law No. 387
LAW OF JULY 9, 2013
EVO MORALES AYMA
CONSTITUTIONAL PRESIDENT OF THE PLURINATIONAL STATE OF BOLIVIA
For the Plurinational Legislative Assembly, it has sanctioned The following Law:
THE PLURINATIONAL LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY,
D E C R E T A:
LAW OF THE EXERCISE OF THE LAW
EXERCISE OF LAW
Article 1. (OBJECT). This Law is intended to regulate the practice of law, and the registration and control
of lawyers and lawyers.
Article 2. (APPLICATION SCOPE). This Law applies to lawyers and lawyers in the exercise.
of the profession, within the territory of the Plurinational State of Bolivia.
Article 3. (SOCIAL FUNCTION). The practice of law is a social function at the service of the Society, of the
Law and Justice.
Article 4. (PRINCIPLES). The following are principles of law practice:
1. Independence. The exercise of the law, at all times, is exempt from any pressure or
external influence, alien to the law and to justice.
2. Suitability. The exercise of the law must at all times observe the capacity for the performance of its
functions, full and fair conduct.
3. Fidelity. The practice of law is governed by the obligation not to defraud the trust of the sponsored nor
to defend interests in conflict with those of that.
4. Loyalty. For which you must defend the interests of the sponsored person, as well as be truthful, without creating false
expectations or magnify the difficulties.
5. Freedom of Defense. The practice of law is free to prepare and develop the defense for all
the legal means permitted by law in favor of the sponsored person.
6. Confidentiality. The lawyer or lawyer must save the disclosures of the sponsored person for themselves.
7. Dignity. The lawyer or the lawyer must act according to the values inherent in the profession, refraining from
any behavior that would be an infringement of ethics or disrepute.
Article 5. (THE LAWYER AND THE LAWYER). The lawyers and lawyers are professionals who provide a
service to society in the public interest; they exercise their work under the principles laid down in this Law, through the advice and defense of rights and interests both public and private, through the application of legal science and technology.
Article 6. (exercise). To practice law in the territory of the Plurinational State of Bolivia requires:
1. Professional title of lawyer or lawyer.
2. Registration and registration at the Ministry of Justice.
3. Lawyers and lawyers will be subject to the control of professional practice through the Ministry of
Justice or Bar Colleges.
Article 7. (DISABLING AND IMPEDIMENTS).
I. Lawyers and lawyers are disabled to practice law for the following causes:
1. Special disablement as set out in the Criminal Code;
2. Declared interdiction declaratory; or,
3. Suspension by resolution executed for violations of ethics, in accordance with this Law.
II. The servant and public servant of a lawyer or lawyer, is prevented from sponsoring particular cases, except
the case of sponsorship in its own cause, that of its ascendants or descendants up to the fourth degree of consanguinity or second affinity.
RIGHTS AND DUTIES
Article 8. (RIGHTS). Lawyers and lawyers, in accordance with this Law, have the following
1. To exercise the profession in accordance with the legal order and this Law.
2. Be treated with respect and consideration in the exercise of the profession.
3. To receive professional fees, according to this Law.
4. To the inviolability of the verbal or written opinions issued in the professional exercise, before the
judicial or administrative authorities.
5. Not to be persecuted or persecuted, detained or detained or prosecuted or prosecuted, except the
case of the commission of a criminal act.
6. To the inviolability of your office, as well as documents or objects that have been entrusted to you by your
sponsored, except prior and express competent authority resolution.
7. To accept or reject the matters on which your sponsorship is requested, except in cases of appointment of a lawyer or a lawyer.
8. To offer their services as a specialist in a particular branch for the exercise of the profession in general.
9. Not to be excluded from benefits, guarantees and technical or employment information, due to whether or not they belong to
10. To strengthen your knowledge continuously.
11. To respect democratic principles in the schools to which you are affiliated.
12. To form civil societies, schools, foundations, or organize freely and voluntarily.
13. To waive the affiliation of a Bar, except pending process.
14. To membership of a Bar Association.
Article 9. (DUTIES). Lawyers and lawyers, in accordance with this Law, have the following duties:
1. Register and register with the Ministry of Justice.
2. Subject to the procedure for ethics violations.
3. Defend the interests of your sponsors with loyalty and efficiency.
4. To observe at all times an integral, honest, fair, dignified and respectful conduct of the legal system
5. Provide your services in a personal manner, unless justified impediment and acceptance by the person
6. To report acts contrary to the legal order of servants and servants, prosecutors, staff
of support, administrative or other professional lawyers, before the competent authorities.
7. Denounce the illegal practice of law.
8. Facilitate or promote reconciliation or other alternative means of conflict resolution when they are
foreseen by Law.
9. Save respect with the sponsored person, parties, servers and judicial, tax,
attorneys, or attorneys and third parties.
10. Inform the sponsored person about the issues of their interest, the state and progress of the cause.
11. To make known to the sponsor the relationships of friendship or kinship with the other party or authorities
jurisdictional or other circumstance, which is sufficient reason for the patronizing to dispense with its services.
12. Refrain from sponsoring a cause that was previously entrusted to another professional or other professional, except
death, resignation of the sponsor or sponsor or at the request of the judge's sponsor and authorization.
13. Keep professional secrecy, except in cases of your own protection, defense of the truth or if the
sponsored person authorizes your disclosure in an express way or court order.
14. Refuse to sponsor the contrary on the same cause.
15. Save the goods or documents that the sponsored person has delivered to you as an emergency of a
cause, as well as return them when you request it.
16. Do not dispose of the goods given in custody by the person under any cause or circumstance, except
with special and sufficient power. Do not acquire property of the sponsored person for himself or relatives or even with express authorization.
17. The lawyers and the lawyers recently graduated, will lend defense of their trade.
18. Submit to the control of the professional exercise, through the Ministry of Justice or the Colleges of
19. Record in any professional act the registration number issued by the Ministry of Justice.
20. The lawyer and lawyer must be updated permanently.
Article 10. (OFFER OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES). The information to the public intended to make
know the professional quality, will be limited to pointing out the services offered and the specialty of the lawyer or lawyer.
Article 11. (GRATUITOUSNESS AND DEFENSE OF TRADE).
I. Lawyers and practicing lawyers free from the profession, will be able to provide free care to people of scarce
II. The Ministry of Justice will send lists of lawyers and lawyers registered in the last year to the Judicial Branch,
for the designations of lawyers and lawyers of trade, to provide judicial assistance, in accordance with Law No. 025 of the Judicial Branch. They are exempt from such an obligation, who are in a dependency relationship.
REGISTRATION, REGISTRATION, AND COLLEGE OF LAWYERS
Article 12. (PUBLIC REGISTRATION). It is the function of the State for which a register of lawyers is established,
civil lawyers and societies, with the quality of a public document, for the exercise of law.
Article 13. (REGISTRATION).
I. The Ministry of Justice after the registration, in public and formal act, will grant a credential in which it will be signed
a unique number of registration.
II. In the case of civil societies, after compliance with the requirements set out in regulation, the Ministry of
Justice will grant the corresponding tuition.
III. The Public Registry and the Matriculation will be in charge of the Ministry of Justice, according to a regulation.
Article 14. (ATTRIBUTIONS). Under this Law, the Ministry of Justice has the following
1. Register and register lawyers and lawyers, and the Civil Society of Lawyers and Lawyers.
2. Appoint the members of the National Court of Ethics and the Departmental Courts of
Ethics of the Advocate, for the control of lawyers and lawyers who are not affiliated with any Bar Association.
3. To coordinate with the Lawyers and Lawyers ' Colleges, the actions referred to in compliance with this Law.
4. Ensure the correct professional practice of law.
5. Ensure transparent and timely compliance with ethics violations, as well as the
compliance with the sanctions imposed.
6. Establish and enforce sanctions for ethics violations, imposed in accordance with this Law.
7. Forward registration lists of lawyers and lawyers to the Judicial Branch, for the designation of lawyers and lawyers
on its own initiative.
8. Promote academic or research activities.
9. Manage own resources and those from the General Treasury of the Nation.
LAWYERS AND LAWYERS
Article 15. (FREE ASSOCIATION). Every lawyer and lawyer may join a Professional College, of the
same form, they will have the right to give up such affiliation, except pending process.
Article 16. (ORGANISATION PRECEPTS). Both the National College and the Department of Lawyers and Lawyers will be subject to the following organizational precepts.
1. The assembly of all its affiliates is its maximum decision.
2. The organization of its Directory and its different bodies will guarantee the principles of participation
democratic, established in the Political Constitution of the State.
3. The members of the Directories, representing the National College or the Department of Departmental Schools of
Lawyers and Lawyers, will not be able to carry out political-party activities, being liable to sanction for a serious violation of ethics.
Article 17. (STATUTES AND REGULATIONS). The organization, both from the National College and the
Department of Lawyers and Lawyers, will be governed by its own statutes and regulations.
Article 18. (PURPOSE). The Colleges shall conform to the compliance and control of the ethics
professional of the advocacy of their affiliates, and shall have academic or investigative purposes and defense of their affiliates within the framework of this Law.
Article 19. (AFFILIATION).
I. The Colleges may incorporate lawyers and lawyers who have procedural domicile in the department
with the sole presentation of the legalized copy of the credential issued by the Ministry of Justice and the
II. In no case shall the Colleges be able to incorporate lawyers or lawyers who are not previously registered and
enrolled in the Ministry of Justice.
Article 20. (COMMON PROVISION).
II. The Colleges of Lawyers and Lawyers may count on own and specific resources, from contributions
volunteers from their affiliates, donations or credits from national and international agencies.
NATIONAL COLLEGE LAWYERS AND LAWYERS
Article 21. (NATIONAL COLLEGE OF LAWYERS AND LAWYERS). It is the national organization that
coordinates the work of the Department of Lawyers and Lawyers; has full personality representative of the Departmental Colleges, as well as its affiliates, and has the city of La Peace.
Article 22. (ORGANIZATION).
I. The National Association of Lawyers and Lawyers is constituted by a National Board, which is its executive body and
will be made up of a collegiate body formed by Presidents and Presidents of the Departmental Colleges of Lawyers.
II. Each of the Presidents and Presidents of the Department of Lawyers and Lawyers, will assume
the presidency of the National College of Lawyers and Lawyers on a rotating basis.
III. The renewal of the composition of the National Directory will be held annually in a specifically convened meeting
for the effect, between the Presidents and the Presidents-in-Office of the Department of Lawyers and Lawyers.
Article 23. (FUNTIONS). The Directory of the National Bar and Lawyers has the following
1. Promote the academic strengthening of its affiliates, through the realization or sponsorship of courses,
seminars, conferences, talks and debates.
2. Represent, within their specific attributions to the lawyers and the affiliated lawyers in the territory of the Plurinational State of Bolivia.
3. Coordinate and contribute to the functions of the Ministry of Justice, according to this Law.
4. Promote the right exercise of the profession of its affiliates.
5. Approve their own statutes and regulations in accordance with this Law.
6. Ensure the social and economic well-being of the professional lawyer.
DEPARTMENTAL COLLEGES OF LAWYERS AND LAWYERS
Article 24. (DEPARTMENTAL COLLEGES OF LAWYERS AND LAWYERS).
Lawyers and Lawyers, those groups of professionals who are constituted and enjoy legal personality in public law according to Law. In each Department Capital there will be only one Bar and Bar Association.
Article 25. (ORGANIZATION).
I. The Department of Lawyers and Lawyers will be organized by a Board of Directors, which is
executive bodythe Departmental College, made up of a President, two Vice-Presidents and the Vocals to be considered necessary, according to its statutes and regulations.
II. The renewal of the Directory of the Department of Lawyers and Lawyers, will be every two (2) years
unextendable and can only be reelected for a single consecutive time.
Article 26. (FUNTIONS).
I. The Directory of the Department of Lawyers and Lawyers has the following functions:
1. To promote the academic strengthening of its members, through the realization or sponsorship of courses, seminars, lectures, talks and debates.
2. Represent, within their specific attributions, the attorneys and attorneys affiliated with the
3. Coordinate and contribute to the functions of the Ministry of Justice, according to this Law.
4. Promote the right exercise of the profession of its affiliates.
5. To propose to the Assembly statutes, regulations or amendments, in accordance with this Law.
6. Ensure the social and economic well-being of lawyers and lawyers.
7. Develop and disseminate the practice and knowledge of the science of law.
II. The Department of Lawyers and Lawyers will be able to generate instances of free legal assistance.
Article 27. (CIVIL SOCIETIES).
I. The lawyers or lawyers by means of an express agreement of public or private company or document, may exercise their
profession organizing Civil Societies, expressly designating the director or the director responsible for it, their regime
II. The Civil Society of Lawyers or Lawyers shall be required to register at the Ministry of Justice,
in accordance with this Law and its regulations.
DUTIES AND PROFESSIONAL HONORARIUM
Article 28. (TARIFFS).
I. The Ministry of Justice, through Ministerial Resolution, will approve every two (2) years the fee tariff
legal professionals for each Department, which will be published in a means of circulation
II. In the event that the lawyer or lawyer and his/her sponsor have not agreed to the professional honorarium, the
legal professional fees tariff will apply.
Article 29. (RETRIBUTION). The sponsorship, whether by litigation or by reconciliation or other alternative means of
conflict resolution, will have the same pay, regardless of the time spent.
Article 30. (FEE CLAIM). The lawyer or lawyer who is not satisfied in the payment of
his or her fees, may claim the payment to the judge or the judge or authority that dealt with the cause, according to the fees agreed or adjusted request to the professional tariff.
Article 31. (CHANGE OF SPONSORSHIP).
I. The lawyer or lawyer may not sponsor a cause that was entrusted to another lawyer or lawyer, except as
set forth in this Article.
II. The change of sponsorship will survive on death or waiver of the attorney or attorney who sponsored the cause or
request for the sponsored party and authorization, before the Judge or Judge who knows the cause.
III. The servers and judicial servers are prohibited from requiring any of the parties, the change authorization
of sponsorship or the certification not to owe fees.
PROCESSING ETHICS VIOLATIONS
GENERAL RULES AND COMPETENT AUTHORITIES
Article 32. (APPLICATION).
I. Lawyers and lawyers are responsible in the free exercise, public service, judicial, fiscal, or
administrative function of the profession, when they incur the ethics of the present Law, for processing before established instances.
II. The liability for ethics violations does not exempt criminal, civil, or administrative liability.
Article 33. (AUTHORITY).
I. The authorities that will substantiate and resolve the allegations against lawyers or lawyers for
ethics violations are as follows:
In the Ministry of Justice, lawyers and lawyers are not affiliated with any of the School of Lawyers and Lawyers:
a) Departmental Courts of Ethics of Lawyers and Lawyers; and
b) National Court of Ethics of the Advocate.
In the Colleges of Lawyers and Lawyers to their affiliates:
a) Courts Department of Honour of the Lawyers and Lawyers ' Colleges; and
b) National Court
II. The work of the Courts shall be subject exclusively to this Law and its regulations.
III. The authorities mentioned in this Article are independent in the performance of their functions.
Article 34. (DUTY OF COOPERATION).
I. The Ministry of Justice and the Department of Lawyers and Lawyers, have the duty of cooperation to
forward the allegations for ethics violations that do not correspond to their competencies.
II. The Ministry of Justice and the Lawyers and Lawyers ' Colleges must inform each other about the sanctions imposed on lawyers and lawyers.
Article 35. (NATIONAL COURT).
I. The National Court of Ethics of the Ministry of Justice, shall be composed of nine (9) members
holders and nine (9) alternates, appointed in accordance with the Rules of Procedure of this Law. They will perform their duties for the period of two (2) years.
II. The National Court of Honour of the Bar of Lawyers and Lawyers, will be made up of nine (9)
elected members in their assembly. They will perform their duties for the period of two (2) years.
III. The National Courts will know and resolve in second instance the appeals of the resolutions
of first instance, dictated by the Courts Departments of the Ministry of Justice and the Lawyers and Lawyers ' Colleges.
Article 36. (DEPARTMENTAL COURTS).
I. The departmental courts of the Ministry of Justice and the Department of Lawyers and Lawyers,
will be formed in proportion to the number of registered or affiliated. They will perform their duties for the period of two (2) years.
II. The Departmental Courts will know and resolve in the first instance the ethics violations, as foreseen by
Article 37. (REQUIREMENTS).
I. The members of the National and Departmental Courts of the Ministry of Justice and the Bar Association
and Lawyers, must meet the following requirements:
a) Have six (6) years of experience in the practice of law.
b) Not having a penalty executed for violations of the ethics of the law.
c) Having knowledge or experience in disciplinary or procedural matters, duly accredited.
d) Not counting on executed contract documents.
II. The performance of the functions of the members of the National and Departmental Courts will be honorary and will not receive any allowances or remuneration, with their operating expenses being covered according to regulations.
ETHICS AND SANCTIONS VIOLATIONS
Article 38. (INFRINGEMENT OF ETHICS). It is considered an infringement of ethics, any action or expected omission and
sanctioned in accordance with this Law.
Article 39. (CLASSIFICATION). Ethics violations are classified into:
3. Very serious.
Article 40. (MINOR INFRINGEMENTS). Constitute minor violations of lawyers and lawyers:
1. Do not promote or not favor reconciliation, when allowed.
2. Make false doctrinal or case-law citations that mislead judges or magistrates.
3. Offer their professional services through deceptive forms or early references on time or
result or by undermining the prestige of their colleagues.
4. Do not defend the interests or mandates of the sponsored person.
5. Do not respect the sponsored person, servants and legal servants, lawyers or lawyers, to the
parties or third parties.
6. Do not inform the sponsored person about the issues of their interest, status and progress of the cause.
7. Sponsor a cause that was previously entrusted to another professional or other professional, without the resignation of the
previous attorney or sponsor attorney or request for the sponsored and authorized judge of the judge who knows the cause, for the hiring of new sponsorship.
8. Do not register your professional address or your change to the Ministry of Justice within ninety
(90) days, if the law is being exercised individually or collectively.
9. Do not denounce acts manifestly contrary to the legal order of servants and servers
judicial, administrative personnel or other professionals.
10. Do not pay personal professional attention to your sponsored or do it through another, unless justified impediment or express acceptance of the sponsored.
11. Sponsor causes when in public function.
12. Do not attend, unjustifiably, an act designated by competent authority within a judicial process,
causing procrastination or injury to the sponsored person.
13. Do not give free care to people of limited economic resources, in accordance with the
Article 41. (SERIOUS INFRINGEMENTS). They constitute serious violations, the following:
1. The recidivism of a minor infraction, within the following three hundred and sixty-five (365) days.
2. Do not inform your sponsor of the relationship of friendship or kinship you have with the other party, prosecutor, judge or
3. Exercise influence over a judicial authority, public servant, or a particular public servant or staff,
in order to gain an illegitimate advantage for itself or a third party.
4. Allow the use of your signature by others or allow your name or signature to be used for
facilitating the illegal exercise of the profession.
5. Assist in a drunken or under-the-effect of controlled or toxic substances, to court hearings or
jurisdictional or administrative courts.
6. Encourage or participate in physical or verbal assaults in judicial or public service dependencies.
7. To retain or not to deliver goods or documents received under the entrusted management.
8. Do not ressave the goods or documents that the sponsored person has given you.
Article 42. (SERIOUS INFRINGEMENTS). They constitute very serious violations, the following:
1. Exercise the profession with suspension or special disablement sanction.
2. The recidivism of a severe foul, within the following three hundred and sixty-five (365) days.
3. Sponsor or advise opposing interests within the same cause.
4. Put your own interest before you sponsored or request or accept economic benefits from the opposing party.
5. Failure to comply with the penalty deposit issued for ethics violation.
6. Register for yes, or a third party, property of the person's litigation that would have sponsored.
7. Sponsor causes without registration and registration at the Ministry of Justice.
8. Charging fees beyond the agreed upon.
9. Conduct party political activities on behalf of the Bar in its capacity as a member of the
Article 43. (SANTIONS). The penalties will be as follows:
1. Minor Violations. Call for attention and pecuniary fine of one (1) national minimum wage.
2. Serious violations. Temporary suspension of one (1) to twelve (12) months and fine of two (2) to six (6) wages
3. Serious infractions. Temporary suspension of one (1) year to two (2) years and fine of six (6) minimum wages
Article 44. (PRESCRIPTION).
I. The prescription regimen operates in the following order:
1. In six (6) months for minor infractions.
2. In one (1) year for serious violations.
3. In two (2) years for very serious infractions.
II. The periods of the prescription will be computable from the day of the commission of the infringement or from the day that ceased its
III. The limitation period will be interrupted by the complaint being filed against the lawyer or lawyer.
Article 45. (PERIOD). The action for violations is operated, if it has been abandoned for more than six (6) months.
Article 46. (BACKGROUND REMISSION). Any judicial or administrative authority that sanctions
a lawyer or lawyer in the professional exercise, who has committed a crime or an offence to ethics in his capacity as a magistrate, judge, prosecutor or as a free professional, forward the workers, the resolution or sanction imposed to the Ministry of Justice and the respective College, to be incorporated into their personal file.
Article 47. (COMPLAINT).
I. The procedure for ethics violations shall be initiated by written or verbal complaint recorded in the minutes, filed by
any person with legitimate or professional interest before the Ministry of Justice or the Departmental Schools of Lawyers and Lawyers.
II. The complaint shall contain a circumstantial and clear statement of the fact, the name and address of the lawyer's office
or the lawyer, or the procedural address known to him, and shall be accompanied or Note the evidence supporting the complaint.
Article 48. (RECONCILIATION). The parties may reconcile up to before the issue of the first
instance, with res judicata effects.
Article 49. (SUMMARY).
I. The complaint, the Departmental Courts of the Ministry of Justice and the Bar Association and
Lawyers, within three (3) working days, will pronounce a self-opening or self-denial of the denunciation.
II. With the complaint and the self-opening self-opening will be quoted to the or the denounced to answer within three (3)
working days plus the term of the distance. In the answer you will set your procedural address and may make exceptions under this Law.
III. With or without response, a probative term of ten (10) business days will be opened.
IV. The probative period will be concluded, the closing order will be issued with which the parties will be notified, time from the
which will be computed by the deadline to dictate the summary resolution of the first instance.
V. The Courts Departmental of the Ministry of Justice and of the Colleges of Lawyers and Lawyers, will dictate
summary resolution of first instance within a period not greater than five (5) working days, declaring proven or proven the denunciation.
Article 50. (APPEAL APPEAL).
I. The appeal will proceed against the first instance resolution. The person complained of or the complainant
may submit an appeal to the court which issued the decision of first instance, based on the grievances, within the period of three (3) working days of its application. notification with the first instance resolution.
II. The Departmental Courts of the Ministry of Justice and the Lawyers and Lawyers ' Colleges, shall grant the appeal in the suspensory effect and shall forward the background to the National Court that corresponds, within two (2) days
III. The National Court of Ethics of the Ministry of Justice and the National Court of Honour of the Law of the Colleges
of Lawyers and Lawyers, may open a new test term of up to ten (10) working days after its root. This term will be passed to the Court of Appeal for resolution.
Article 51. (FINAL RESOLUTION).
I. The National Court of Ethics of the Ministry of Justice and The National Court of Honour of the Advocate of
the Colleges of Lawyers and Lawyers, will issue final resolution of the second instance within ten (10) days
II. The final second instance resolution may be total or partial confirmatory, full or partial recall, or nullable,
without further resource.
III. If any evidence of wrongdoing has been established, at the request of a party or of its own office, the Ethics Tribunal of the Ministry of Justice or the Bar and Lawyers shall transmit a record to the Public Ministry.
Article 52. (CLARIFICATION OR AMENDMENT).
I. Notified the first or second instance resolution, may not be altered or modified by the Court; without
however, within 24 hours, it may at the request of either party to clarify the obscure or doubtful points, save the omissions and amend the copy errors, referring to the numeric calculation that appeared in the resolution.
II. The National Court of Ethics of the Advocate of the Ministry of Justice shall decide within three (3) days
working days of the request for clarification or amendment; whereas the Courts of Honour of the Advocate Lawyers and Lawyers ' colleges will be unexcused in their next full room, in accordance with regulations.
Article 53. (NOTIFICATIONS).
I. The notification shall be personal, per cedula or by edict, in accordance with Law.
II. Other actions shall be notified to the parties at their appointed procedural address. If the or the reported does not
answer or do not set a procedural address, you will be notified on the board of the relevant Court.
III. The notification by electronic means of communication, may be sent by fax or to the The email address
of the registered professional, if previously and in writing in his/her person, he/she has agreed to be notified in this way. In these cases the date of your submitted report will be proof of the act.
Article 54. (ORIGIN OF INCIDENTS OR EXCEPTIONS).
I. The procedure will only support the following exceptions: The action prescription, res judicata or eximents of
liability, whose pronouncement will be issued in resolution.
II. Not supported incidents that tend to dilate the process and other procedural resources that do not
are provided for in this Law are not applicable.
Article 55. (ENFORCEMENT OF SANCTIONS).
Department of Lawyers and Lawyers.
II. The fines will be deposited in the accounts of the The Ministry of Justice and the Departmental Colleges of Lawyers and
Lawyers, as appropriate, within the time limit of thirty (30) calendar days from the notification with the execution of the resolution. In case of non-compliance they will be enforceable by the appropriate court.
III. The sanctions of suspension, in case the lawyer or the lawyer is not in breach of it, will be liable to the
criminal action for the
suspension of the practice of law will be brought to the official knowledge of the Plurinational Constitutional Court, Supreme Court of Justice, Agro-Environmental Court, Council of the Magistrate, Prosecutor General of the State, the nine Departmental Courts of Justice and the nine Departmental Fiscalis.
V. When the Courts of the Ministry of Justice sanction lawyers or lawyers, it will transmit the information of
the sanction to the College of Lawyers and Lawyers that corresponds, and vice versa.
Article 56. (ECONOMIC RESOURCES). The Ministry of Economy and Public Finance is authorized to assign
the budget and to make transfers of the necessary resources to the Ministry of Justice, for the implementation of this Law, according to the availability of resources.
Article 57. (SOURCES OF FUNDING).
I. For compliance with this Law, the Ministry of Justice will have the following sources of financing:
1. Specific own resources, from the exercise of their activities.
2. Annual budget allocations from the General Treasury of the Nation.
3. Donations or credits from national and international agencies.
II. The Ministry of Justice will approve the amounts to be deposited by the
and lawyers ' registration and credential replacement concept, as well as the registration and updating of Civil Societies, which will be exclusively intended for compliance with this Law, according to a regulation.
I. The processes already initiated will conclude with the previous disciplinary regime, the processes to be initiated will be subject to the
provided by this Law.
II. They will continue to be processed by the Previous disciplinary proceedings, as well as the
interposed challenges, keeping the deadlines that began to run.
SECOND. Lawyers and lawyers who have not registered with the Ministry of Justice and have
license plates issued by the Bar Association will be valid for the duration of the period for registration with the Ministry of Justice.
I. The deadline for the formation of the Courts of the Ministry of Justice is six (6) months, starting with the enactment
of this Law.
II. Until the Courts of the Ministry of Justice are formed Justice, complaints for violations committed, by
lawyers and lawyers, may be filed with the Ministry of Justice or the Bar and Lawyers.
III. If the lawyer or lawyer is not affiliated with the Where the complaint is lodged, the complaint shall be forwardedthe
to the Ministry of Justice, When the Courts of this Ministry are constituted.
FOURTH. The lawyers and lawyers who have not registered and registered with the Ministry of Justice,
will have two (2) years to do so, starting from the enactment of this Law.
QUINTA. The Colleges of Lawyers and Lawyers, with legal personality recognized before the enactment
of this Law, shall adapt their statutes and regulations to the provisions of this Law, within the maximum period of one (1) year.
SIXTH. The limitation period of the prescription is suspended until the Courts of Ethics of the Advocate of the
Ministry of Justice are constituted.
FIRST. The Executive Body, by means of a Supreme Decree, will regulate this Law in the period of
ninety (90) calendar days, computable from its enactment.
SECOND. The license plates extended by the Office of the Public Registry of Lawyers, dependent of the
Ministry of Justice, prior to the publication of this Law, will remain in full force.
OPENING and REPEAL
I. The following provisions are opened:
1. Supreme Decree No. 29783 of 12 November 2008.
2. Supreme Decree No. 26084 of 23 February 2001.
3. Supreme Decree No. 26052 of 19 January 2001.
4. Supreme Decree No 11782 of 12 September 1974.
5. Supreme Decree No 19845 of 17 October 1983.
6. Law of December 8, 1941, which raises to the rank of Law the Supreme Decree of the Organic Statute for the
exercise of the law, of January 18, 1938.
II. All provisions contrary to this Law shall be abrogated and repealed.
Remit to the Executive Body for constitutional purposes.
It is given in the Session Room of the Plurinational Legislative Assembly, five days a month. July of the year
two thousand thirteen.
Fdo. Lilly Gabriela Montano Viana, Betty Asunta Tejada Soruco, Claudia Jimena Torres Chavez, Marcelina
Chavez Salazar, Marcelo Elio Chavez, Angel David Cortez Villegas.
Therefore, it is enacted to have and comply with the Law of the Plurinational State of Bolivia.
Palace of Government of the city of La Paz, nine days of the month of July of the year two thousand thirteen.
FDO. EVO MORALES AYMA, Juan Ramon Quintana Taborga, Luis Alberto Arce Catacora, Cecilia Luisa
Ayllon Quinteros, Amanda Davila Torres.