Read the untranslated law here: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/BgblAuth/BGBLA_2013_II_93/BGBLA_2013_II_93.html
93. Regulation of the Federal Minister for agriculture and forestry, environment and water management concerning the woman promotion plan of the Federal Ministry of agriculture and forestry, environment and water management (BMLFUW 2013 Frauenförderungsplan)
As a result of section 11a of the federal equal treatment Act (B-GlBG), Federal Law Gazette No. 100/1993, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 6/2011, is prescribed:
§ 1. The Federal Ministry of agriculture and forestry, environment and water management is committed to an active policy of equal treatment, to ensure equal opportunities for women and men. The implementation of woman promotion plan has in particular the following objectives:
1. the support measures for the advancement of women by all employees and employees, in particular by the executives.
2. the integration of women in the human resources planning and development;
3. to promote a positive attitude to the profession of women among all employees and employees at all levels;
4. the promotion and strengthening of professional identity of women and encourage the recognition at all levels, women as equivalent and equal partners in the professional world to make decisions, influence, and assume responsibility;
5. the reduction of disadvantages of women, which are dictated by existing socio-political conditions and influence in professional life;
6. ensuring of the compatibility of work and family;
7. the increase in the proportion of women in accordance with the provisions of §§ 11 ff B GlBG in use and remuneration groups, where women represented are (see annex). The urgent need for the advancement of women is determined by the extent of under-representation. An achieved rate of women must be true;
8. the equal participation of women in decision-making and consultative bodies in proportion to their share of employment;
9. the increase in the percentage of women in management positions in accordance with the mandatory requirements of section 19;
10. the promotion of the acceptance of the use of parental leave or part-time work because of child care responsibilities by men.
Measures to achieve targets
§ 2. The implementation of woman promotion plan has in particular the following measures:
1. measures for the advancement of women, such as mentoring programs for women, are in the system of human resources planning and human resources development to integrate;
2. the representatives and representatives of the employer, in particular the departments entrusted with personal agendas, as well as the executives of the Department have to go along with measures to be taken, to participate in the development of this and to take over that role.
3. in the context of staff - and staff interviews, it is task of managers in developing their careers actively to support women;
4. supervisors are to raise awareness for the implementation of women-promoting measures by accompanying measures (E.g. training).
5. the strategy of gender mainstreaming (the equality of women and men in all aspects of political and social) and gender Budgetings is anchored as a universal principle in all areas of activity of the BMLFUW.
Protection of human dignity in the workplace
3. (1) is to protect the dignity of women and men in the workplace. Procedures, practices. Presentations and publications of all kinds, and statements that violate human dignity, include sexual harassment and bullying, are to refrain from and are not to be tolerated by superiors. The employer has to take appropriate measures to raise awareness.
(2) the employees are over the legal and other options, use bullying and sexual harassment in the workplace to defend against discrimination within the meaning of the B GlBG, especially on the occasion of a staff - and an appraisal interview to inform.
(3) it is to a working atmosphere, which is supported by mutual respect.
(4) in job interviews, Mrs discriminatory issues (such as for example family planning) have to be avoided. In assessing the suitability of applicants, no application criteria may be considered based on a discriminatory, stereotypical roles understanding of equality.
Linguistic equal treatment
§ 4 (1) to promote the principle of equal treatment are references in all internal and external documents and publications of the BMLFUW in the form of gender-equitable use and unobjective differentiation between women and men are to be avoided.
(2) all terms relating to female employees as well as all official title and use labels are by women, as far as it is linguistically possible, to use in the female form.
(3) in the present and in the future to use computer software to a gender-equitable language use, caution is to take.
Information of staff
5. (1) newly occurring, all staff and employees, is of woman promotion plan by the employer in an appropriate manner to the knowledge to bring. The access to this information and report according to articles 12 and 12a B GlBG must be provided in each Department.
(2) all employees are to inform about the function and duties of the compliance officer.
(3) an intranet is to provide by the employer.
(4) participation in information sessions of the compliance officer or the individual contact with the competent compliance officer within the service period is to allow all employees and employees.
(5) in the relevant publications of the Department, particularly in internal newspapers and digital media, issues of equal treatment according to space is to give.
(6) in the business and personal divisions is a contact person for women or parents-related legal issues (E.g. part-time, leave, etc. and service and pay legal questions) to expel.
Right to information of the Working Group for equal treatment issues
The following information of the employer to provide are section 6 (1) of the Working Group for equal treatment questions:
1. the education report, the proportion of women in the respective educational measures, as well as the number of training days - separately are shown by gender -;
2. proportion of women among all employees in accordance with the requirements of § 11a B GlBG at intervals of two years with date 31 December;
3. is the increase of women in accordance with article 19 in a case specified by this regulation has not been achieved, this is the Akgün, or the head of unit to give reasons in writing. The measures envisaged to attain the objective of the women development plan are to establish the Working Group for equality issues;
4. information on planned organizational changes;
5. information on planned new members of standing committees;
6. the competent HR managers have to report the federal equal treatment Commission and the Working Group on equality issues in writing on the measures taken on the basis of the opinion of the federal equal treatment Commission of the Department.
(2) prior to the occupation of all the functions of the central leadership by the Akgün or the head of unit are the Chairperson of the Working Group for equal treatment issues, in the downstream areas on the part of the employer the respective compliance officer, to bring the following information (documents) with the possibility to comment in writing note:
1. the invitation to tender;
2. the composition of the Evaluation Commission.
(3) about the current state of implementation which is listed measures at the request of the Working Group for equality issues on the part of the employer in the Frauenförderungsplan a yearly jour fixe to offer.
Working Group for equal treatment issues
The compliance officer the personnel necessary for the exercise of their function and cause resources are § 7 (1) (sections 30, 31 B GlBG) and to provide the working time necessary to fulfill their duties. To maintain their tasks, the necessary financial resources are the Working Group on equality issues to provide.
(2) the members of the working group are taken into account in the business and assignment of staff.
(3) participation in vocational training in particular on topics such as equality and advancement of women is the compliance officer and women's representative, service, budget and organization law and rhetoric and negotiation over to allow the usual extent, as far as the official requirements allow.
(4) the activities of the compliance officer and women's representative is part of their official duties. The employer has to this area of the Administration at all official orders to be especially taken into account. No professional disadvantage may be due to the activity as equality officer.
(5) travel movements considered mission in terms of the travel fees regulations of the Federal Government as amended, with the cost center of the Working Group for equality issues to associate is in exercise of its function as a Commissioner for equal treatment and women's representative, as well as including participation in sessions and subpoenas to the federal equal treatment Commission.
(6) at least 60% of the Working Group for equal treatment issues have to belong to women.
Education and training
Section 8 (1) in the educational concept of the Department is to provide a special chapter for women-specific events.
(2) to training, in particular to those who qualify for import into higher-value uses and functions, B GlBG are to achieve in the §§ 11 ff specified women primarily to admit women. This also applies to training and continuing education courses with limited participation.
(3) the therapists have to make aware the service workers and employees on appropriate internal and external training sessions. It is pointed out that applications are particularly appreciated by women.
(4 participation in education and training events is) part-time employees and employees to enable. In addition is to be taken into account in the planning of training seminars on a family-friendly organization. The there hours that go about their normal weekly service time, are part-time employees who participate in training events into account within the framework of applicable legislation on the service obligation.
(5) participation in events under par. 1 of the in the Department of education and training is female staff going to enable planned time scale, as far as the official requirements allow.
(6) the agreement with the compliance officer is to produce in establishing the annual internal training manual and programme with regard to the chapter referred to in paragraph 1.
(7) the competent compliance officer to inform on request about the number of male and female participants in internal and external training of competent human resources / training department.
(8) the employer has to ensure that HR managers and all staff, the supervisor function exercise, are informed about the B GlBG, the issues of the advancement of women and equality of treatment and the Department-specific Frauenförderungsplan. Senior executives are to point out especially on their commitment to the advancement of women and the Department-specific Frauenförderungsplan and the content of the B GlBG in the course of their training.
(9) the offer of training for presenters and executives has also on the topics of "Discrimination against women", to extend 'Bullying' and 'Equal treatment'.
Special measures for service workers the usage / pay Group C/c and D/d or A3/v3, A4/v4
9. (1) there are courses for the usage / pay Group C/c and D/d or A3/v3, A4/v4 to offer, provide the basic skills, such as communication, language skills and team work, increasingly.
(2) increasing the job satisfaction of employees referred to in paragraph 1 is sought through the following measures on the part of the employer or supervisor:
1. intensification of knowledge and information about workflows and content;
2. participation of ergonomic workstations and participation in the design of the working environment and work processes;
3. facilitate the working conditions and work processes through improved internal organization and information on rights and obligations of staff.
Promotion of the professional rise - junior executives
10. (1) has advancement of women apply at all organizational levels.
(2) on the part of the managers, and the professional development of staff is to discuss within the framework of the staff - and appraisal interview in addition to the tasks and targets agreed. In particular, a plan for the development of professional and personal skills to develop and to announce the therapists is with the respective female staff.
(3) with regard to the development of a departmental internal leadership program, executives - report the employer, in particular eligible women should be taken into account regardless the cast concrete management positions - appropriate junior executives. On this basis, the employer developed a junior leadership pool.
(4) the participation of female (also part-time) servant leadership courses is to promote. The participation of interested women in Mentoringprogrammen to the personal and professional development is to promote at all levels.
(5) that are acquired skills and qualifications (such as social competence) on a maternity leave in accordance with protection of mother or father parental leave law career planning to pay tribute. Career breaks may represent women and men no disadvantage for those affected.
(6) section 11 of this Regulation shall apply mutatis mutandis for the appointment of representatives.
(7) no application by women for a management function, is made are appropriate measures to use to qualify women for taking leadership responsibility in the context of succession planning, and to motivate by the service authority.
(8) in leadership courses will be informed of the objectives and content of the federal equal treatment Act and the regulation of the Department of internal Frauenförderplanes.
(9) for women in leadership positions, equal treatment and women's Affairs and women in professional situations, participation in individual supervision and coaching of the employer is offered.
Occupation of positions
§ 11. For all functions are who are equally suitable as the best competitors, anyway, as long as to order, until the percentage of women in the total number of permanently employed in the scope of the service authority in accordance with §§ 11 ff B GlBG is reached.
Invitation to tender
Tender texts are 12 (1) to be worded in the form of female and male and have to contain no additional comments that suggest a specific gender.
(2) tendering texts have the note to contain the service Authority (services) aims at increasing the proportion of women and specifically urges therefore qualified women to apply and women with the same qualifications in accordance with § 5 paragraph 2 b of the tender law 1989, Federal Law Gazette No. 85/1989 as amended (50%) primarily recorded.
(3) in the case of the call of a function is to check whether this function with decreased week stint (working part) can be exercised. Is a note to include in the specification text.
(4) requirements for functions must be clearly defined, correspond to the actual needs of the function and so, are that women are disadvantaged either directly or indirectly.
Section 13 (1) the selection decision in particular the following criteria may not discriminatory are used:
1. existing or previous interruption of employment, 2. existing or previous part-time employment, 3. age and 4 marital status.
(2) the existence of a pregnancy may be reason to reject inclusion in the employment relationship.
(3) criteria for job interviews are to create that they neither directly nor indirectly discriminate against women.
(4) assessing leadership is also social competence as to attract criterion.
(5) who are on a leave to pay tribute to acquired skills and qualifications.
Measures to promote reconciliation of work and family
Individual schemes of their working hours and their work arrangement to seek are section 14 (1) for persons with care responsibilities within the statutory limits.
(1a) all staff, including men, are to inform the human resources department about all models of flexible organisation of working time in relation to the parent and to point out the legal possibilities of the use of parental leave, parental leave or part-time work, etc.,.
(2) the establishment of session times is possible on the working hours of part-time employees or employees with care obligations to take into account. Sessions are possible
1 within normal working hours to set, 2. to plan long-term, and 3. the affected staff in time to announce.
(3) with regard to the reconciliation of work and family care is to take that training opportunities are offered within normal working hours. Training and further education are to deter possible in the vicinity of the station. If necessary, the possible need for a childcare is taken into account.
(4) the arrangement of overtime or additional work is on the temporal requirements arising from care responsibilities, to take into account.
(5) in the personnel planning and development, the possibility of a family break in the career planning of both sexes is taken into account.
(6) for all employees and employees is to promote acceptance of the use of parental leave and part-time work because of child care responsibilities by men.
(7) flexible and innovative forms of work, such as such as tele-working, are primarily to allow people with care responsibilities.
Section 15 (1) the employer has to allow sought part-time work, as far as this is possible while maintaining an orderly service operation. Part-time employment is in all areas and at all skill levels, in particular by promoting teamwork and project accountability, to allow.
(2) the employer creates the organisational conditions, that also part-time executive positions are accessible. Part-time employment has to be basically no reason of exclusion from management Betrauungen.
(3) for the servants, no professional disadvantage may caused by the use of part-time employment; especially the employer it has to point out that the reduction in working time fixed term can be agreed and that a return to normal working hours is guaranteed.
Child care facilities
§ 16. The creation of and opportunities for cooperation with child care facilities close to the departments are to check through a survey of the needs of the employer and to provide information to employees.
§ 17 (1) has the respective officials, reported the admission of pregnancy, about their rights and options regarding maternity leave, parental leave or parental leave split, re-entry and possible flexible working time models to inform human resources.
(2) the information can be also using information sheet or any brochures on this subject take place.
(3) in particular, it is to refer to the use and the sharing possibilities of the parental leave with the child's father.
(4) not later than three months before returning the the full-time staff over the future use of / the disclose, or by the human resources department is to inform.
(5) If a return at the previous place of work is not possible, an amicable solution for future use between the servants to bring managers and the human resources department which is in accordance with the business requirements.
(6) the respective educational programme is to convey the persons annually. About any other external or internal training sessions is to inform separately and in a timely manner.
(7) for women is the ability to create to make already reserve before the end of the cooling off period for continuing education events for the therapists.
(8) in particular in the last three months before returning, the flow of information to the persons passing is current to maintain the workplace information or documents, on the part of the respective department head, unless the / the parents requested it.
(9) on the part of the Department is to allow the persons for three months before returning, to participate in Department meetings.
(10) the persons are to invite in addition to internal events of the Department such as operating tours and Christmas celebrations.
(11) special seminars to the rapid reintegration are immediately after returning, to offer such as computer training and information on current projects in the workplace.
(12) the specific need for training and information in individual cases is to rise in conjunction with the / the Service Manager or therapists.
(13) returnees and returnees are primarily to allow for training seminars.
(14) a rolling re-entry will be allowed in skilled areas. In staff - run a / appraisal interview must be demonstrably.
Commissions and advisory boards - composition
Section 18 (1) the composition of commissions in accordance with § 10 B GlBG is the woman promotion bid to be considered.
(2) for the appointment of the committees provided for in the legislation of the service, care is on the ratio of female and male employees to take.
(3) women in the number corresponding to the numerical ratio of male and female employees are ordered in the case of the persons to be ordered by the employer.
(4) the Chairperson of the Working Group for equality issues or a / e by him their servants/r has the right to participate in the meetings of the commissions or of the concerned Senate Advisory. This includes in particular the right to take the floor, requests and questions, advice to participate and to take insight into business pieces and documents or to obtain relevant documents.
(5) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 10 B GlBG is in the composition of others as commissions provided for in the legislation of the service and advisory boards, such as in particular working groups, project groups, delegations, podiums, in the course of restructuring or similar Fed's decision-making or advisory bodies, by the employer on a gender balance, to ensure decision-making bodies. In particular, women as Chairman are appointed. A member of the Working Group for equality issues must be ordered.
§ 18a. A gender balance is to carry out in the transmission of ancillary activities, which are carried out by employees with equivalent qualifications.
Section 19 (1) in accordance with § 11a paragraph 3 B GlBG is increasing the proportion of women in accordance with the regulations of the personal recording of the Covenant by the following requirements to carry out:
1. the proportion of women to 31 December 2012 may not be less than.
2. the proportion of women is below how to increase:
The proportion of women 31.12.2012:
The proportion of women 31.12.2014:
up to 10%
up to 20%
up to 30%
(2) a written evaluation of the implementation and impact of the affirmative action must be 1 August of each year, beginning with August 1, 2013, by the employer of the Working Group for equal treatment issues at the latest.
(3) in the case of failure to reach of the mandatory targets, written justification and specific details to achieve the requirements to attach are one evaluation.
(4) this report will be published in an appropriate manner (intranet, focus).
(5) the implementation of the measures referred to in this regulation is one of the duties of this competent organ Walterinnen and officials.
(6) the internal audit has to include compliance with the B GlBG and of this regulation in their report.
Entry into force and expiry
§ 20. With the entry into force of this regulation is the regulation of the Federal Minister for agriculture and forestry, environment and water management concerning the Frauenförderungsplan BMLFUW, BGBl. II Nr 110/2011, override.
Search Translated Laws of Austria