138. Regulation of the Federal Minister of economy, family and youth, which sets the introduction of smart meters (smart meters introduction regulation IME-VO)
On the basis of § 83 para 1 of the electricity economic and Organization Act 2010 (ElWOG 2010), Federal Law Gazette I no. 110/2010, is prescribed:
Introduction of Intelligent measuring devices ("smart meters")
1. (1) every operator pursuant to § 7 paragraph 1 Z 51 ElWOG 2010 has 1 until end 2015 at least 10 per cent, 2. until end of 2017 at least 70 per cent and, 3.
in the context of technical feasibility by end 2019 at least 95 per cent of counting points connected to its network as intelligent instruments (article 7, paragraph 1 Z 31 ElWOG 2010) according to the requirements of the regulation of E-control, with the requirements for intelligent instruments be determined (smart meters AnforderungsVO 2011), to equip with a wire-bound transfer be considered to draw.
(2) those smart meters, which already before entry into force of intelligent instruments AnforderungsVO 2011 were procured or installed and do not meet the requirements contained therein, can be held still in operation and applied to the target obligations laid down in paragraph 1.
(3) from the obligation referred to in paragraph 1 network operators are excluded with regard to those consumers whose consumption is measured during a load profile meters.
(4) the network operator have promptly about installing a smart meter, as well as the conditions associated to inform the consumer. The regulatory authority may specify in this minimum content information.
(5) the decision of what end users be equipped with smart meters, is provided for in paragraph 1 at the discretion of the respective operator. The the reason is consumers equipped until 2019, not with a smart meter, on request by the respective network operator to inform.
Report and Monitoringpflichten
2. (1) the network operator have the Federal Ministry of economy, family and youth as well as the current project plans on the introduction of intelligent instruments, as well as at March 31 of each calendar year the E-control report in particular on the progress of the installation of smart meters to the costs incurred to the experiences made during the installation, data protection, consumption consumers and the power situation in a form disposal of the E-control to submit.
(2) the E-control has to monitor the introduction of smart meters by network operators.
(3) the E-control has to create an annual report to the introduction of intelligent instruments based on the reports of the operator referred to in paragraph 1 and to publish. This report has in particular comments on the progress of the installation of intelligent instruments, development of costs, the experience, the development of consumption and the efficiency for end users, the power situation, to include privacy and the current price development.
Entry into force
§ 3. This Regulation shall enter into force the day following the announcement.