97. Ordination of the Federal Minister for Education, Arts and Culture on the obligation to participate in surveys by the BIFIE (4. BIFIE survey regulation)
On the basis of Art. 1 § 6 (2) of the BIFIE Act 2008, BGBl. I n ° 25, in the version of the Federal Laws BGBl. I n ° 113/2009 and BGBl. I No 7/2013, shall be arranged:
Events for the surveys
§ 1. (1) In April 2013, it will be held at 8. School levels of 1 409 Schools of upper secondary education (nationwide) the nationwide examination of the educational standards in the compulsory subject matter "(First) Living foreign language (English)" instead.
(2) In the months of May and (replacement) June 2013 is to be found on the 4. School levels of around 3 049 elementary schools (nationwide) the nationwide examination of the educational standards in the compulsory subject matter "Mathematics" instead.
(3) In May 2013, the 8. School levels of 115 schools of upper secondary education (nationwide) a piloting of the tasks to measure the students ' performance in the compulsory subject matter "German" instead.
(4) In May 2013, the 4. School levels of 97 elementary schools (nationwide) a piloting of the tasks to measure the pupils ' performance in the compulsory subject matter "German, reading, writing" instead.
(5) In June 2013, the overall evaluation concept for the New Middle School will be held at the 8. School levels of 103 school locations (nationwide) the final survey on "Competence development and educational courses in the New Middle School" in accordance with § 7a (4) of the School Organization Act, BGBl. No. 242/1962 in the version of the Federal Law BGBl. I No 79/2012.
(6) The Federal Institute for Education Research, Innovation and Development of the Austrian School System (BIFIE) is responsible for carrying out the tests in accordance with Section 2 (1) to (5) and the Surveys in accordance with § 2 of the BIFIE Act 2008; it acts as a Contracting entities within the meaning of § 4 Z 4 of the Data Protection Act 2000, DSG 2000, BGBl. I No 165/1999. The tests must not have a direct personal reference. By means of appropriate measures and measures (such as limitation of access, spatial delimitation, instruction, appropriate encryption techniques), it is necessary to ensure that at no stage of the execution of the test, as well as the storage and processing the data records are directly related to the person, except for a period of eight months by the student or the pupil himself. The data security measures taken shall keep records kept for at least three years.
Surveys on the occasion of the tests
§ 2. (1) In connection with the tests referred to in § 1 (1) to (5), personal surveys are carried out indirectly in the tested pupils at school and extracurricular learning and living conditions, in which not sensitive data according to § 4 (1) of the German Data Protection Act (DSG 2000) on educational-relevant socio-economic factors such as the origin, the professional status of the parents and the social situation. § 1 (6) shall apply with the proviso that the production of the direct passenger reference may not be possible by the student or the pupil.
(2) The surveys referred to in paragraph 1 shall be carried out for the purpose of statistical evaluation of the indirect personal data obtained for applied educational research, educational monitoring, quality development in schools and for the regular national education reporting. The indirect personal reference with regard to the surveys in the course of the tests pursuant to § 1 (1) (1) to (5) shall be deleted by 31 December 2015 at the latest.
Obligation to participate in surveys
§ 3. Participation in the surveys referred to in § 2 is mandatory for pupils who participate in the tests in accordance with § 1.
entry into force
§ 4. This Regulation shall enter into force at the end of the day of the customer's notice in the Federal Law Gazans.