Read the untranslated law here: http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/cgi/article_body.pl?numac=2014015215&caller=list&article_lang=F&row_id=500&numero=503&pub_date=2014-10-24&dt=LOI&language=fr&fr=f&choix1=ET&choix2=ET&fromtab=+moftxt&trier=publication&sql=dt+=+'LOI'&tri=pd+AS+RANK+
Posted the: 2014-10-24 Numac: 2014015215 Foreign Affairs, external trade and development COOPERATION FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE June 29, 2014. -Law concerning consent to the agreement between the Kingdom of Belgium and the United Nations Industrial Development on the establishment in Belgium of a liaison office of this organization, done at Brussels on February 20, 2006 (1) (2) PHILIPPE, King of the Belgians, to all, present and future, hi.
The Chambers have adopted and we endorse the following: Article 1. This Act regulates a matter referred to in article 77 of the Constitution.
2. the agreement between the Kingdom of Belgium and the Organization of the United Nations Industrial Development on the establishment in Belgium of a liaison office of this organization, done at Brussels on 20 February 2006, will release its full and complete effect.
S. 3. this Act has effect on February 20, 2006.
Promulgate this Act, order that it self under the seal of the State and published by le Moniteur.
Given in Brussels on June 29, 2014.
PHILIPPE by the King: the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, D. REYNDERS.
The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, Ms. J. MILQUET. the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Social Affairs and public health, Ms. L. ONKELINX. the Minister of Justice, Ms. A. TURTELBOOM. the Minister of Cooperation for development, p..
Lady the Minister of finance, K. GARG sealed with the seal of the State: the Minister of Justice, Ms. A. TURTELBOOM (1) Senate (www.senate.be): Documents: 5-2791 - annals of the Senate: 2014-04-03.
House of representatives (www.lachambre.be): Documents: 53-3543 - full report: 2014-04-23.
(2) effective date: 10/07/2014.
AGREEMENT between the Kingdom of Belgium and the Organization of the United NATIONS for industrial development on the establishment in Belgium of a BUREAU DE LIAISON of this organization Belgium, hereinafter referred to as "Belgium", and the United NATIONS industrial development organization, hereinafter referred to as "UNIDO", whereas the Constitution of the United Nations for development industrial (with Annexes), concluded in Vienna on 8 April 1979;
Considering that UNIDO wishes to open a Liaison Office in Brussels (hereinafter referred to as "the Bureau");
Whereas the Convention on the privileges and immunities of the specialized agencies of 21 November 1947 (hereinafter referred to as "the Convention");
Whereas it is necessary to make provision in specific, complementary to the provisions of the Convention on the privileges and immunities which the Office can benefit on Belgian territory;
Desiring to conclude, for this purpose, a supplementary agreement to the Convention;
Have agreed as follows: Article 1 1. The Director of the Office enjoys the privileges and immunities granted to members of the diplomatic staff of diplomatic missions. The spouse and minor children, dependants of the Director and living in his home, enjoy status recognized to the spouse and minor children, dependents of diplomatic personnel.
2. without prejudice to article VI, section 19 of the Convention, the provisions of the first paragraph shall not apply to Belgian nationals.
Article 2 1. UNIDO officials assigned to Office benefit from the exemption from all taxes on salaries, emoluments and allowances which they are paid by UNIDO.
2 "official" means any person covered by the statutory rules of UNIDO, employed within the mission of this Organization for a minimum period of one year.
3. the exemptions of taxes referred to in § 1 of this article do not apply to pensions and annuities paid by UNIDO in Belgium to his elders and civil servants or their designees.
Section 3(1). Without prejudice to the obligations arising for Belgium from the provisions of the treaties concerning the European Union and the implementation of legal and regulatory provisions, UNIDO officials assigned to Office shall have the right, during the period of twelve months following their first assumption of office in Belgium, to import or acquire, exemption from the import duties and value added tax chattels furniture and a car for their personal use.
2. the Minister of Finance of the Belgian Government set the limits and conditions for the application of this article.
3. the Belgium is not obliged to grant its own nationals or permanent residents the advantages referred to in § 1 of this article.
Article 4 the Office and its staff will comply with laws and Belgian regulations, particularly with regard to liability insurance with regard to traffic. The Office maintains appropriate coverage insurance of civil liability for vehicles used in Belgium.
Article 5 the Belgian Government facilitates, in respect of Belgian and international regulations, the entry and residence in Belgium of persons invited by the Office for official purposes, as well as their departure from the country.
Article 6 1. The Belgium and UNIDO declare their common intention to their insured to guarantee a high level of social protection.
2. the UNIDO staff members assigned to the Office exercising in Belgium any other occupation-lucrative nature that required by their functions are opting either for the affiliation to the social security schemes applicable to officials of the headquarters of UNIDO under the rules of these regimes, either for the affiliation to the Belgian scheme of social security for workers.
3. UNIDO is committed to ensuring its staff office in Belgium who are affiliated to the social security schemes operated by UNIDO of the benefits equivalent to those provided for under the Belgian scheme of social security, in compliance with the guarantees recognized in Belgium, concerning the free choice of practitioner, freedom therapeutic medical confidentiality and care providers.
4. persons engaged by the Office who are not employees within the meaning of Article 2.2 will be affiliated to the Belgian social security system.
5. the Belgium may obtain reimbursement of the costs occasioned by any social assistance would be required to provide UNIDO officials assigned to the Office who are affiliated to the social security schemes applicable to officials of the UNIDO Office.
Article 7 the provisions of this agreement do not prejudice the provisions of the Convention.
Article 8 each Party shall notify to the other the completion of the procedures required for the entry into force of this agreement.
IN witness whereof, the respective Plenipotentiaries have signed this agreement.
DONE at Brussels, 20 February 2006, in three copies, in English, French and Dutch, the three texts being equally authentic. In case of divergence of interpretation between the texts, the English text shall prevail.
Search Translated Laws of Belgium