150th regulation of the Federal Minister for education, art and culture on the obligation to participate in surveys by the BIFIE (3 BIFIE collection Regulation)
On the basis of article 1 § 6 par. 2 of the BIFIE Act 2008, Federal Law Gazette I no. 25, in the version of Federal Law Gazette I is no. 113/2009, prescribed:
Occasions for surveys
§ 1 (1) in the months of April and may 2012 the main test of the OECD study PISA takes in approximately 200 schools of secondary level I and II (nationwide) with pupils of the 1996 birth vintage 2012 (programme for international student assessment 2012) instead.
(2) in may 2012 the comprehensive review of the educational standards in the compulsory subject "Mathematics" is on the 8 levels of approximately 1 415 schools secondary education (nationwide).
(3) in the months may and June 2012 a comparison survey on "competence development and education processes in the Neue Mittelschule" pursuant to Section 7a para 4 of the school Organization Act, is part of the overall evaluation concept to the new middle school in the 8th grade levels of 67 school sites (nationwide) BGBl. No. 242/1962 as amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 44/2009, instead.
(4) in June 2012 a piloting of tasks to measure the pupils - and student performance in the compulsory subject "Mathematics" is on the 4 levels of approximately 57 elementary schools (nationwide).
(5) in June 2012 a piloting of tasks to measure the pupils - and student performance in the compulsory subject "English" (living first foreign language) is on the 8 levels of approximately 123 secondary schools and general-education secondary schools (nationwide).
(6) for the testing of the standard school-leaving examination central part of, maturity - and diploma and diploma examination 2011/12 take place at selected locations of General and vocational higher schools and higher institutes of teacher education and the teacher education from the school year up to two times a year field testing in selected standardized testing areas of exam testing.
(7) in carrying out the tests in accordance with paragraphs 1 to 6, the Federal Institute for educational research, innovation and development of the Austrian education system (BIFIE) is entrusted in accordance with the BIFIE Act 2008. It is as a contracting authority within the meaning of § 4 Z 4 of the data protection Act 2000, DSG 2000, Federal Law Gazette I no. 165/1999. The tests may have no direct relation of the person. Appropriate precautions and measures (such as access restriction, spatial boundaries, instructions, appropriate encryption technologies) is to ensure that a direct personal reference, except for a period of eight months by the pupil or the pupil itself, can be made at any stage of the implementation of testing, storage, and processing of records. About the data security measures taken are records to which are to be kept at least three years.
Surveys on the occasion of the tests
§ 2 (1) in the context and on the occasion of the tests referred to in article 1, paragraph 6 be indirectly personal surveys of the tested pupils and students on school learning conditions and in the cases of § 1 para 1 to 5 also through non-formal learning and living conditions, collected at the education-related socio-economic factors such as origin, profession of the parents, and social situation. Section 1, paragraph 7 shall apply with the proviso that the manufacture of direct person taken by the student or the student may not be feasible.
(2) the surveys referred to in paragraph 1 are for the purpose of statistical analysis of indirectly personal data for applied educational research, the educational quality development at schools, as well as for the regular national educational reporting. The indirect personal reference with regard to the surveys in the frame which is paragraph 1 Z 1 to 5 tests in accordance with with 31 December 2014 at the latest, to delete no. 6 that no later than at the end of the calendar year following the survey with regard to the surveys within the framework of the testing referred to in paragraph 1.
Obligation to participate in surveys
§ 3. Participation in the surveys referred to in article 2 is mandatory for pupils and students who participate in the tests referred to in paragraph 1.
Entry into force
§ 4. This Regulation shall enter into force the day of the announcement in the Federal Law Gazette.