316. Regulation of the Minister of Home Affairs, on the deactivation of firearms (deactivated regulation - DeaktV)
As a result of section 42 b, para. 2 of the Firearms Act 1996 (WaffG), Federal Law Gazette I no. 12/1997 last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 63/2012 is in agreement with the Federal Minister of national defence and prescribed sports:
Technical guidelines and disable marking
1. (1) firearms, except war materiel in accordance with the regulation of the Federal Government of 22 November 1977 concerning war materiel, BGBl. No. 624/1977, 42B WaffG are considered within the meaning of § disabled, if these have been rebuilt and marked (Appendix 2) as disabled in accordance with the technical guidelines laid down in this Regulation (annex 1).
(2) the letter and number combination according to Appendix 2, which authorized the trader (section 42 b para. 3 WaffG) uniquely identifies, awards the Federal Minister of the Interior.
(3) the marking of the deactivation has by means of punch to be roller stamp or engraved with corresponding burn depth, which has to ensure a clear visibility.
(4) the deactivation indicator (diamond stamp) is to install barrel and lock of deactivated firearms. In the case of special constructive peculiarities of the deactivated firearm, this can be stamped in addition also on the handle (on firearms of category B), the sleeve or the lock housing (for firearms of category C).
(5) at least a deactivation indicator shall be affixed visibly on deactivated firearms and must be covered by components of the firearm (E.g. handles, controls) to not more than 50%.
Entry into force
§ 2. This Regulation shall enter into force October 1, 2012.