ACT 78 OF 1993
Official Journal No. 41,081 of 19 October 1993.
For which the exercise of the profession of Geograph is regulated and is
dictate other provisions
ARTICLE 1o. For the purposes of this Law, it is defined as Geograph the professional graduated by a university, with title of identical denomination, in higher level, and also the professional of the end area with postgraduate training in Geography, which has received the title of Master or Doctor, prior to the fulfilment, in any case, of all the academic requirements required by the Ministry of National Education.
PARAGRAFO 1o. The Professional College of Geographers, which is created by this Law, will conceptualize when necessary, based on the curricular content of the race that is claimed, on the professions which can be regarded as related to the profession of Geograph.
TRANSIENT PARAGRAPH. For a period not longer than two (2) years following the enactment of this Law, licensed and registered professional Geographers may be accepted and registered as professional Geographers. Engineers Geograph graduates in the country, who meet one of the following circumstances:
(a) Haber has been employed as a university teacher of Geography for no less than two (2) years or is the author of books of the subject which have been adopted as teaching texts.
b) Having received post-degree training in Geographic Sciences for no less than one (1) academic year or having performed investigative and/or administrative roles of prominent responsibility in the geographical field for at least two (2) years.
ARTICLE 2o. The recognition of Master's or Doctor's degrees in Geography obtained abroad shall be made in accordance with the equivalences to be determined by the Ministry of National Education, prior to Evaluation of the Professional College of Geographers.
ARTICLE 3o. Public entities of the national, regional, departmental, district, metropolitan, provincial, municipal, and decentralized entities, as well as mixed-character entities are obliged to to hire at least eighty percent (80%) of the staff required for the exclusive tasks of the geographical profession among Colombian nationals legally registered in that profession.
PARAGRAFO. To enable the national Geographers to assimilate new working methods and technologies, foreign Geographers authorized to work in the country must have a Colombian Geograph as an assistant.
ARTICLE 4. The Professional College of Geographers will conceptualize on the granting of special and temporary licenses for the exercise of the profession to foreigners, when their contest is convenient or necessary, particularly when it comes to specialties that are not practiced in the country or with undeveloped scientific levels.
ARTICLE 5o. These are the functions of the Professional Geograph, the following:
1. Participate in the political, civic and community life of the country.
2. Promote the protection of cultural and natural resources.
3. Research, project, plan, audit, control, monitor, execute and evaluate material works, projects and studies of geographic science.
4. To exercise university professorship and advanced in Geography.
5. Contribute to the scientific study of the complex terrestrial system in which human beings and their environment interact in spatial terms; for their basic inventory, their understanding, ordering and planning areal.
6. To advise the competent bodies involved in the investigation of problems related to the geographical analysis.
7. Others that point to laws and regulations.
ARTICLE 6o. Create the Professional College of Geographers, based in Santafe de Bogota, composed of the following members and their corresponding alternates:
1. The Minister of National Education or his delegate.
2. The Director of the Geographic Institute Agustin Codazzi or his delegate.
3. One (1) representative of the programs of post-degree studies in Geography, operating in the country, at the master's or doctorate level.
4. One (1) representative of the universities that grant the title of Geograph, duly recognized by the Ministry of National Education.
5. One (1) representative of the Colombian Association of Geographers-ACOGE.
The members of the Professional Geographers ' College will perform their duties ad honorem and their period will be three (3) years.
PARAGRAFO. The delegates designated by the Ministry of National Education and the Director of the Geographic Institute Agustin Codazzi, must be registered professional Geographers; the same quality must be accredited by the other representatives.
ARTICLE 7o. These are the functions of the Professional Geographers College:
1. To issue its own rules of procedure, to set its funding rules and to organise its secretariat.
2. Define the minimum requirements for the issue of the Professional Matriculation of Geographers within the framework of the Constitution and the Law.
3. To issue the registration in accordance with the regulations and to keep the corresponding professional registration.
4. Set the right to issue the Professional Matriculation and approve the investment budget of those funds.
5. Cancel the registration to those who do not comply with the provisions of the Code of Professional Ethics, or at the request of a competent authority.
6. To present proposals that develop and promote science and technology and other cultural manifestations, so that they are included in the economic and social development plans in the terms set out in Article 71 of the Constitution. Politics.
7. To promote the creation of Geographic Information Systems that support the local and regional interpretation of socio-geographical varieties by students from schools and schools.
8. To ensure compliance with this Law and to bring to the relevant authorities of the Government any problems affecting the legal exercise of the profession of Geographer.
9. The others that point to the law and regulations.
ARTICLE 8o. Recognizes the Professional College of Geographers as a technical advisory body of the National Government for questions of a labor nature that arise from the exercise of the geographic profession.
ARTICLE 9o. The decisions of the Professional Geographers ' College may only be challenged by means of replacement within the five (5) days following their communication. The latter is exhausted, with the option of the person concerned to go to the honorable State Council, in accordance with Decree No. 1 of 1984.
ARTICLE 10. All provisions contrary to this Law, which governs from its sanction, are hereby repealed.
The President of the Honorable Senate of the Republic,
JORGE RAMON ELIAS NADER.
The Secretary General of the Honorable Senate of the Republic,
PEDRO PUMAREJO VEGA.
The President of the Honorable House of Representatives,
JOSE JATTIN SAFAR.
The Secretary General of the Honorable House of Representatives,
DIEGO VIVAS TAFUR.
Republic of Colombia-National Government
Publish and execute
Santafe de Bogota, D.C., nineteen (19) de october
of a thousand nine hundred and ninety-three (1993)
CESAR GAVIRIA TRUJILLO
The Minister of Finance and Public Credit,
RUDOLF HOMMES RODRIGUEZ.
The Minister of National Education,
MARUJA PACHON DE VILLAMIZAR.
Provisions analyzed by the Legal Advance Casa Editorial Ltda. ©
"Laws since 1992-Expressed Effective and Constitutionality Sentences"
ISSN [1657-6241 (Online)]
Last Updated: September 23, 2016
The validity notes, concordances, editor's notes, form of presentation and disposition of the
compilation is protected by copyright rules. In relation to these values
In addition, it is prohibited by the current regulations to be used in publications
similar and for commercial purposes, including-but not only-copying, adaptation, transformation,
reproduction, use and mass disclosure, as well as any other use expressly prohibited by
the rules on copyright, which is contrary to the rules on promotion of the
competence or requiring express and written permission from the authors and/or holders of
the copyright. In case of doubt or request for authorization, you can contact the
617-0729 in Bogota, extension 101. The entry to the page assumes acceptance of the rules
The use of the information contained here.