Act 78 of 1993 (October 19)
No.41.081 Official Journal of 19 October 1993.
Whereby the exercise of the profession of geographer is regulated and other provisions dictate
THE CONGRESS OF COLOMBIA DECREES:
ARTICLE 1o. For the purposes of this Act, it is defined as Geographer professional graduated from a university with a degree of identical names, on the upper level and also the professional related field with postgraduate studies in Geography, who received the title of Magister or Doctor, subject to compliance, in any case, of all the academic requirements by the Ministry of Education. PARAGRAPH 1.
. The Professional Association of Geographers, entity that is created by this Act, conceptuará where necessary, based on the curriculum of the race that is claimed related, on professions that can be considered related to the profession of geographer.
PARÁGRAFO TRANSIENT. For a period not exceeding two (2) years after the enactment of this Act they may be accepted and registered as professional geographers licen-ated in the Social Sciences and Geographers Engineering graduates in the country, who meet one of the following circumstances:
a) have practiced as university professors of Geography for not less than two (2) years or be author of books on the subject have been adopted as teaching texts.
B) Have received post-graduate training in Geographic Sciences for not less than one (1) academic year or have played investigatory and / or administrative functions of major responsibility in the geographical area for at least two (2) years .
. The recognition of graduate degrees of Master or Doctor in Geography obtained abroad shall comply with the equivalences to be determined by the Ministry of National Education, after evaluation of the Professional Association of Geographers.
ARTICLE 3. Public entities of the national, regional, departmental, district, metropolitan, provincial, municipal order and its decentralized entities, as well as the mixed nature are required to hire at least eighty percent (80%) of the personnel required for the work exclusive geographic profession among Colombian nationals legally registered in that profession.
PARÁGRAFO. To enable national Geographers assimilation of new working methods and technologies, foreign Geographers authorized to work in the country should have a Colombian Geographer as an assistant.
ARTICLE 4. The Professional Association of Geographers conceptuará on granting special temporary licenses for the exercise of the profession to foreigners when their competition is desirable or necessary, particularly in the case of items that are not practiced in the country or are scientific levels underdeveloped.
The 5th ITEM. The functions of the Professional Geographer, the following:
1. Participate in political, civic and community life of the country.
2. Promote the protection of cultural and natural resources.
3. Investigate, design, plan, monitor, control, supervise, implement and evaluate material works, projects and own studies of geographical science.
4. Exercise and advanced university professor in Geography.
5. Contribute to the scientific study of the complex Earth system in which they interact spatially human beings and their environment; for its basic inventory, understanding, planning and areal planning.
6. Advise the competent bodies involved in the investigation of problems related to geographical analysis.
7. Other established by law and regulations.
ARTICLE 6o. Create the Professional Association of Geographers, based in Bogota, composed of the following members and their alternates:
1. The Minister of Education or his delegate.
2. The Director of Codazzi or his delegate.
3. One (1) representative of the curricula of post-degree in geography, operating in the country, master's or doctoral level.
4. One (1) representative of the universities that grant the title of Geographer, duly recognized by the Ministry of Education.
5. One (1) representative of the Colombian Association of geographers HOSTS.
The members of the Professional Association of Geographers perform their functions ad honorem and their period shall be three (3) years.
PARÁGRAFO. Delegates designated by the Ministry of Education and the Director of Codazzi, must be registered professional geographers; the same quality must prove the other representatives.
ARTICLE 7. They are functions of the Professional Association of Geographers:
1. Dictate their own rules, set their rules for financing and organizing its Secretariat.
2. Define the minimum requirements for the issuance of Professional Registration Geographers within the framework of the Constitution and the law.
3. Issuing registration according to the regulations and take the professional register.
4. Set rights by issuing professional tuition and approve the budget investment of these funds.
5. Cancel enrollment who do not comply with the provisions of the Code of Professional Ethics, or at the request of competent authority.
6. Submit proposals to develop and promote science and technology and other cultural manifestations, to be included in the plans for economic and social development in the terms set out in Article 71 of the Constitution.
7. Promote the creation of Geographic Information Systems to support local and regional interpretation of the socio-geographical varieties by students in schools and colleges.
8. Ensure compliance with this Act and propose to the relevant authorities of the Government issues affecting the legal exercise of the profession of geographer.
9. The others that indicate the law and regulations.
Article 8. Hereby recognized the Professional Association of Geographers as a consultative technical body of the National Government for issues of labor character arising from the exercise of the geographical profession.
Article 9. Decisions of the Professional Association of Geographers may be appealed only by appeal lodged within five (5) days after disclosure. Solved it is exhausted administrative remedies, with the option of honorable interested to attend the Council of State, according to Decree No. 1 of 1984.
are repealed all provisions contrary to this Law, which governs from its sanction.
The President of the Senate of the Republic, JORGE RAMON ELIAS
The Secretary General of the Senate of the Republic,
PUMAREJO PEDRO VEGA.
The President of the Chamber of Representatives, Francisco Jose Jattin
The Secretary General of the Chamber of Representatives, DIEGO VIVAS
Republic of Colombia - National Government published and execute
Bogota, DC, nineteen (19)
October of in 1993 (1993)
|| César Gaviria Trujillo | The Minister of Finance and Public Credit, RUDOLF HOMMES
The Minister of National Education, Maruja Pachon