idBiblio=45807&nr=347~2F1997~20Sb.&ft=txt
of 3 July 2003. December 1997
on the creation of higher territorial self-governing units and on the amendment of the constitutional
the Czech National Council Act No. 1/1993 Coll., Constitution of the Czech Republic
Change: 176/2001 Sb.
Change: 135/2011 Sb.
Parliament passed this Constitutional Act of the Czech Republic:
PART THE FIRST
On the territory of the United States to produce these higher territorial self-governing
1. The capital city of Prague, as defined by the territory of the city of Prague;
2. Central region, based in Prague, as defined by the territory of Benešov district
Beroun, Kladno, Kolín, Kutná Hora, Mělník, Mladá Boleslav, Nymburk,
Prague-East, Prague-West, Příbram and Rakovník.
3. the region of South Bohemia with its headquarters in České Budějovice, a defined territory
districts by České Budějovice, Český Krumlov, Jindřichův Hradec, Písek,
Strakonice and Prachatice, Tabor;
4. The Czech Republic is located in Pilsen, a defined territory of the districts of Domazlice,
Klatovy, Plzeň-city, Plzeň, Plzeň-sever, Rokycany and Tachov.
5. The Karlovy Vary region based in Karlovy Vary, a defined territory
districts of Cheb, Karlovy Vary and Sokolov;
6. Usti Region based in Ústí nad Labem, a defined territory of the districts
Decin, Chomutov, Louny, Litoměřice, Most, Teplice and Ústí nad Labem;
7. The Liberec Region headquartered in Liberec, as bounded by the territory of United Counties
Lipa, Jablonec nad Nisou, Liberec and Semily;
8. Hradec Kralove region, based in Hradec Kralove, a defined territory
districts of Hradec Králové, Jičín, Náchod, Rychnov nad Kněžnou and Trutnov.
9. the Pardubice region based in Pardubice, a defined territory of the districts
Chrudim, Pardubice, Pardubice and Ústí nad Orlicí;
10. District based in Jihlava, a defined territory of the districts of Vysočina
Brod, Jihlava, Pelhřimov, Třebíč and Žďár nad Sázavou;
11. the South-Moravian region, based in Brno, a defined territory of the Blansko district
Brno-město, Brno-venkov, Břeclav, Hodonín, Vyškov and Znojmo;
12. The Olomouc region based in Olomouc, a defined territory of the districts
Jeseník, Olomouc, Prostějov, Přerov and Šumperk.
13. the Moravian-Silesian region, based in Ostrava, a defined territory of the districts
Bruntál, Frýdek-Místek, Karviná, Nový Jičín, Opava and Ostrava-city;
14. The Zlín region based in Zlin, as defined by the territory of Kroměříž,
Zlín and Uherské Hradiště, Zlín.
The boundaries of the higher territorial self-governing units can only be changed by law.
(1) the territory of the city of Prague means its territory at the date of effectiveness of the
This Constitutional Act.
(2) the territory of the district shall be its territory at the date of application of this
the Constitutional Act.
The constitutional law of the Czech National Council No. 1/1993 Coll., Constitution of the Czech Republic,
is amended as follows:
1. Article. 99 reads as follows:
Czech Republic is divided into municipalities, which are the basic territorial
authorities, and of the region, which are of higher territorial self-governing
2. Article. 103 shall be deleted.
This constitutional law shall take effect on 1 January 2000. January 1, 2000.
Zeman in r.
Havel, v. r.
Search Translated Laws of Czech Republic