236. Regulation of the Federal Minister for agriculture and forestry, environment and water management in the setting of conditions for regional quality wines with origin profiles for the Viennese mixed set of DAC (DAC regulation "Wiener mixed set")
On the basis of § 34 of the wine Act 2009, Federal Law Gazette I no. 111 in the version of Federal Law Gazette I is no. 104/2013, prescribed:
§ May 1st wine under the designation "Wiener mixed set of DAC" or "Viennese mixed set of Districtus Austriae Controllatus" without smaller geographical indication as "Vienna" in traffic be brought if he meets the requirements for quality wine, and following requirements:
1. He has to come, which complies with the conditions of set out in annex, and is planted with at least three varieties, which are jointly read and processed from a Viennese wine garden.
2. the grapes have to come that are 100% within the wine-growing area of Vienna from vineyards.
3. the largest share of variety has to be not greater than 50%, the third largest share of variety shall cover at least 10%.
4. the vineyard must be registered in the cadastre of the Viennese vine area directory as a Viennese mixed set.
5. it has to be a white wine with the indication of the crop year. The existing alcohol content is higher than 12.5% by volume. to specify on the label; the regional wine Committee Vienna can increase this value in years with special weather conditions. The wine has to comply with indicating taste "dry".
6. he may be traded only in glass bottles to the end user, unless that he should immediately be enjoyed on-site administration. Nominal sizes: 1.0 l and 2.0 l and a cap with Crown Cork are not allowed when the is placed in glass bottles. Exemptions can be granted at the request of the regional wine Committee Vienna to by this.
7. He must have no highly noticeable wood usage.
8. He is establishing Vienna in the wine region and bottling. A manufacturing and bottling outside the area is permitted only with the permission of the regional wine Committee in Vienna. Such authorization must be obtained annually and may be granted in particular, if the manufacturer's in the wine region vineyard are located in Vienna and the production of the wine in a plant of the manufacturer outside of the municipal area. For grape and wine acquisition Katastralgemeinde are to lead the real numbers and the area on the related having invoices, delivery notes and transport papers.
§ May 2nd wine under the designation of "Wiener mixed set of DAC" or "Viennese mixed set of Districtus Austriae Controllatus' with a smaller geographical indication as"Vienna"in traffic be brought if he complies with the conditions of in paragraph 1. By way of derogation from the existing alcohol content with at least 12.5% is vol. be indicated on the label and the wine must not indicating taste "dry" match. He may not be placed before the first of March of the year following the harvest to the end user.
§ 3. No counters or fancy names and no traditional information pursuant to section 1 of wine designation regulation, Federal Law Gazette may be used in a "Viennese mixed set of DAC" II No. 111/2011, as well as any other denominations.
§ 4. The terms "DAC" is on the label directly related to 'Wiener mixed set' and characters to specify that are no more than half as large as that used for the specification of "Wiener mixed set". The indication "Wiener mixed set of DAC" and the the smaller geographical indication as "Vienna" are mandatory to specify on the front label, where the smaller geographical indication as to specify "Vienna" in character, which are at most as large as that used for "Wiener mixed set" and at least as large as that used for "DAC".
§ 5. Who intends to obtain an application for the State control number for a wine named "Vienna mixed set of DAC", for the first time has this the regional wine Committee in Vienna in writing (email or fax) to communicate.
§ 6 quality wine from Vienna including the vintage 2013 may be placed also in compliance with the valid before this regulation designation rules in traffic.
§ 7. The Regional Committee reserves the right to remove a post. The amount has to establish the Committee, to the cause in the frame of which is to introduce empowerment grant, and the release of the amount in an appropriate and common in the public trade publication. The funds thus obtained are to use - after deduction of administrative costs - for the implementation of measures for the improvement of knowledge and transparency of the wine with the denomination of "Wiener mixed set of DAC".