131. Federal law, which changes the media law
The National Council has decided:
Amendment to the Media Act
The Federal law on the press and other news media (media law Media Act), Federal Law Gazette No. 314/1981, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 8/2009 is amended as follows:
1. paragraph 25:
Section 25 (1) the owner of each periodic medium has to publish the information referred to in paragraph 2 to 4. In periodic media works is to know at what Web address, this information is always easy and immediately found in the imprint also or this information each attaching the medium. Radio and television programs are all this information constantly on an easily searchable teletext page to make available or to be published in the official journal of the "Wiener Zeitung" within one month after the beginning of the broadcast and the first month of each calendar year. On a Web site, this information is constantly available to easily and immediately searchable. Recurring electronic media is either to indicate under which Web address, this information is always easy and immediately found, or this information each attaching the medium. Is Z the media owner to a service provider within the meaning of § 3 2 ECG, Federal Law Gazette I no. 152/2001, so the information can be provided ECG disclosure together with the information on article 5.
(2) specify also, whose members are the media owner with name or company, business, place of residence or Office (branch) and the name of the authorized organs of the media owner, in the case of the existence of a supervisory board. In addition, the respective proprietary are for all the persons involved directly or indirectly in a media owner to specify participation, proportion, and voting. In addition, any silent partnerships at the media owner and that are directly or indirectly within the meaning of the preceding sentence persons involved to specify and to disclose trust relationships for each level. In the case of direct or indirect involvement by foundations, also the donors and the beneficiaries of the Foundation must be disclosed. The media owner is a club or a club in the media owner is involved, directly or indirectly its Executive Committee and of the purpose of the Association is to provide are for the Club. Persons directly or indirectly involved, trustor, donor and beneficiary of a Foundation shall tell it the information necessary to comply with its disclosure obligation following a request by the media owner.
(3) a person to be under the foregoing provisions is at the same time holder of another media company or media service, the company, the object of the company and this company's headquarters must be carried on.
(4) to publish a statement on the fundamental direction of periodical printing plant (leaf line) or else a periodic medium is also. Within the meaning of article 2, the amendments and supplements to the basic direction will not take effect as soon as they are published.
(5) for a medium within the meaning of § 1 para 1, no. 5a lit. to influence public opinion formation, b, c, which has none on the appearance of the personal life section or the presentation of the media owner and beyond information content that is suitable, only the name or the company, if necessary, the corporate object, and the residence or the seat of the media owner shall be indicated. Paragraph 3 and 4 do not apply to such media."
2. in article 27, paragraph 1, the number '2 180"by the number"20 000"is replaced.
3. § 55 the following paragraph 7 is added:
"(7) I will take no. 131/2011 section 25 and section 27 as amended by Federal Law Gazette 1 July 2012 effect."