97. Regulation of the Federal Minister for education, art and culture on the obligation to participate in surveys by the BIFIE (4. BIFIE collection Regulation)
On the basis of article 1 § 6 par. 2 of the BIFIE Act of 2008, Federal Law Gazette I no. 25, as amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 113/2009 and Federal Law Gazette I no. 7/2013, is prescribed:
Occasions for surveys
§ 1 (1) in April 2013 is (nationwide) the comprehensive review of the educational standards in the compulsory subject "(first) foreign language (English)" 409 schools of secondary education on the 8 levels of 1.
(2) in the months of May and June 2013 (alternative) the comprehensive review of the educational standards in the compulsory subject "Mathematics" is on the 4 levels of approximately 3 049 elementary schools (nationwide).
(3) in may 2013 a piloting of tasks to measure the pupils - and student performance in the compulsory subject "German" held on the 8 levels of 115 schools of secondary education (nationwide).
(4) in may 2013 a piloting of tasks to measure the pupils - and student performance in the compulsory subject is on the 4 levels of 97 elementary schools (nationwide) "Read, write".
(5) in June 2013 the final survey on "competence development and education processes in the Neue Mittelschule" pursuant to Section 7a para 4 of the school Organization Act, is part of the overall evaluation concept to the new middle school in the 8th grade levels of 103 school sites (nationwide) BGBl. No. 242/1962 as amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 79/2012, instead.
(6) with the implementation of the tests referred to in paragraphs 1 to 5 and the surveys referred to in § 2, the Federal Institute for educational research, innovation and development of the Austrian education system (BIFIE) is entrusted in accordance with the BIFIE Act 2008. It is as a contracting authority within the meaning of § 4 Z 4 of the data protection Act 2000, DSG 2000, Federal Law Gazette I no. 165/1999. The tests may have no direct relation of the person. Appropriate precautions and measures (such as access restriction, spatial boundaries, instructions, appropriate encryption technologies) is to ensure that a direct personal reference, except for a period of eight months by the pupil or the pupil itself, can be made at any stage of the implementation of testing, storage, and processing of records. About the data security measures taken are records to which are to be kept at least three years.
Surveys on the occasion of the tests
Section 2 (1) in the context and on the occasion of the tests referred to in article 1, paragraph 1 to 5 be indirectly personal surveys of the tested pupils and students on school and extracurricular learning and living conditions, involving non-sensitive data in accordance with § 4 1 DSG 2000 collected Z on education-related socio-economic factors such as origin, profession of the parents, and social situation. § 1 paragraph 6 shall apply with the proviso that the manufacture of direct person taken by the student or the student may not be feasible.
(2) the surveys referred to in paragraph 1 are for the purpose of statistical analysis of indirectly personal data for applied educational research, the educational quality development at schools, as well as for the regular national educational reporting. The indirect personal reference with regard to the surveys within the framework of the testing in accordance with § 1 para 1 to 5 is to delete 31 December 2015 at the latest.
Obligation to participate in surveys
§ 3. Participation in the surveys referred to in article 2 is mandatory for pupils and students who participate in the tests referred to in paragraph 1.
Entry into force
§ 4. This Regulation shall enter into force the day of the announcement in the Federal Law Gazette.