56. Regulation of the Federal Minister for health as regards closer provisions on animal welfare-compliant training of dogs
On the basis of sections 2, 14, 24 para 1 No. of 2 and 24 para 3 of the Federal Act on the protection of animals (animal welfare act - ed.), Federal Law Gazette I no 118/2004 article 2, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 80/2010, is prescribed:
Scope of application
§ 1. This regulation is to apply to the education of all dogs. Exceptions to this are service dogs in the sense of § 1 of the service dogs training regulation, Federal Law Gazette II No. 494/2004.
(2) the personal conditions for the practice of a trade that has the education and behavior training of dogs to the subject, are based on the provisions of the commercial code in 1994.
Principles of dog training
2. (1) the training of the dog must be welfare-compliant. It is in particular to take into account that no measures be applied, which are covered by the prohibition of animal cruelty in accordance with § 5 ed..
(2) in the case of the training of the dog is to emphasize, that
1. a good social behavior of dogs to people and other dogs and a suitable adaptation to their living and training environment promote, 2. training is age-appropriate and the physical facilities and learning conditions of the dog, 3. breed-specific properties and adequately dealt with individual properties of the dog.
(3) in the case of the training of the dog, it is sure that it relies on the basics of learning theoretical knowledge and preference against aversive methods is given to methods of positive motivation.
Requirements for people who train dogs
3. (1) educate people, the dogs, must
1. the principles of article 2 adhere, 2. authorized capital and suitable for breeding in accordance with § 12 ed. 3. be reliable.
(2) who trains dogs, without meet the requirements referred to in paragraph 1, ed. commits an administrative offence pursuant to article 38, paragraph 3.
§ 4 (1) reliability in the sense of § 3 para 1 No. 3 never occurs when a person legally sentenced nasty behaviour by a court or an administrative authority or been punished or the public prosecutor's Office on the basis of diversioneller measures (section 198 StPO) is withdrawn by the prosecution.
(2) as these requirements do not exist, if a person is legally convicted of an intentional crime or offence against life and limb.
"Animal welfare-qualified dog trainer" or "Tierschutzqualifizierter dog trainer"
Requirements for animal welfare-qualified dog trainer or animal welfare-qualified dog trainer
§ 5 (1) as "Tierschutzqualifizierte dog trainer" or "Tierschutzqualifizierter dog trainer" must be only such persons call, in addition to the requirements of articles 3 and 4
1. the necessary qualifications pursuant to section 6 can prove and the examination in accordance with article 6, paragraph 1 Z 2 positive have completed 2 in.
(2) a seal of approval, which they characterized as "Animal welfare-qualified", can be issued dog trainers and dog trainers if the requirements referred to in paragraph 1 are met.
Requirements for animal welfare-qualified dog trainer or animal welfare-qualified dog trainer
Section 6 (1) has the education and training to include at least the following:
1. at least two years experience in working with dogs according to the principles of article 2.
2. drop an examination, which has the training contents according to § 7 content, consists of a theoretical and a practical part and together carried off by a Committee in accordance with paragraph 3. In the practical part, solutions must be provided in at least four different training situations.
3. mandatory training of at least 40 hours within two calendar years, which on the one hand offers a repetition and deepening the training contents according to § 7, and on the other hand training.
(2) the certificate of qualification in the sense of § 5 para 1 subpara 1 is considered met if the dog trainer or dog trainer
1 complies with ABS 1 Z 1 and 2 positive has completed the examination referred to in paragraph 1 Z 2.
(3) the examination Board has to three experts, namely:
1. a researcher or a scientist in one or more areas in accordance with article 7, paragraph 1 Z 10 and 14 operates, 2. a dog trainer or a dog trainer with animal welfare expertise and experience in the education and training of dog trainers and dog trainers and 3 a person with specialist in-depth knowledge of animal welfare and veterinary or behaviour biological knowledge.
Section 7 (1) for the qualification as "Tierschutzqualifizierte dog trainer" or as "Tierschutzqualifizierter dog trainer" the basic fundamentals in the following substantive areas must be proven at least:
1. animal welfare-friendly methods of education and welfare issues of dog training, knowledge and application of animal welfare-friendly training methods, animal welfare relevance of education methods and tools;
2. learning behavior of dogs and Lernmethodik, learning theory of classical conditioning and operanter conditioning as well as cognitive and social learning in dogs;
3. expression behavior of dogs, communication behavior of dogs against conspecifics, as well as people to certain moods (especially anxiety, stress, appeasement, Defense) and breed-specific differences;
4. nature and behavior of dogs, social behavior, type found behavior of dogs in normal situations versus conflict situations, being - and temperament assessment, social order and resource control in dogs;
5. anxiety and aggression behavior causes and emergence of ornithologists and defensive behavior as well as anxiety and aggression avoidance in everyday life and the dog training;
6 stress in dogs, neurophysiology of stress events, actions to prevent stress and stress management, effects of stress in everyday life and in dog training;
7 customer of breed and breed-specific behavior: history of individual breeds and their aptitudes, individual and breed-specific differences in behavior;
8 Sub-Committee attitude and living with the dog: species-appropriate and breed-specific requirements for housing, feeding, care and usage of the dog, questions of cohabitation between dog and humans in everyday life.
9 breeding and breeding of dogs, basics of dog breeding, puppy development and socialization phases, puppy-friendly learning and requirements for "Puppy schools";
10 ethology of the dog, evolution and history of the dog, evolution of behaviors; motor, sensory, and cognitive abilities of the dog;
11 law, animal rights, legal issues of dog ownership;
12 veterinary fundamentals, diseases of the musculoskeletal system, vaccinations, common diseases and genetic disorders, genetics and Anatomy, first aid for the dog;
13 communication and didactics, basics of communication and rhetoric, arranging of educational content and development of training tasks; ethical questions of dog training;
14 human-animal relationship, basics of the human-animal relationship in General and of the human-dog relationship in particular, communication human dog, sources of danger and avoidance;
15 dog sports, divisions of dog sports and other forms of employment of dogs including their training requirements, animal welfare issues in the various divisions/training processes.
(2) the applicable curricula together with explanatory notes issued by the Federal Minister and the Federal Minister of health on the homepage of the Federal Ministry of health.
§ 8 (1) with the award of the label "Tierschutzqualifizierte dog trainer" or "Tierschutzqualifizierter dog trainer" is charged a coordination the Federal Minister and the Federal Minister of health. There is no legal entitlement to a contract. Discontinuation of the conditions, the withdrawal of the assignment is carried out.
(2) the coordinating body has relevant scientific experience to have that contains scientific technical expertise, independent experts and experts in the following areas:
1. law (in particular animal welfare legislation), 2 behavioural biology, 3 learning biology and cognitive science, 4. veterinary medicine.
(3) the coordinating body is entitled to give the seal of approval "Tierschutzqualifizierte dog trainer" or "Tierschutzqualifizierter dog trainer", if the applicant or the applicant of sections 5 and 6 meet the requirements on request. For this purpose, it concludes a contract with the dog trainer searchers to the seal or the dog trainer searchers to the seal. The NSS also decides the permission to continue, as well as the withdrawal of the label.
§ 9 (1) of the coordination centre is:
1. the determination of the modules, 2. establishing the administrative agendas, 3. review the admission requirements for the examination in accordance with article 6, as well as conducting the examination, 4. review the training, 5. the award of the label, whose continuation and withdrawing, 6.
the maintenance of a register of accredited to and approved off label and the publication of the granting and withdrawing of the quality seal on the homepage of the coordination centre, 7 the registration of the trade mark "Tierschutzqualifizierte dog trainer" or "Tierschutzqualifizierter dog trainer" in the register of trade marks in accordance with the provisions of the trademark law 1970, BGBl. No. 260/1970, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 126/2009.
(2) the NSS has guidelines regarding
1. details on the design of the label "Tierschutzqualifizierte dog trainer" or "Tierschutzqualifizierter dog trainer", 2. details about the conduct of the examination, 3. details of on spot checks, establishing 4. expenses borne and 5 the continuation and withdrawing of the label.
Approval of guidelines
§ 10. The directives set out in § 9 para 2 are to work out within three months after commissioning of the coordination and to provide the Minister and the Federal Minister of health for approval. After approval, the rules are immediately on the home page of the NSS to publish. Any change in the guidelines is approved by the Federal Minister and the Federal Minister of health.
Management of the quality seal
§ 11 (1) is the seal of quality "Tierschutzqualifizierte dog trainer" or "Tierschutzqualifizierter dog trainer" to give no. 2 from the support service at the request of dog trainer or dog trainer after successfully testing in accordance with article 6, paragraph 1 if the other requirements are fulfilled. It must be done from the date of the ceremony.
(2) the seal of approval "Tierschutzqualifizierte dog trainer" or "Tierschutzqualifizierter dog trainer" may be continued, if
1 proof of continuing education pursuant to § 6 paragraph 1 provided Z 3, 2. no withdrawal reason and 3rd the ceremony is no longer than four years back or a request for continuation of the label will be three months before the expiration of date.
§ 12. This Regulation shall enter into force 1 April 2012, but not before the end of the day of its publication in the Gazette.