175. Decree of the Federal Minister for health, modifies the regulation of foods
On the basis of § 6 para 1 of the food safety and Consumer Protection Act - LMSVG, Federal Law Gazette I no. 13/2006, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 95/2010, is prescribed:
Foods regulation, Federal Law Gazette II No. 133/1998, amended by regulation Federal Law Gazette II No. 200/1999, is amended as follows:
1. the previous section 4 is labeled "section 5"; § 4 is as follows:
"Section 4 (1) of agricultural products intended for the production of processed foods and other foods, the pesticides listed in annex VII are not allowed. For control purposes the pesticides listed in table 1 of annex VII however apply to proposed ready for consumption or prepared according to the instructions of the manufacturer of the products 1 when not in use, if their residues do not exceed 0,003 mg / kg. This value, which is regarded as the limit of quantification of the analytical methods is regularly taking account of technical progress to check;
2. the pesticides listed in table 2 of annex VII as not used if their residues do not exceed 0,003 mg / kg. This value can be checked regularly, taking into account the data on environmental contamination.
(2) other pesticides residues exceed not the amount of 0.01 mg / kg in processed foods and other foods in the product proposed ready for consumption or prepared according to the instructions of the manufacturer.
(3) by way of derogation from paragraph 2 therein MRLs shall apply for the pesticides listed in annex VIII.'
2. the previous section 5 is omitted.
3. According to § 5 following §§ 6 and 7 are added:
„§ 6. With entry into force of this Regulation as amended by regulation BGBl. II Nr 175/2012 is § 8 pesticides maximum regulation, Federal Law Gazette II No. 441/2002, as last amended by the regulation Federal Law Gazette II No. 68/2008, override.
§ 7. This regulation is the directive 2006/125/EC on processed cereal based foods and baby foods for infants and young children, OJ No. L 339 of 6 December 2006, corrected by OJ No. L 4 of January 9, 2007, in Austrian law implemented."
4. After annex VI following annexes VII and VIII are added: