Read the untranslated law here: https://portal.gov.cz/app/zakony/download?idBiblio=31338&nr=2~2F1969~20Sb.&ft=txt
The Czech National Council
of 8 June. January 1969
on the establishment of ministries and other central bodies of State administration of the Czech
of the Republic of
Change: 34/1970 Sb.
Change: 147/1970 Sb.
Change: 125/1973 Sb.
Modified: 25/1976 Sb.
Change: 118/1983 Sb.
Change: 60/1988 Coll.
Change: 37/1989 Coll.
Change: 173/1989 Coll.
Change: 9/1990 Coll.
Change: 93/1990 Coll.
Change: 126/1990 Coll.
Change: 203/1990 Coll.
Change: 288/1990 Coll.
Change: 305/1990 Coll.
Change: 575/1990 Coll.
Change: 103/1992 Sb.
Change: 167/1992 Sb.
Change: 239/1992 Sb.
Change: 350/1992 Sb.
Change: 474/1992 Sb.
Change: 548/1992 Sb.
Change: 358/1992 Coll., 359/1992 Coll., 21/1993 Coll.
Change: 166/1993 Coll.
Change: 285/1993 Coll.
Change: 47/1994 Coll.
Change: 89/1995 Sb.
Change: 289/1995 Coll.
Change: 135/1996 Coll.
Change: 135/1996 Coll. (part)
Change: 272/1996 Coll.
Modified: 15/1998 Coll. (part)
Modified: 15/1998 Coll.
Change: 148/1998 Coll.
Change: 63/2000 Sb.
Change: 130/2000 Sb.
Change: 204/2000 Sb.
Change: 365/2000 Sb.
Change: 154/2000 Coll., 239/2000 Coll., 257/2000 Coll., 258/2000 Coll., 458/2000
Change: 256/2001 Sb.
Change: 219/2002 Sb.
Change: 13/2002 Sb.
Change: 47/2002 Coll., 517/2002 Sb.
Change: 62/2003 Coll.
Change: 162/2003 Coll.
Modified: 18/2004 Sb.
Change: 362/2004 Sb.
Change: 421/2004 Sb.
Change: 499/2004 Coll., 587/2004 Sb.
Change: 95/2005 Sb.
Change: 127/2005 Coll.
Change: 290/2005 Sb.
Change: 501/2004 Sb.
Change: 71/2006 Sb.
Change: 57/2006 Coll., 70/2006 Sb.
Change: 179/2006 Sb.
Change: 225/2006 Sb.
Change: 186/2006 Sb.
Change: 110/2007 Sb.
Change: 189/2006 Coll. 274/2008 Coll. 297/2008 Coll.
Change: 295/2009 Sb.
Change: 304/2008 Sb.
Change: 375/2011 Sb.
Change: 275/2012 Sb.
Change: 399/2012 Sb.
Change: 64/2014 Sb.
Change: 250/2014 Sb.
Change: 205/2015 Sb.
The Czech National Council agreed on this law:
PART THE FIRST
The establishment of the central bodies of State administration
In the Czech Republic operates the central State administration authorities, in whose
It is headed by a member of the Government:
1. The Ministry of finance,
2. the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
3. The Ministry of education, youth and sports,
4. the Ministry of culture,
5. the Ministry of labour and Social Affairs,
6. The Ministry of health,
7. The Ministry of Justice,
8. the Ministry of the Interior,
9. the Ministry of trade and industry,
10. The Ministry for local development,
11. the Ministry of agriculture,
12. The Ministry of defence,
13. The Ministry of transport,
14. the Ministry of the environment.
In the Czech Republic operates such other central State administration bodies:
1. The Czech Statistical Office,
2. Czech Office and land registry, zeměměřický
3. the Czech mining Office,
4. Industrial Property Office
5. the Office for the protection of economic competition,
6. The Administration of the State material reserves,
7. the State Office for nuclear safety,
8. the national security authority,
9. the Energy Regulatory Office,
10. the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic,
11. the Czech Telecommunication Office,
12. the Office for the protection of personal data,
13. the Council for radio and television broadcasting.
PART THE SECOND
Competence of central authorities of State administration, in which the head is
the Government of the Czech Republic
(1) the Ministry of finance is the central body of the State administration for State
the budget of the Republic, the national accounts of the Republic, the National Treasury
The Czech Republic, financial market, regulate issuance of electronic money and
protect the interests of consumers on the financial market with the exception of the exercise of supervision
the financial market within the scope of the Czech National Bank, for
the introduction of the single currency, the euro, on the territory of the Czech Republic, for the payment
intercourse, taxes, insurance premiums for pension savings, taxes and duties, financial
management, financial control, review of the management of the territorial
self-governing units, accounting, audit and tax advice, things
foreign currency claims and liabilities, including the State abroad, the protection of
foreign investment, for a raffle, sweepstakes, and other similar games,
the management of the property of the State, the privatization of State assets, contribution to
building savings and Government contribution to pension plans, prices and
for action against the legalization of proceeds of crime and
the national coordination of the implementation of international sanctions for the purpose of
the maintenance of international peace and security, the protection of fundamental human
rights and the fight against terrorism, the subsidized imports shall be assessed and
adopt measures for the protection against the importation of such products.
(2) the Ministry of finance together with the Czech National Bank prepares and
submit to the Government draft laws in the sphere of currency and money circulation
and draft laws, which govern the status, scope,
the Organization and activities of the Czech National Bank, with the exception of the supervision of
the financial market, the payments and the issuance of electronic money.
(3) the Ministry of Finance provides the membership in the international financial
institutions and financial bodies of the Organisation for economic
cooperation and development (OECD), the European Union and other international
the economic grouping, if such membership is not for exclusively Czech
the National Bank.
(4) the Ministry of finance coordinates the receipt of foreign aid.
(5) the Ministry of finance determines the accounting records for the needs of the State
including the compilation of the financial statements for the Czech Republic in accordance with the law
(1) the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the central body of State administration
The Czech Republic, for the area of foreign policy, in which creates
the concept and coordinate foreign development aid, coordinate external
economic relations, it participates in the negotiation of international sanctions and
coordinates the position of the Czech Republic.
(2) the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic to the relationships secures
other States, international organizations and integration groupings,
coordinates the activities resulting from bilateral and multilateral
cooperation, with the exception of things belonging to the competence of the Ministry of
(3) the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in particular further
and) coordinates the activities of ministries and other central bodies of the State
management in the field of foreign relations on the entrusted to them by sections of the State
Administration, to ensure that these obligations are complied with sections
for the Czech Republic resulting from international treaties, as well as from the
the Czech Republic's membership in international organizations,
(b)) provides the protection of the rights and interests of the Czech Republic and its citizens in
(c)) governed by the embassies abroad,
(d)) performs tasks in relations with the authorities of foreign States in the Czech
Republic and abroad,
e) performs tasks in the management of the property of the Czech Republic abroad,
(f) coordinates and ensures the preparation), the negotiation and national
negotiating international treaties and agreements,
g) secures the promulgation of international treaties by which the Czech
Republic is bound,
(h) monitor compliance with and implementation of the) international treaties and agreements of the
point of application of the interests of the foreign policy of the Czech Republic,
even in the cases) grants consent for import and export of military goods,
(j) preparation of workers for) ensures the performance of the foreign service
organisationally and technically to) secures the elections to the Chamber of Deputies
Parliament of the Czech Republic and the election of the President of the Republic abroad and
perform the tasks in the elections to the European Parliament.
section 7 of the
(1) the Ministry of education, youth and sports is the central authority of the
the State administration for pre-school establishments, schools, basic
school, middle school and high school for Sciences, research and policy
development, including international cooperation in this area, and for the scientific
rank, for State care for children, youth, physical education, sports,
tourism and sports represent the State.
(2) the Ministry of education, youth and sports coordinates the activities of the
ministries, other central bodies of State administration and professional chambers
in the area of recognition of professional qualifications provided for in the specific
^ Law 1) and in the area of obtaining qualifications in the system of another
education under special legislation "^ 1a).
(3) the Ministry of education, youth and sports is subordinated to the United
The Ministry of culture is the central body of State administration for art,
cultural and educational activity, cultural monuments, churches and stuff
religious communities, for the press, including the issue of
neperiodického of the press and other information resources for radio and
television broadcasting, unless otherwise provided by special law to the contrary, ^ 2) for
the implementation of the copyright law and to the production of and trade in the area of culture.
(1) the Ministry of labour and Social Affairs is the central authority of the State
management for labor relations, safety at work, employment and
retraining, collective bargaining, wages and other remuneration,
pensions, sickness insurance, social welfare, care of the
the working conditions of women and minors, the protection of maternity, care of
family and children, care for citizens, who need special assistance, and to
For more wage and social policy issues.
(2) the Ministry of labour and Social Affairs, together with the Ministry of finance
prepare and submit to the Government draft legislation in the area of remuneration
(1) the Ministry of health is the central body of State administration for
health services, public health protection, health
scientific research activity, the provider of health services in the direct
the management scope, treatment with addictive substances, preparations
precursors and auxiliary substances, search, protection and exploitation of
the natural medicinal resources, natural healing baths and resources
natural mineral water, pharmaceuticals and medical technology resources
for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of people, health insurance and
health information system, for the use of biocidal products and
the placing of biocidal products and active substances on the market.
(2) the part of the Ministry of health of the Czech Inspectorate is the spa and
(3) the organizational part of the Health Ministry's Inspectorate
narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.
(1) the Ministry of Justice is the central authority of State administration for
the courts and the public prosecutor's Office.
(2) the Ministry of Justice is issuing legal opinions to the credit and
guarantee agreements, in which the Czech Republic is a Contracting Party.
(3) the Ministry of Justice is the central authority of State administration for
the prison system; He is subordinate to the prison service of the Czech Republic.
The Ministry of Justice provides telecommunications network of Prison
services of the Czech Republic.
(4) the Ministry of Justice is the central authority of State administration for
probation and mediation.
(5) the Department of Justice represents the Czech Republic in
complaints on the violation of the Convention for the protection of human rights and
fundamental freedoms and its protocols and the International Covenant on civil
and political rights and shall coordinate the implementation decision of the competent
(1) the Ministry of the Interior is a central State administration body for internal
things, in particular for
and) public order and other things the internal order and security in the
defined the scope, including the surveillance of the safety and continuity of the road
(b)) first and last names, the Registrar, citizenship, identity cards,
report of the stay, the registration of inhabitants and social security numbers,
(c)), the right of Assembly
(d)) public collections,
(e)) and fill in the service archives
f) weapons and ammunition,
(g)), fire protection,
h) travel documents, enabling the aliens and the status of refugees,
and the territorial subdivisions of the State)
(j) the State border), measurement, maintenance and management of documentary
works and establishment, closure and changes the character of the border crossings,
to State symbols)
l) elections to the councils and regional authorities, to the Parliament of the Czech
of the Republic, to the European Parliament held on the territory of the Czech Republic and
election of the President of the Republic,
m) crisis management, civil emergency planning, protection of the population and
integrated rescue system,
n) area of the electronic signature,
about) the information systems of the public administration.
(2) the Ministry of the Interior shall carry out the coordinating role in the area of administrative
management, administrative punishment, the file services and procedures under the control
of the order.
(3) the Ministry of the Interior shall carry out the coordinating role in the field of the organisation and
the performance of the public administration.
(4) the Ministry of the Interior shall carry out the coordinating role in the field of professional
the ratio of members of the security forces and the civil service.
(5) the Ministry of the Interior provides a communication network for the police of the Czech
Republic, the components of the integrated rescue system and territorial authorities
State administration and operates the information system for the handling of EU classified
information between public authorities.
(6) the Ministry of the Interior shall carry out the coordinating role for the information and
(1) the Ministry of industry and trade is the central body of State administration
and the State industrial policy), trade policy, foreign
economic policy, the creation of a uniform policy, the use of raw materials
mineral resources, energy, heat supply, gas, mining,
adjustment and refinement of crude oil and natural gas, solid fuels,
radioactive raw materials, ores and nerud,
(b)), metallurgy, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and electronics industry
chemical and oil processing, rubber and plastics, glass and ceramics,
textiles and clothing, leather and printing, paper and pulp and
woodworking and for the production of building materials, construction, manufacturing
health production, scrap and metal waste,
c) internal trade and protect consumers ' interests, foreign trade and
support for export,
(d)) things small and medium-sized enterprises and for business,
e) technical standardisation, metrology and testing,
f) industrial research, the development of techniques and technologies,
(g)) of the electronic communications and postal services, with the exception of the things entrusted to the
within the scope of the Czech Telecommunication Office.
(2) the Ministry of industry and trade is the central body of State administration
in matters of commodity exchanges, with the exception of things belonging to the scope of the
The Ministry of agriculture.
(3) the Ministry of industry and trade
and coordinates the foreign commercial policy) of the Czech Republic in relation to the
(b)) provides the negotiation of bilateral and multilateral trade and
economic agreements, including commodity agreements,
(c)) implements the business cooperation with the EC, EFTA, GATT and other
international organizations and integration groupings,
(d)) manages and carries out activities associated with the application of the license mode in
the area of economic relations with foreign countries,
(e) assessing the imports of dumped products) and adopts measures to protect the
against imports of these products.
(4) the Ministry of industry and trade controls and testing puncovnictví
(5) the Ministry of industry and trade is the child of Czech energy
inspection, the Czech trade inspection, the assay Office, and the license Bureau.
(1) the Ministry for local development is the central body of State administration
in matters of regional policy, housing policy, the development of domestic and
the Housing Fund and for the rental of flats and non-residential Affairs area, territorial
planning and building regulations, expropriation, investment policy,
tourism and the funeral industry.
(2) the Ministry for local development
and manages financial resources) intended for housing policy assurance
and regional policy of the State,
(b) coordinating the activities of ministries) and other central bodies of the State
management in housing policy and regional policy of the State,
including the coordination of the financing of these activities, if these resources
does not manage itself.
(3) the Ministry for local development provides information, methodological
assistance to higher regional municipalities, cities, municipalities and their
(4) the Ministry for local development provides activities related to the
the process of involvement of territorial self-governing units in the European
(1) the Ministry of agriculture is the central body of State administration for
Agriculture, with the exception of the protection of agricultural land, water
economy, with the exception of the protection of natural water accumulation, protection
water resources and protect the quality of surface water and groundwater, and for
the food industry. It is also the central body of State administration of forests,
hunting and fishing, with the exception of the territory of national parks.
(2) the Ministry of agriculture is the central body of State administration in
matters of commodity exchanges, which organise the shops with goods
originating from agricultural and forestry production, including those incurred by
(3) the Ministry of agriculture governed by the State agricultural and food
inspection, the State Veterinary Administration of the Czech Republic, a central control
and test Department of agriculture and the Czech breeders ' inspection.
(4) the Ministry of agriculture is the central body of State administration in
matters of health care, plant health care, care about the food, care
on the protection of animals against cruelty, and for the protection of the rights of new varieties
of plants and breeds of animals.
section 16 of the
(1) the Ministry of defence is the central body of State administration, in particular for
and assurance of Defense of the Czech Republic),
(b) the control of the army of the Czech Republic),
(c) the administration of military újezdů).
(2) the Ministry of defence as authority for the defence of the assurance
and) is involved in the drafting of the military defence policy State
(b) the concept of operational training) prepares the national territory,
(c)) proposes the necessary measures to ensure the defense of the State of the Government of the Czech
of the Republic, the Council of defence of the Czech Republic and the President of the Czech Republic,
d) coordinates the activities of the central authorities, administrative authorities and institutions
authorities and legal persons important for the defence of the State in the preparation of
e) controls military intelligence,
(f)) provides integrity of the airspace of the Czech Republic,
g) organizes and carries out measures to mobilize the Army of the Czech Republic, the
the keeping of registers of citizens subject to military conscription and to conduct
evidence of factual resources, which will be for military readiness
provided for the needs of the army of the Czech Republic,
(h)), he calls the citizens of the Czech Republic to carry out military conscription.
(3) the Ministry of defence in the framework of the European security structures
organise cooperation with the armies of other countries.
(4) the Ministry of defence shall exercise State supervision over radiation protection in
(5) the rights and obligations of the State in matters of industrial relations
management in the field of civil protection from the Ministry of defence on
The Ministry of the Interior, on the date of entry into force of the law on integrated
rescue system and on amendment to certain laws.
The Ministry of transport is the central body of State administration in matters
of transport and is responsible for the formation of State policy in the field of transport and in the
the extent of its competence in its implementation.
(1) the Ministry of the environment is the authority of the Chief of the State
surveillance in environmental matters.
(2) the Ministry of the environment is the central body of State administration
for the protection of the natural accumulation of water, protection of water resources and the protection of
the quality of surface water and groundwater, for the protection of the air, for the protection of
nature and landscape conservation, for the area of operation of the Zoological gardens, for
protection of agricultural land, for the performance of the State Geological Service,
for the protection of the rock environment, including the protection of mineral resources and
groundwater, for geological work, and for ecological supervision of
mining, waste management, and environmental assessment activities and
their effects on the environment, including those that go beyond the
the State border. Furthermore, it is the central body of State administration for hunting,
Fisheries and forestry in national parks. It is also central to the
the authority of the State administration for State environmental policies, for the system
marking of environmentally friendly products and services, and for program support
voluntary participation in the system of business management and audit protection
the environment (EMAS).
(3) to the security management and control activities of the Government of the Czech Republic
The Ministry of the environment shall coordinate in matters of
environment the procedure of all the ministries and other central bodies
the State administration of the Czech Republic.
(4) the Ministry of the environment, secures and manages the single
the information system on the environment, including the area of monitoring the
throughout the territory of the Czech Republic, also in pursuance of an international agreement.
(5) the Ministry of environment manages the Fund creation and protection
the environment of the Czech Republic.
(6) the Ministry of the environment is subordinated to the Czech inspection
the environment and the Czech Hydrometeorological Institute.
PART THE THIRD
The principle activities of the central bodies of State administration
The Ministry and other central State administration bodies referred to in the
the first (hereinafter referred to as "the Ministry") shall carry out its tasks within the scope of
laid down in the laws and other generally binding legal regulations and
tasks resulting from the membership of the Czech Republic in the European Union and in
other integration groupings and international organizations, if
they are binding for the Czech Republic.
The Ministry in all their activities governed by constitutional and other
laws and Government resolutions.
The Ministry will examine social issues within their
scope, analyze the achieved results and takes measures to solution
topical issues. Concept development process entrusted to the sector and
solutions to the core issues, which shall be submitted to the Government of the Czech Republic. About
the proposals serious measures adequately inform the public.
The Ministry submitted the documents required for the committed sectors for
the Assembly Government budgets of the Republic and proposals for the preparation of other
measures a broader range. Occupy a position on the proposals, which
be submitted to the Government of the Czech Republic, other ministries, if they concern
the circuit of their scope.
The Ministry of caring about the proper legislation of things belonging to the
the scope of the Czech Republic; prepare draft laws and other legal
provisions relating to things that belong to their scope, as well as
the proposals, which the Government imposed; ensure the conservation
the legality within its scope and is required by the laws of
measures to remedy the situation.
Department of safeguard in its scope of tasks related to the
negotiating international agreements, with the development of interstate relations and
international cooperation. Secure in their scope of tasks that
result for the Czech Republic from international treaties, as well as from the
membership in international organizations.
section 27 of the
The Ministry of each other to exchange the necessary information and documents. Lower
State administration bodies shall report them and shall communicate the information that
the relevant ministries to the extent strictly necessary for the performance of
(1) the activities of the ministries, controls, checks and consolidates the Government of the Czech
of the Republic.
(2) the tasks related to the professional, organisational and technical security
activities of the Government of the Czech Republic, its institutions, members of the Government
they are not charged with the management of the Ministry or other authority, and the authorities of the
which provides for a special law or Government so decides, the Office
the Government of the Czech Republic.
(3) the Head Office of the Government of the Czech Republic shall be appointed and dismissed by the Government
Of the Czech Republic. The activities of the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic governed by a head of Office
the Government of the Czech Republic, with the exception of the organizational Affairs of the civil service and
business relations of public servants; in these matters progresses
the head of the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic in accordance with the law on the civil service.
The Government may set up as an advisory body to the Legislative Council. In her
headed by the Government. The Government may establish as its advisory body also
The Council of economic and social agreement; in the head of the Prime Minister.
PART THE FOURTH
(1) the legal standards organisations in the Czech Republic
radio and television broadcasting and the reporting agency and their
relations with the central authorities of the Czech Republic, modifies the law.
(2) the law also modifies the legal ratios of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic and
its relations with the central authorities of the Czech Republic.
In the Czech Republic does not apply the following provisions:
1. Act No. 104/1963 Coll., on the establishment and powers of the Government Committee for
2. the provisions of article 4 of Decree-Law No. 10/1958 Coll., if it provides
the subordination of the Central Administration of Geodesy and cartography to the Minister of the Interior;
3. the provisions of section 1 (1). 2 Act No. 115/1965 Coll., if it provides
the subordination of the Central Office of the Ministry of geological mining.
This Act shall take effect on the date of publication.
Dr. Emperor. r.
Ing. Rázl in r.
Selected provisions of the novel
The third part of the Act No. 219/2002 Sb.
THE TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS OF THE
The Office of the Government of the Czech Republic, acting in accordance with section 28 of Act No. 2/1969 Coll., on
the establishment of ministries and other central bodies of State administration of the Czech
of the Republic, including the rights and obligations arising from the employment
relationships and other legal relations, the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic according to the
of this law.
1) the communication of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs No. 209/1992 Coll.
1) Law No 18/2004 Coll., on the recognition of professional qualifications and other
eligibility of nationals of the Member States of the European Union and the
change some of the laws (law on the recognition of professional qualifications).
1A) Law No. 179/2006 Coll., on validation and recognition of the results of the next
education and on amendments to certain acts (the Act on the recognition results
2) Eg. Act No. 468/1991 Coll., on radio and
of television broadcasting activities, as amended by later regulations, the CZECH NATIONAL COUNCIL Act No.
103/1992 Coll., on the Czech Republic's Council for radio and television
the broadcast, in the wording of later regulations.
3) Published under no. 120/1976 Coll. and no. 209/1992 Coll.
Search Translated Laws of Czech Republic