68. Federal law modifying the law on external legal relations of the cast Church in Austria
The National Council has decided:
The Federal law on external legal relations of the cast Church in Austria BGBl. No. 229/1967, as last amended by the Federal Ministry of law 2007, Federal Law Gazette I no. 6/2007, is amended as follows:
1. According to article 1, the following paragraph 1a is. inserted:
section 1a. (1) effectiveness for the State sector is an Orthodox bishops ' Conference, is a member at least one representative of the dioceses recognized by this federal law under the chairmanship of the Metropolitan of Austria.
(2) the tasks of the Orthodox Episcopal Conference include in particular:
1. coordination of the teaching of religion in the sense of the religious education Act, Federal Law Gazette No. 190/1949, in its up-to-date version, 2. the ecclesiastical review right in the meaning of § 14 of the Federal Act, Federal Law Gazette No. 182/1961, on external legal relationships in the Evangelical Church, 3. an opinion against the Federal Minister for education, art and culture before the recognition of Orthodox institutions for this federal law.
2. in section II, the following section IIa is inserted:
Section IIa - establishment of new dioceses and order of the institutions
section 3a. (1) the Federal Minister for education, art and culture is to make manifest the establishment of a diocese in the Federal Law Gazette at the request of the Patriarchate, if
1. in Austria are at least two parishes for which according to Church law a diocese was established, 2. the Bishop of this diocese or seat whose Vertreters is in the episcopate in Austria and 3 by statutes of the diocese approved the ecclesiastical authority.
(2) with the by-laws, the diocese attained the position of a public law Corporation.
§ 3 b If a diocese, has this future statutes and amendments, as well as those of their parishes to submit the Federal Ministry for education, arts and culture for approval.
§ 3c. Are the prerequisites for the establishment of a diocese is omitted, the resolution of the diocese in the Federal Law Gazette is published.
section 3d. (1) within a church parishes without legal personality can be set with the consent of the respective diocese own asset management can be transferred it by decision of the parish for their area.
(2) in the case of the transfer of power of Attorney is to determine this comes to what officials.
(3) this decision is the education agency I. instance of the respective federal province, in which the parish is located, to display.
3. in article 7 (1), the phrase "for dioceses to section IIa," inserted after the words "Metropolis of Austria".