219. Regulation of the Federal Minister of health, 2007 modifies the poultry hygiene regulation
On the basis of § 2 para 1 to 3 of the animal health law (TGG), Federal Law Gazette I no 133/1999, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 142/2003 and the Federal Act Federal Law Gazette I no. is 3/2009, in agreement with the Federal Minister of finance, and directed the Federal Ministry of agriculture and forestry, environment and water management:
The poultry hygiene regulation 2007, Federal Law Gazette II No. 100/2007, as last amended by regulation Federal Law Gazette II No. 355/2008, is amended as follows:
1. in the table of contents, the phrase is "7 main piece - special conditions for trade with other Member States of the European economic area (EEA) - sections 44 to 62".
2. § 1 para 3 first sentence reads:
"Rules of food safety and Consumer Protection Act (LMSVG), Federal Law Gazette I no. 13/2006, of the animal diseases Act (TSG), RGBl. No. 177/1909, as well as the provisions of the Veterinärbehördlichen internal market regulation 2008 (BVO 2008), Federal Law Gazette II No. 473/2008 and Veterinärbehördlichen import regulation 2008 (VEVO 2008), Federal Law Gazette II No. 474/2008, remain unaffected."
3. the existing text of § 2 receives the sales designation (1) and the following paragraph 2 is added:
"(2) any reference to Salmonella typhimurium in this regulation includes also monophasic Salmonella typhimurium with the Antigen formula 1.4, , 12:."
4. paragraph 7 subsection 1:
"(1) in establishments referred to in article 1, paragraph 1, only water, may the II meets the microbiological requirements of the drinking water Ordinance, BGBl. No. 304/2001, are used." Evidence on this is, if not water from a public water supply system is used to provide annually and to submit the official control bodies for inspection upon request."
5. § 9 para 2 last sentence reads:
"Samples of same type (soil samples, food bowl samples, potions samples etc.) may summarizes to pools of five specimens."
6 paragraph 9 paragraph 5:
"(5) stall spaces and surfaces can be occupied only after completion of the cleaning and disinfection referred to in paragraph 1 and, in the case of para 2 - after a control result which confirms the success of the disinfection measures, at the earliest but seven days after from stable recently with poultry the last herd. This period is for measures in the sense of article 27 or 42 subsection 6 (diagnosis of salmonella infection) 14 days."
7. in article 9, paragraph 6, the phrase is "Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002" by the phrase "Regulation (EC) no 1069/2009 of 21 October 2009 laying hygiene requirements for animal by-products not intended for human consumption and repealing Regulation (EC) No. 1774/1002 (OJ" No. L 300 from 14th 11th 2009, p. 1) "replaced."
8 paragraph 15 paragraph 2:
"(2) animals from other States involved, so these have to comply with the applicable provisions of the 2008 VEVO or BVO 2008."
9. in paragraph 18, the word order is replaced "Veterinärbehördliche import and internal market regulation 2001 (EBVO)" by the phrase "BVO 2008".
10. in § 19 para 1 subpara 1 lit. a is replaced by the phrase "two weeks prior to entering the laying phase or the laying" the phrase "two weeks prior to entering the laying phase".
11 § 19 para 1 subpara 1 lit. b sublit. BB is: "in young animals at the age of four weeks, and for sampling two weeks prior to entering the laying phase or the laying five pairs boot swabs with which each, 20% of the poultry stall area are committed, or feces mixed samples, which are composed of separate samples of fresh faeces with a weight of at least one gram; are bb) Droppings mixing samples shall be taken where the animals are kept in different places of that install area; a flock in the same operation to more than one building has free access, which shall be in any poultry such samples be found serving complex of operation; "
12 § 19 para 1 No. 2 is: "2. adults are breeding poultry flocks (laying phase) a) in all herds to make samples at least once every two weeks during the laying phase and to investigate.
(b) in herds, whose Eier on hatcheries with a breeding capacity of less than 1000 eggs per brood passage are supplied, as well as herds of breeding farms, which are admitted for trading within the European Union, the samples are lit. (a) in the parent animal operation according to the under subpara 1 lit. b sublit. BB and cc stated criteria to remove. Sampling in the holding can be done also by a, provably trained by the care veterinarian or by the veterinarian care and opposite named the district administrative authority, operating-related person. All twelve weeks are making sampling at any rate by the care veterinarian or by the veterinarian care.
(c) in the case of herds, its Eier delivered, at a hatchery with a breeding capacity of at least 1000 eggs per brood through the samples in accordance with letter must. a site in the hatchery. The samples include aa) at least a composite sample from visibly polluted slip breeder Horde liners (chick nappies), that is, until a total of at least 1 m ² (should be hatching eggs from a breeding herd in several incubators, such a pooled sample from each of the incubators is available), or bb as a random sample from five different places) If no Horde linings are used, an aggregate sample of 25 grams , which is obtained from a mixture of per ten grams eggshell remains, which to remove, crush and mix are from 25 different wicket breeder hordes,.
(d) each herd is on the holding within four weeks after the stabling and eight weeks before planned from walking after the under subpara 1 lit. b sublit. BB and cc criteria officially to be sampled. There are flocks according to lit. c in the hatchery all sixteen weeks perform official samples, whereby the provisions of lit. apply by analogy to c are. Additionally is in the lit. (b) during the production cycle of each flock, in the 32nd up 40th week of life to make a more official sampling these holdings. This sampling can each replace a sampling at the initiative of the employer or of the owner of the business.
(e) the owner or the holder has been known to announce whether the lit sampling after the district administration authority in the establishment and amendment of the identification operation (hatchery). b or lit. c be carried out. In the case of implementation after lit. c is known to give the hatchery."
13 § 19 para 1 No. 3 is: "3. investigation on salmonella gallinarum-pullorum (laying phase) a) the owner or the holder has to initiate an investigation on salmonella gallinarum-pullorum by the care veterinarian or animal doctor care when reaching an egg production by at least 10%. In males, this investigation from the 20th week of life is making. This investigation must be repeated annually.
(b) the owner or the holder has to initiate an investigation on salmonella gallinarum-pullorum by the care veterinarian or animal doctor care drop of egg production by over 20% or 20% failure rate.
(c) as the study material internal organs and viscera of five killed or died immediately before sampling animals of the herd are to use and bacteriologically to investigate."
14 paragraph 22, section 1:
"(1) the samples taken from the individual herds may be mixed per herd for analysis purposes, with at least two samples of droppings mixing is made; the five pair of boot swabs are divided into at least two pools containing each up to five individual boot swab; This does not apply however for blood samples for serological examination."
15 § § 24-27 are:
"Dealing with hatching eggs with positive results
Unbebrütete eggs of a herd of the investigations after the sections 19 to 21 a positive finding in the sense of § 23 para 2 on salmonella enteritidis, Salmonella typhimurium, salmonella gallinarum-pullorum, salmonella infantis, salmonella virchow, salmonella hadar or in turkeys salmonella arizonae have shown 24 (1), are 1 up to the official confirmation of the result according to separately to keep section 25, or 2. a treatment under § 27 No. 1 lit. (b) to take, or 3rd according to § 10 animal materials Act, Federal Law Gazette I no. 141/2003, harmless to eliminate.
(2) the measures referred to in paragraph 1 apply also to eggs supplied to the hatchery this herds. For this purpose, the hatchery by the farmer of the Lieferbetriebes about a positive examination is immediately reported to.
Dealing with herds with positive results
Salmonella typhimurium, salmonella gallinarum-pullorum, salmonella infantis, salmonella virchow and salmonella have shown Brian § 25 (1) herds where the samples according to the articles 19 to 21 at the hatchery a positive finding with respect to the presence of salmonella enteritidis, proceed as follows: 1. after the message pursuant to § 23 para 2 has the district administrative authority to confirm the first results the stock immediately to undergo an official sampling.
In an official sampling after no. 1 five pairs of boot swabs as well as two dust samples by each 100 g, which each are taken in several places representative for the stables, be in every herd. Can be dragged on due to stable system no boot swab samples can be found instead five samples of each 200 to 300 g faeces in natural mixture from droppings belts, scrapers or deep pits. The samples may be not pooled and are each to investigate salmonella according to Z 1. A test for the detection of antimicrobial agents or effect inhibiting the growth of bacteria the sample is carried out.
3. the herd is considered to be positive, a positive result for the salmonella to be examined has been determined. The Flock is considered positive, as long as identified antimicrobial effects inhibiting agents or bacterial growth. The test should be repeated until no effect inhibiting the growth of bacteria is detected or the breeding herd is destroyed.
4. the district administrative authority may require a fair number of larger sample if necessary.
5. in cases where the district administrative authority has reason to believe of false negative results of the first official sampling, you can perform a second official sampling in accordance with no. 2.
(2) in the case of herds, where the samples according to the articles 19 to 21 in stock (in the barn) a positive finding with respect to the presence of salmonella enteritidis, Salmonella typhimurium, salmonella gallinarum pullorum, virchow and salmonella have shown salmonella infantis, salmonella MD, applies the herd as positive. If the district administrative authority finds no reason to believe of false-positive results, she has the presence of salmonella enteritidis, Salmonella typhimurium, salmonella gallinarum pullorum, salmonella infantis MD officially to confirm salmonella virchow and salmonella. Z 1 to 5 is to proceed with suspected cases, in which the district administrative authority has reason to believe of false-positive results of sampling of the stock referred to in paragraph 1.
(3) the affected herd with regard to determining the source of contamination of the section 26 is subject to in the case of herds for which the samples have revealed a positive finding with respect to other salmonella according to the articles 19 to 21.
section 26. Is suspected or if it is necessary to determine of the source of the contamination, the official veterinarian 1 has.
To initiate studies on salmonella in feed, water, bedding, dust and the operating personnel, 2 to examine whether the rules and controls concerning the disposal and processing of animal waste have been respected, 3. to control measures to guarantee salmonella-free feed pursuant to § 7 para 2 and 4 each other, to undertake appropriate investigations or to make.
Procedure in operation at confirmation of the suspicion of salmonella
27. (1) will be the incidence of salmonella verification according to § 25 enteritidis, Salmonella typhimurium, salmonella gallinarum pullorum, salmonella infantis, salmonella virchow, salmonella hadar or salmonella arizonae infections in a facility or the corresponding outlet area confirmed that the following provisions shall apply: 1 the animals may only with the consent of the district administrative authority by means of notification and be spent only for the following purposes of the concerned building : a) killing and destruction in accordance with the relevant regulations concerning the rendering or b) slaughter of clinically healthy poultry at a slaughterhouse designated by the district administrative authority under official supervision in accordance with § 13 of meat examination regulation, Federal Law Gazette II No. 109/2006; the responsible for the slaughterhouse official or approved veterinarian in terms of food safety and Consumer Protection Act (LMSVG), Federal Law Gazette I no. 13/2005, amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 135/2006, is by this decision at least three days prior to the shipment in knowledge to use; RMS, a confirmation in accordance with article 38, paragraph 2 shall be provided.
2. nuclei eggs out of the concerned building are no. 141/2003, I either in accordance with the relevant provisions of Regulation (EC) no 1069/2009 and the animal materials Act (TMG), BGBl. harmless to eliminate or to appropriate marking under supervision to one for the production and treatment of egg to spend approved establishment; they are there to meet the requirements of Regulation (EC) No. 853/2004 with specific hygiene rules for food of animal origin (OJ L 139 of 30 4 2004, S. 55, last amended by Regulation (EC) No. 2076/2005, OJ No. L 338 of 22 12 2005) and the Regulation (EC) to undergo no 1069/2009 of heat treatment.
3. in flocks, which are for keeps in the same premises and where the studies not to be suspected according to the articles 19 to 21, 1 distance can be taken with the consent of the district administrative authority by means of notification of measures within the meaning of the Z, if the veterinarian care or the care veterinarian confirms that the concerned herds due to their structure, their size and their functions with regard to accommodation , Housing, care and feeding represent completely separate production units, so that the relevant infection is a herd to another can spread. As well, 2 may be waived by the balls of the herds referred to in the first sentence of the measures of the Z If is also at these operations ensures that no contamination with infected materials or mixed with eggs infected flocks can be.
(2) after removal of salmonella enteritidis, Salmonella typhimurium, salmonella gallinarum-pullorum, salmonella infantis, salmonella virchow, salmonella hadar or in turkeys salmonella arizonae infected stocks from the premises is this a thorough cleaning and disinfection according to the procedures laid down by the official veterinarian in accordance with section 9, paragraph 2 to undergo. Restocking with chicken is to make sure that this complies with the conditions of article 15.
(3) article 34 applies for hatching eggs from a flock where the suspicion of an infection is confirmed, delivered in a hatchery.
(4) on the basis of the results of investigations under section 26 to determine of the source of the contamination the district administrative authority can set if necessary, work rules by means of notification to the prevention of new infection."
16. in article 28, paragraph 1 Z 1 is the phrase "according to § 25 ABS. 1 Z 2" is replaced by the phrase 'in accordance with § 25".
17. in article 28, paragraph 2, and article 34, paragraph 1, the word order is each "Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002" by the phrase "Regulation (EC) no 1069/2009" replaced.
18 paragraph 30 para 3:
"(3) be involved hatching eggs, chicks or young animals from third countries, so the suitability within the meaning of paragraphs 1 and 2 by a border veterinary clearance certificate under section 33 is VEVO to prove 2008."
19. in article 33 para 2 is the phrase "the 7 main units are subject to" by the phrase "drawn from the companies, according to § 13 BVO 2008 approved or in accordance with § 15 BVO 2008 registered are" replaced.
20 § 37 para 1 last sentence reads:
"Slaughter the herd in several parts of this investigation in the animals to slaughter is to repeat, if a part of the herd later than 36 days - of broiler chickens and turkeys with an age of less than a hundred days (excluding Turkey from organic farming within the meaning of Regulation (EC) No. 889/2008) will be slaughtered later than 21 days - after the sampling."
21. in article 37, paragraph 2, the phrase is "lit. a"replaced by the phrase"Z 1".
22 paragraph 5 deleted paragraph 37.
23 § 37 para 6 Z 5 is: "5. date, time and results of salmonella checks carried out pursuant to paragraph 1 or paragraph 2" 24 § 37 para 6 Z 6 is eliminated.
25 paragraph 37 paragraph 7:
"(7) the Governor has official sampling for broilers of Gallus gallus at least according to the specifications of Regulation (EU) No. 200/2012 about a Union target for the reduction of salmonella enteritidis and Salmonella typhimurium in flocks of broilers under Regulation (EC) 2160/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council (OJ No. Perform (L 71vom 9. 3. 2012, S. 31). "
26 § 38 paragraph 2 No. 4 is: "4. consignments from slaughter poultry from other States are obtained, presented a certificate that meets the requirements of the VEVO 2008 or BVO 2008."
27 § 39 para 1 subpara 1 lit. a is: "a) the sample draw is performed in accordance with section 41, paragraph 2;"
28. in § 39 para 1 subpara 1 lit. b is replaced by the phrase "two weeks prior to entering the laying phase or the laying" the phrase "in the 14 to the 18 week".
29 first before § 40 sentence is inserted the paragraph designation (1).
30 § 41 para 1 to 3 are:
"(1) all laying hen holdings, which are subject to this regulation and II are also in accordance with the marketing standards for eggs, Federal Law Gazette No. 365/2009, registered dairy establishments, must inspect each flock to salmonella in an approved laboratory can.
(2) the sampling of all laying hen flocks are at the initiative of the employer or of the holder of the care veterinarian or by the veterinarian care carry out at least every 15 weeks, where the initial sampling at the age of 22 to 26 weeks to be has.
1 herds kept in cages two collecting faecal samples of 150 g of fresh excrement are by a total of 60 points either by all droppings belts/scrapers, after pressing the removal of manure plant, or from the manure pits to remove.
2. if ground -, outdoor - or Volierhaltungen, take two pairs of boot swabs.
3. for companies with several small herds with up to 2000 animals that make a single epidemiological unit, can all flocks in different ages be sampled together be where for each flock a separate is to use few boot swabs. The required first-time sampling in the 22 up 26 weeks and a maximum interval of 15 weeks is however strictly observed in every herd. The decision or not, whether to be sampled are multiple herds as an epidemiological unit is to announce the competent district administrative authority without delay.
(3) an official sampling of laying hen flocks shall be effected at least once a year where in addition to the Z is to draw even 1 a dust sample of several representative of the housing points to 100 g 1 and 2 requirements listed in paragraph 2, or 2 samples with one or several damp wiping swabs with a total of at least 900 cm ² are taken from many places in the stable , which is to make sure that each wipe swab both sides well with dust is covered, as well as to draw 3. in every case of a collecting feces sample at 60 representative of the housing points to a total of 150 g.
On the specimens in accordance with no. 1 to 3 tests for the detection of antibiotics and anti-microbial effects in the lab are making."
31 paragraph 42:
"42. (1) If a sample in accordance with § 41 showed a positive findings on salmonella or antibiotics or anti-microbial effects, is to report this in the case of in-house control by the care veterinarian or animal doctor care, and in the case of an official control by the official veterinarian or the official veterinarian of the district administrative authority. In the case of a positive result of the investigation on antibiotics or anti-microbial effects, the Governor is immediately of any initiative within the meaning of § 13 of the residue regulation of of control, BGBl. No. 110/2006, having regard to II.
(2) If a positive result for salmonella enteritidis or Salmonella typhimurium is present, so the owner or the holder 1 has to check the hygiene measures main piece of this regulation by the care veterinarian or animal doctor care for 2 to Austria by analogy with application of the guidelines of the poultry health service log and a rehabilitation program to work out 2 on the basis of an analysis of the weak points.
(3) if by the Austrian reference laboratory for salmonella, it is confirmed that a positive result is a vaccine strain, and if no human illnesses have been associated with this root note of the competent authority, so distance can be taken of measures in the sense of para 2 and 4, however, after a period of three weeks, the herd is once again officially to be sampled.
(4) when a sample referred to in section 41 a positive findings on salmonella enteritidis or Salmonella typhimurium is or from the employer or from the farmer the provisions of this regulation are not met, it is: 1 the eggs are subject to annex II D Z 2 of Regulation (EC) No. 2160/2003 for the control of salmonella and other by food-borne zoonotic agents, OJ No L 325 of 12.12.2003, p. 1, last amended by Regulation (EU) no 1086/2011 for amending Annex II of to Regulation (EC) No. 2160/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council and of annex I of to Regulation (EC) No. 2073/2005 of the Commission as regards salmonella in fresh poultry meat OJ No. L 281 of the October 2011, S. 7.;
2. with regard to the concerned herd, Austria is in the database of the poultry health service to immediately enter the ban on the marketing of Frischeiern according to the marketing standards for eggs;
3. the competent district administrative authority has to determine the existence of the marketing ban of Frischeiern with notice to the owner or the holder and thereof having regard to put the care veterinarian or the care veterinary and food authority;
4. in the case of the exclusive detection of antibiotics or anti-microbial effects, official sampling must be repeated immediately.
(5) the district administrative authority has reasonable grounds to false positive results of the investigations according to article 41, so the marketing restriction under paragraph 4 may be lifted Z 1, if from a further immediately carried official sampling 1 a negative finding from the surveys referred to in annex II D Z 4 of Regulation (EC) No. 2160/2003 and 2 a negative test tests for the detection of antibiotics and anti-microbial effects in the laboratory from a collecting feces sample to 60 points representative of the stabling There is a total of 150 g.
(6) a reasonable suspicion according to paragraph 5 can also be the employer or are expressed by the farmer to the district administrative authority, but only if 1 the operation was affected in the preceding 24 months by the same salmonella serotype, 2. no complaint with regard to hygiene conditions has revealed the last official control according to § 14 and 3. animal health service farm surveys took place in the case of a membership in the poultry health service of official since the previous control no not resolved complaints relating to hygiene , Animal health status and management/attitude (points 2, 3 and 6 of the QGV Betriebserhebungs Protocol) have shown.
For the possibility of this suspicion following lifting the marketing restriction according to paragraph 4, paragraph 5 shall apply mutatis mutandis to Z 1.
(7) If an official sampling Gazette I no. 128/2005, the epidemiological connection with outbreaks due to infection with salmonella in humans is confirmed by during the outbreak investigations according to zoonotic law, has the district administrative authority by a decision to order a killing of the herd. Paragraph 4 shall apply to eggs from this herd until the time of the killing.
The main piece of the animal health law 2 applies (8) for the compensation of the pet owners or pet owners order a killing in accordance with para 7."
32. the 7 main piece is eliminated.
33. According to § 64 paragraph 3 the following paragraph 4 is added:
"(4) § 1 para. 3, § 2, § 7 para 1, § 9 section 2, 5 and 6, § 15 para 2, § 18, § 19 para 1, article 22, paragraph 1, sections 24 to 28, § 30 para 3, § 33 para 2, article 34, paragraph 1, article 37, paragraph 1, 2, 6 and 7, § 38 paragraph 2 Z 4, article 39, paragraph 1 Z 1, section 40 para 1, § 41 para 1 to 3" ", § 42, and Annex A and Annex B in the version of Federal Law Gazette. II No. 219/2013 into force on 1 November 2012."
34. Annex A and B are:
Approved by the Federal Minister of health laboratories for the analysis of official samples:
all approved laboratories of the AGES
State Institute for veterinary investigations Klagenfurt
The Federal Minister for Health approved laboratories for testing for Salmonella spp.:
all approved laboratories of the AGES
the laboratory of poultry clinic of the University of veterinary medicine Vienna
State Institute for veterinary investigations Klagenfurt
Sampling and sample analysis
1. examination rules for feed
According to § 26 of the poultry hygiene regulation 2007 feed on salmonella according to the specified method is suspected or if it is necessary to determine the sources of contamination, investigate:
Salmonella spp.: Investigation of 5 aliquots to each 25 grams of the concerned feed in the culture procedure using accepted methods (validated ISO method) ISO 6579, accredited laboratory.
The sampling must be done with special reference to microbial contamination in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EC) No. 152/2009.
2 Sublots by boot swab samples in soil, outdoor or Aviary attitudes:-boot swabs are commercially available absorbent fabric boots and cover the sample drawing ends the entire shoe surface including parts of the edge of the shoe. The surface of the boot swab must be moistened with a suitable diluent (E.g. with sodium chloride 0.1% that is solved 0.8% or Peptone in sterile ionized water, sterile water without additives or with any other diluent, has the authority to authorize it).
-Sample sets that are used by the poultry health service either provided sample sets available Austria or can equal equivalent sample sets to the drawing of samples used.
-After entering the barn, new plastic boots are to attract, and then create the boot swabs. These gloves must be used. The boot swabs himself must not come with disinfectant in contact.
The floor of the hutch is divided into two equal parts for the sample course. While walking around in the stall at least 100 steps with each couple boot swabs should be covered so that samples be collected in all parts, including areas with and without litter or slats, if they are securely accessible. All separate bays of stalls must be included in the sampling, outdoor areas in free-range attitudes are excluded.
-After completion of the round of samples, the boot swabs with the gloves are careful to take off, so that it does not solve adhesive material and to submit 3 Sublots at cage farms in the transport plastic bag tightly to the corresponding laboratory:
Flocks in cages two samples of each 150 g of naturally mixed faeces are all droppings belts or scrapers inside the stables after the removal of manure system to take, whereas in stages cage stalls, which are not equipped with manure belts or scrapers, at 60 different locations from the manure pit beneath the cages two samples of each 150 g of fresh mixed faeces to take are.
4. Sublots for dust cleaning swabs
One or more fabric swabs moistened with a total surface area of at least 900 cm2 can be used for dust wipe test to collect dust from various surfaces with visible dust deposits in the entire stable, taking care to make sure that each swab both sides fine dust is covered.
5. laboratory requirements
The germs to be examined are the following microbiological parameters according to the specified methods to investigate:
Culture test according to approved procedures (validated ISO/OIE method) ISO 6579 Annex D, accredited lab
Culture test according to approved procedures (validated ISO/OIE method) ISO 6579 Annex D, accredited lab
Salmonella gallinarum pullorum
Culture test according to approved procedures (validated ISO/OIE methods) accredited laboratory
Culture test according to approved procedures (validated ISO/OIE method) ISO 6579 Annex D, accredited laboratory 6. Specific provisions for the control of salmonella
(a) the samples are to be to the laboratory within 24 hours after sampling. Are delivered within 24 hours, the samples are to be stored cool. The transport of the samples can be at room temperature if avoids excessive heat (above 25 ° C) and sunlight. In the laboratory, the samples are pending the investigation, making is 48 hours after receipt and within four days after sampling, to store cool.
(b) the boot swabs and dust or dust swab must be prepared separately. The two are few boot swab or the dust swab carefully unpacked, prevent the dislodging adherent faecal material and dust himself off it, and to insert together in at least 225 ml of buffered Peptone water (BPW) which has been prewarmed to room temperature. The boot swabs or Stauptupfer must be completely immersed in Peptone water and must at least as much liquid be present, that the salmonella from the sample can move away.
To completely saturate the sample, it is to pan; then, the investigation of the pre enrichment media inoculated with the swabs using the method referred to in the table is to continue (referred to in Annex D of ISO 6579 (2002) standard).
c) other faecal material and dust samples:
The faecal samples are put together and stir thoroughly. A sub-sample of 25 grams is this mix for the purpose of placing of cultures.
225 ml BPW, that has been preheated to room temperature, the sub-sample of 25 grams are Add. Then the investigation is according to the method specified in the table (referred to in Annex D of ISO 6579 (2002) standard) to continue.
(d) by any positive findings is to send an isolate to the national reference laboratory for salmonella and to typify Kaufmann-white scheme.
(e) the strains isolated in the context of official controls shall be stored; to the later Phagotypisierung or anti-microbial susceptibility testing according to the usual methods for cultural collections the integrity of the strains for at least two years should be ensure."