1994 (January 11)
Official Gazette No. 41,167, of January 11, 1994
Whereby the National Press of Colombia becomes Industrial and Commercial State. Summary
THE CONGRESS OF COLOMBIA, DECREES
ARTICLE 1o. ORGANIZATION. The National Press which was attached as Division Revolving Fund of the Ministry of Justice by Decree 820 of 1974 and Decree 2160 of December 30, 1992, is part of the National Penitentiary and Prison Institute, INPEC, becomes Industrial Company Commercial and state, meaning that possess legal personality, its own independent patrimony and administrative autonomy, under the Ministry of Justice, whose name or business name will be National Press of Colombia.
. OBJECTIVE OF COLOMBIA NATIONAL PRINTING. The purpose of the National Printing Office of Colombia, is the design, printing, dissemination, marketing and distribution of standards, documents, public policies, forms and publications of national entities that make up the branches of public power in Colombia, for the sake of editing ensure legal certainty.
You can also edit, design, print, disseminate, market and distribute the documents and graphic communication needs of national entities that make up the branches of government.
This does not mean that just as the National Press of Colombia to provide services to individuals or local authorities under the conditions and characteristics of the market. Effective Notes
ARTICLE 3. HOME. The main address of the National Printing Office of Colombia is the city of Bogota, DC
ARTICLE 4. FUNCTIONS. According to the object, they are functions of the National Printing Office of Colombia, the following:
1. Edit, print, publicize and market, as guarantor of legal certainty, standards, documents, publications and printed matter of national entities that make up the branches of government in Colombia.
2. Edit, print, publicize and market standards, documents, publications and printed local authorities, under the conditions and characteristics of the market.
3. Provide design services, publishing, printing, marketing and disclosure documents, and printed publications to individuals under the conditions and characteristics of the market.
4. Meet the requirements of goods and services of graphic communication of national, regional entities and individuals, under the conditions and characteristics of the market.
5. Directing, and print disclose the "Official Journal", publishing rules and administrative acts of state entities, in accordance with existing legislation.
6. Print and publish the Gazette of Congress, the Judicial Gazette, the Constitutional Gazette, the Annals of the State Council and other publications of the Judicial Branch.
7. Support the National Government in relation to the spread of acts, official documents, regulations, policies, plans, programs and projects, in the way they are requested.
8. Organize and manage file documents, diaries, journals, newsletters, brochures and other publications and elaborated in the National Press of Colombia for later reference and community information, using existing technology products.
9. Perform the marketing and distribution of products that generate, under the conditions determined for each case.
10. Use the most appropriate technological means to provide publishing services, publishing, printing, dissemination, marketing and other needs of graphic communication referred to this decree.
11. The others indicated in the applicable regulations and statutes.
PARÁGRAFO. For purposes of development and execution of the functions of the National Printing Office of Colombia they are seen as graphic communication needs managing corporate image and all means used to disseminate an institutional message or to transmit or communicate an institutional image, public policy, plans, programs, projects, campaign, concept or complete idea of the requesting entity and has been evaluated by it in its communication strategy.
The graphic communication comprises all those elements, media, and other materials capable of transmitting institutional or corporate messages visually, such as posters, banners, billboards, advertisements, office items, clothing, portable storage media information, institutional advertising materials, among others. Effective Notes
The 5th ITEM. OBLIGATION. Ministers, administrative departments, superintendents, Special Administrative Unit, National Public Establishments and Organisations Order of the Legislative and Judiciary Branches are required to hire their publications and printed articles dealing 2o. and 4o. of this Law with the National Printing Office of Colombia. When the National Printing Office of Colombia, in the work specified in paragraph 3o. of Article 4. of this Law, can not meet the requirements of the applicant, or it accredits previously with the respective contributions that the conditions of price and / or term in the private sector are more favorable, authorize to contract work with third parties. The process of collection accounts must be attached in such cases, the relevant certificate issued by the National Printing Office of Colombia. The entities referred to in this Law are also authorized to contract with third parties if the National Press of Colombia does not answer your request within ten (10) working days from the date of receipt of the respective application. Effective Notes
ARTICLE 6o. MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION. The National Press of Colombia will be managed by a Board of Directors and a General Manager, who authorized representative, will have the character of public employee and will be free appointment and removal of the President of the Republic.
ARTICLE 7. BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The Board shall be composed of the following members:
a) The Minister of Justice or his delegate, who will preside;
B) The Minister of Government or his delegate;
C) The Head of the Administrative Department of the Presidency of the Republic or his delegate;
D) The Minister of Education or his delegate;
E) A representative of workers;
F) Secretary General Senate;
G) Secretary General House.
Article 8. FUNCTIONS. The Board shall perform the following functions:
1. Formulate the general policy of the National Printing Office of Colombia, plans and programs, in accordance with the rules set out by the National Planning Department, should be proposed for incorporation into sectoral plans.
2. Monitor the implementation of the annual operational planning and ensure compliance with the goals of financial and physical investments.
3. Approve the annual budget of the National Printing and amendments as set forth in legal regulations.
4. Having hiring internal and external borrowing bound for the National Printing Office of Colombia and approve them in the amounts that are established.
5. Report to management general policies of production within which the activity of the company should develop.
6. Adopt internal bylaws, the organizational structure and the staffing of the National Printing Office of Colombia, stating the tasks that are required to comply with the objectives and plans of the Company.
7. Determine the wage scale and social benefits of workers of the National Press of Colombia.
8. General Manager delegate those functions it deems appropriate and point out that it can be delegated to other officials.
9. Authorize the acquisition of real estate, machinery or equipment required for meeting the target.
10. Set tariffs by way of publication in the "Official Journal" of the acts and contracts stipulated by law.
11. Regulate regarding the investment of capital resources; such investments may be made only up to a limit not affect the liquidity necessary for the fulfillment of the objectives of the Company.
12. The other functions provided by law, statutes and regulations.
Article 9. HERITAGE. The assets of the National Printing Office of Colombia, consists of:
1. All assets and resources corresponding to the Working Capital Fund of the National Printing Office Revolving Fund of the Ministry of Justice Division and by Decree 2160 of December 30, 1992, part of the heritage of the National Penitentiary and Prison Institute, INPEC, or Revolving Fund of the Ministry of Justice, as appropriate.
2. The collections from publication of acts and contracts in the "Official Journal", according to the rates established by the Board.
3. Revenues from the sale of their products and services.
4. All investments, cash deposits and rendimientosfinancieros that as a result of industrial and commercial operations carried out by the National Printing Office, is the name of the Revolving Fund of the Ministry of Justice - National Printing Division, under any name.
5. All movable and immovable property which are at the service of the current National Printing Division and it has acquired.
6. The debts and obligations contained in the name of the current National Press Division or the Revolving Fund of the Ministry of Justice has constituted for the development of the own operations of the National Press, now assigned to the INPEC.
7. Donations received by the Company by public entities or natural or legal persons in the country or abroad, with prior approval of the Board.
8. Ordinary or extraordinary contributions allocated annually in the national budget.
9. Other assets acquired or received any title.
ARTICLE 10. REPLACEMENT. The National Press of Colombia replace the Revolving Fund of the Ministry of Justice in contracts, processes and contractual agreements with the budget of the National Printing Division.
ARTICLE 11. STAFF REGULATIONS. People working in the service of the National Printing Office of Colombia have the character of official workers, except for the General Manager and enshrining the respective statutes to be performed by public employees.
ARTICLE 12. WAGE AND Benefit System. The wage and benefits conditions of public employees currently linked to the National Press Division of the Revolving Fund of the Ministry of Justice, shall be as determined by agreement of the Board, but in no case may weaken as a result of the application of the rules of this Law.
ARTICLE 13. LINKING. Employees of the date of enactment of this Act are paying to the National Printing Division of the Revolving Fund of the Ministry of Justice, merged their services in the INPEC, they should be incorporated seamlessly to the plant personnel is established to address the functions of the National Press of Colombia.
ARTICLE 14. BUDGET. The National Government is empowered to make adjustments, transfers and budgetary additions necessary to comply with the provisions of this Act.
Article 15. This Law governs from the date of its publication and repeals in pertinent provisions that are contrary.
The President of the honorable Senate of the Republic, JORGE RAMON ELIAS NADER
The Secretary of the honorable Senate,
PUMAREJO PEDRO VEGA.
The President of the honorable Chamber of Representatives, Francisco Jose Jattin SAFAR
The Secretary General of the honorable House of Representatives, DIEGO VIVAS TAFUR
Republic of Colombia - National Government
published and executed.
Given in Bogota, DC, 11 January 1994.
César Gaviria Trujillo Minister of Justice and Law, Andrés González Díaz