160. Decree of the Federal Minister for agriculture and forestry, environment and water management on the recycling of waste wood in the wood based panel industry (RecyclingholzV)
Due to 1 of § 23 para 1 and 3 and 65 para 1 of the waste management act of 2002 (AWG 2002), Federal Law Gazette I no. 102, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. is 9/2011, by the Federal Ministry of agriculture and forestry, environment and water management in consultation with the Federal Minister of economy, family and youth in terms of paragraphs 1 to 7, 9 para 1 and 10 and 2 of articles 4 and 5 of the AWG 2002 is by the Federal Ministry of agriculture and forestry , Environment and water management: objectives
1. objectives of this regulation are 1 the warranty of can for people and the environment recycling of suitable waste wood in the wood based panel industry.
2. to make sure that no greater environmental risk than a comparable primary raw material or a similar product from primary raw materials associated with the use of old wood;
3. a to avoid pollutant accumulation in the product cycle;
4. the promotion of source sorting, reprocessing and recycling of suitable waste wood in the wood based panel industry according to the hierarchy in section 1 para 2 AWG 2002.
§ 2. This regulation applies to 1. holders of plants for the production of wood-based materials, 2. waste producers and collectors in terms of §§ 4, 6, 7 and 8, annex 1, annex 2 Chapter 2 and annex 3 and 3. authorised experts and expert institutions in terms of paragraphs 7 and 8, annex 2 Chapter 2 and Appendix 3.
§ 3. Within the meaning of this regulation or 1 old wood: wood, 2002 considered waste according to § 2 AWG;
2. treatment: treatment of waste wood prior to recycling in the wood based industry, such as, for example, classifying, sorting, the iron (Fe)- and non-ferrous (a) metal deposition;
3. authorised specialists or specialist institutions: those pursuant to § 2 para 6 Z 6 AWG 2002;
4. assessment value: value, on the basis of the compliance with the limit values is checked. The assessment value for old wood, which is to be recycled in the wood based industry, is calculated in accordance with Annex 2 Chapter 1.2;
5. Declaration: the Association documented in the records of a recycled wood to an intended for use as a product based on the proof of valid assessment, which was sent to the Federal Ministry of agriculture and forestry, environment and water management;
6 box sample: a sample made the laboratory sample for the subsequent investigation.
7 wood-based materials: materials produced by chopping wood, recycled wood and/or recycled wood products and subsequent joining of structure elements (E.g. particle board, plates made of long, flat, aligned chips (OSB), fibreboard, composite panels, wood-plastic composites (WPC));
8 wood based panel industry: companies that use one or for the production of wood-based materials more of waste listed in annex 1;
9 packaging: the treatment of waste wood to improve the physical properties such as, for example, crushing, drying, which is required for recycling in the wood based panel industry;
10 laboratory sample: a sample, after purification, rejuvenation and, where necessary, conservation made from the field trial and used for laboratory examination;
11 Los: in accordance with Annex 2 Chapter 2 or annex 3, Chapter 2 fixed quantity of a drop, in which the properties to determine are (subset of the waste assessment);
12 inspection quantity: the mass or the volume of material, or that either the laboratory sample or test sample is taken and is necessary to determine of the composition or other interesting properties;
13 test test: a laboratory sample after a suitable treatment carried out by the laboratory (E.g. grinding to achieve a sufficient homogeneity and fineness, drying);
14 qualified sample: a sample that consists of multiple samples and can be associated with a lot
15th recycling: old wood, which is to be recycled in the wood based panel industry and complies with the requirements set out in annex 1 and 2;
16 recycled wood content: the proportion of recycled wood on the overall wood input is needed for the production of wood-based materials - except the thermal utilisation - related to the mass after drying;
17 recycled wood product: recycling wood, that meets the requirements set out in annex 3 and has been declared for the end of waste status on the basis of submission of proof of valid assessment to the Federal Minister of agriculture and forestry, environment and water management;
18 sample: an aliquot share of the field sample, which is kept for any check-ups;
19th sample: a sample is taken at a certain place at a certain time. A sample is not individually investigated, but combined with other samples to a qualified sample;
20 intended customers: a) who; expected to assume a recycled wood product including a self-testing of the one ending the waste property let or who has declared the end of waste status,
b) people, who have taken over a recycled wood product including a self-testing of one who has declared the end of waste status.
Obligations of the holder
The old wood groups intended for recycling in the wood based panel industry are § 4 (1) be collected separately at the demolition or to undergo a subsequent treatment.
(2) for storage and transport, the old wood of other old wood intended for recycling in the wood based panel industry is to keep separately.
(3) a mixture of old wood, which is to be recycled in the wood based industry, is allowed, when 1 for each individual waste already exists a valid proof of the assessment or 2. waste has been proven to a treatment, in which it comes to a pollutant discharge activity with regard to those parameters, which exceeded the limits of input has been detected or where there is the reasonable suspicion such crossing , so that the limits are not respected by the mixing.
A mere reduction or drying (Assembly) results in any pollutant discharge activity in the sense of no. 2.
§ 5 (1) the owner of a plant for the production of wood-based materials must ensure through an input control to accept only the types of waste that are covered by the permit for the installation. He must determine the mass of each type of waste.
(2) the inspection consists of 1 a Visual inspection of the conformity of the delivered waste with waste information or, if present; identified with the proof of the assessment
2. a review of relevant documents, in particular the waste information or, if available, of assessment evidence, and 3. a annex 2 Chapter 2.8 performs identity checks, unless the evaluation evidence is not created by the owner of the plant for the production of wood-based materials. If the identity of the waste is not specified, the facility owner must reject the delivery of waste and submit the results of the identity control holder of the waste.
Recycling in the wood based panel industry
Section 6 (1) has old wood, which is to be recycled in the wood based panel industry, to comply with the requirements set out in annex 1 and 2.
(2) the owner of a plant for producing wood material waste wood may lead to recycling if there is a valid proof of assessment in accordance with Annex 2. The producers of the waste, the waste collector or the holder of the plant for producing wood material can create a certificate of assessment. These people can use an external authorised expert or specialist institution to do so. The drawing up of the assessment document requires compliance with a quality assurance system in accordance with the State of the art. Assessment evidence must meet the requirements of annex 2 Chapter 2.7. Any change of the origins of waste including the input materials or process, which affects the quality of the waste, a new proof of the assessment must be created.
(3) if created by the producer or collector of old wood, which should be used in wood material manufacturing equipment, no evidence of assessment in accordance with Annex 2 Chapter 2.7, a waste information must be forwarded to the holder of the plant for producing wood material by the holder. A waste information can create the waste producer or the waste collector. These people can use to create a waste information of an external authorised expert or specialist institution. The owner of the plant for producing wood material must check this waste information. The waste information must contain the following information: 1. the unique identifier;
2. the company which created the waste information;
3. the holder of the waste provided that it is not identical with the company;
4. date of transmission;
5. basic information on the waste: a)
Type of waste in accordance with a regulation according to § 4 AWG 2002 and in the Verbringungsfall in addition, in accordance with Appendix 2 of the directory directive, Federal Law Gazette II No. 570/2003, in its up-to-date version; the type of waste must be determined according to the allocation criteria set the directory directive.
b) origin in accordance with the Ordinance on waste balance sheets (AbfallbilanzV), Federal Law Gazette II No. 497/2008, in the currently valid version c) description of waste (in particular odour, colour);
6. If a waste once generated by the total quantity of waste in tonnes, for a waste stream the estimated annual volume of waste in tonnes;
7. the description of the formation of waste and any troubleshooting steps; the description of the input materials of the process, in which the waste, and the output materials of treatment; further indication of possible contamination and their cause.
Also can be specified in the demolition waste information and photos of the waste which is to be recycled in the wood-based industry, and attachments, if this accountability assessment of waste is beneficial, connected. A waste information no later than five years from the first date of delivery is valid. Whenever the creation of waste including the input materials or process, have the impact on the quality of the waste can, is a new one to create waste information.
(4) Furthermore must record the owner of a plant for producing wood material: 1 the basic procedure for the inspection, 2. the results of the inspection, in particular the results of identity checks in accordance with Annex 2 Chapter 2.8, 3. false declarations, specifying the waste information or if available assessment detection, concerned waste and waste delivery 4. the results of controls within the framework of the external audit according to annex 2 Chapter 2.9.
(5) insight into the record must be granted on request the authority and the records must be submitted upon request. Assessment evidence and details of waste must be stored at least seven years after expiry of the validity. They must be presented upon request by the authority.
Section 7 (1) old wood, which is equipped with halogen organic coatings, should be recycled not an in the wood based panel industry without prior removal of the coating.
(2) old wood, that has the relevant hazard properties according to waste directory regulation due to a chemical treatment of wood or that has been treated or such contamination due to its original usage purpose suggests with particularly hazardous substances is to gather separately from the groups appropriate according to Appendix 1 and 2 for recycling to keep separately and should be recycled not an in the wood based panel industry.
End of waste for recycling wood
Recycling wood products must meet the requirements of annex 3 § 8 (1). Recycling wood loses with the Declaration on the basis of submission of proof of valid assessment to the Federal Minister of agriculture and forestry, environment and water management the waste property for the intended use (annex 3, Chapter 1.4). The end of waste in the form of a booking in a product bearing must be documented in the records in accordance with AbfallbilanzV. For recycling wood products, our own product warehouse as a relevant part of the installation must be measured in the master data. The waste producer or the waste collector can create a certificate of assessment. These people can use for establishing proof of assessment of an external authorised specialist or technical Institute. The drawing up of the assessment document requires compliance with a quality assurance system in accordance with the State of the art. Assessment evidence must meet the requirements of annex 3, Chapter 2.7. Any change of the origins of recycled wood product including input materials, or of the process, which affects the quality of the recycled wood product, a new proof of the assessment must be created.
(2) section 1 applies only to types of waste in annex 1.
(3) the holder of the waste, the sloping declared, must the Federal Ministry of agriculture and forestry, environment and not later than 10 April each year the following information about the previous calendar year provide water management: 1. the type and quantity of recycled wood product, 2. amendments to the intended consumers, which emerged in the past year or in the current year is expected to be arising, and 3. the results of the controls within the framework of the external audit according to annex 3, Chapter 2.8.
(4) the holder of waste who declared the sloping, must send the customer together with the recycled wood product has been proven the following: 1. the valid proof of assessment including the unique identifier, and 2. information on the intended use in accordance with annex 3, Chapter 1.4.
(5) insight into the record must be granted on request the Federal Ministry of agriculture and forestry, environment and water management and the records must be submitted upon request. Assessment evidence must be kept at least three years after the expiry of the validity. It must be presented at the request of the Federal Minister for agriculture and forestry, environment and water management.
(6) the holder of waste who declared the sloping, must result in continuous records of the purchasers of the recycled wood products (name, address, amount, date) and keep seven years.
(7) the ÖNORM EN must be applied in the manufacture of recycled wood, in which the waste owner wants to declare the sloping, mutatis mutandis 15358 "solid recovered fuels - quality management systems - particular requirements for the application in the production of solid recovered fuels", issued on May 15, 2011, including a quality management system with external quality assurance.
Unless differing provisions are included on May 15, 2012 for old wood, which is to be recycled in the wood based industry, in existing authorisations, these are § 9 (1) the 15 may 2013 to no longer apply and the provisions of this Regulation shall apply from that date.
(2) as of 15 may 2013, this regulation on recycling wood is to apply, that has been used before May 15, 2012 as a product and should continue to be used.
Entry into force
§ 10. This Regulation shall enter into force 15 may 2012.