Read the untranslated law here: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/BgblAuth/BGBLA_2013_II_274/BGBLA_2013_II_274.html
274. Decree of the Federal Minister for defence and sports on the General staff training (General staff training regulation 2013)
On reason of sections 26 to 31 and 149 para 5 of the official service law in 1979, BGBl. No. 333/1979, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 147/2013, is prescribed:
Scope of application
§ 1. This regulation lays down
1. the selection of the General staff training, 2. the General staff course, and 3. the service check for the use of Group M BO 1 with use in the service of the General staff.
2. (1) has the General staff training to provide the knowledge and skills which are necessary for the fulfilment of tasks as military leaders, experts and experts in military affairs and as coordinators and coordinators between the leadership of the armed forces in Germany, as well as to meet the requirements in the multinational force. Moreover, to ensure the necessary general and subject-specific knowledge required for Offizierinnen and officers of the General staff service profession-specific to
1 assess overall according to scientific criteria, evaluate and decide to pretend 2. define solution models develop 3 and projects Guide goals and to meet so the task as military leaders and coordinators and coordinators.
(2) the necessary knowledge obtained pursuant to paragraph 1 by
1. acquisition juncture of national and international security policy, in particular the defence policy in Austria and the European Union, 2. mediation of the principles on the control of management and organization at building economic standards as well as the respective scientific methods and techniques, in particular for establishing military procedures and structures, 3. placement of the principles on the control of the military-strategic and operational leadership, 4. acquisition of the necessary basic and special knowledge to cope with the tactical leadership of troops using the staff organization and this juncture and procedures including the methodology of training, 5 teaching of the basics of training systems and the application of the principles of training plans, to 6 teaching of principles on the functioning of international bodies and rods as well as carry out international activities of competence on the basis of the corresponding languages, 7 placement of required expertise in general management, in particular the management of the army, and 8th promoting and developing the mental and physical capacity of the course and students, as well as their ability to manage people.
Trace of the General staff education and training forms
§ 3. The General staff course lasts six semesters and includes the training subjects contained in appendices 1 and 2 (teaching and timetables). He has to take place at the National Defence Academy and is based on the interests of the service needs to hold. The General staff course has to take the qualification examination until the end of the sixth semester.
Admission requirements to the General staff course are § 4 (1)
1 successfully completed troop officer training, 2. at least six-year service as a military person of using Group M BO 2 or equivalent use Group or equivalent uses as military-VB according to § 1 para 3 No. 2 lit. d of the military service Act 2001 (WG 2001), Federal Law Gazette I no. 146, and 3. the successful completion of the selection procedure under this regulation.
(2) the time requirement of paragraph 1 Z 2 are those times to offset, where the troop officer training at the Theresian Military Academy in another use Group or military-VB as person in the training service is laid back.
(3) the admission to the General staff course is no later than a month before the start of the General staff course on the way to apply for.
Withdrawal of approval
5. (1) admission to the General staff course shall be revoked if a candidate or a candidate
1. more than a quarter of the total hours of the General staff course has failed 2. not positive second test in a test subject of the service check has completed a proposed paper was evaluated three times negative or 3 until no later than the end of the first semester of the course of the General staff has not demonstrably reached the entry level required for this course in the foreign language English or 4 no later than not demonstrably has reached the physical performance capacity to this course at the beginning of the first semester of the General staff course.
(2) in the case of para 1 No. 3 evidence of foreign-language standardized performance profile (Administration) is "3/3/3/2 +" in the English language after the applicable examination regulations for language testing in the Austrian army as a required entry level.
(3) in the case of paragraph 1, proof of the physical performance of applies Z 4 according to the applicable regulations of the service in the Austrian army as entry level required.
The candidates and candidates for the General staff training are § 6 (1) to select during a tiered selection process through the identification of personal and professional fitness for the General staff officer. The selection process has to consist of
1. the preliminary examination, 2 the selection round and 3 the entrance examination.
The preliminary examination is carried out by the joint forces command. The selection test and examination are carried out by the National Defence Academy. Participation in the selection round requires the successful completion of the competition the successful completion of the preliminary examination and the participation in the entrance examination. The places are to assign, taking into account the results of the selection procedure in accordance with the free university places.
(2) during the selection procedure must be evaluated
1 in the course of the preliminary examination knowledge from the fields of a) of tactics, including the supply, and b) of the General military knowledge, 2. in the course of the selection round knowledge from the fields of Z 1 and use teaching of means of and
3. in the course of the exam knowledge from the fields of Z 1, General knowledge and the defense technology.
(3) the assessment has to be carried out
1. in the course of the preliminary examination by a) two exam papers on topics from the fields of according to para 2 subpara 1 lit. a and b) an exam work on issues in the fields referred to in paragraph 2 No. 1 lit. b, 2. in the course of the competition by a) two exam papers on topics from the fields referred to in paragraph 2 No. 1 lit. a, b) an exam work on issues in the fields referred to in paragraph 2 No. 1 lit. b, and c) an exam work on topics from the field of usage means teaching and
3. in the course of the examination by a) two exam papers on topics from the fields of according to para 2 subpara 1 lit. a, b) an exam work on issues in the fields referred to in paragraph 2 No. 1 lit. (b, c) an exam work on topics from the field of military technology and d) an exam work on topics from the field of the Allgemeinwissens.
(4) the exam work is to hold during the tests according to paragraph 1 on each consecutive days and may not take more than five hours each.
(5) the preparation of candidates and candidates on the respective tests referred to in paragraph 1 shall be made through self-study. Notwithstanding, courses can be held to prepare the candidates and candidates for the preliminary examination and competitions. In any case, appropriate Lehrbehelfe to provide are candidates.
Section 7 (1) of the assessment are set up
1. a selection Committee at the joint forces command for the retreat works in the course of the preliminary examination, and 2. a selection Committee at the National Defence Academy for the retreat works in the course of the competition and the entrance examination.
The Minister or the Minister of national defence and sports has to order the President or the Chairman and the other members of the respective selection committees from the circle of civil servants and officials of using M BO 1 or equivalent use groups, or the comparable contract staff for a period of three years. If required, the selection committees for the rest of the respective duration of the function are to add more members.
(2) the membership of the selection Committee referred to in paragraph 1 ends with the expiry of the order or the final imposition of a disciplinary sanction or transferred abroad or leaving the service level.
(3) the selection committees have to decide each case in Senates. The current Senate has to consist of at least three members of the selection Committee. The members of the Senate shall be determined by the Chairman of the selection Committee from among the members of the selection Committee according to the technical requirements for the respective evaluation according to § 6. A member of the Senate is to entrust with the Presidency. The Senate has to decide after non-public consultation with a simple majority. An abstention is not permitted. Vote, the vote decides the or of the respective Senate Chairman.
8. (1) includes the service check the examination subjects
1 troop control I (lower tactical leadership including operational support), 2nd troop control II (medium tactical leadership including operational support), 3rd troop control III (upper tactical leadership and joint-specific logistics), 4 operational management I (basics of the planning and management of operations), 5 operational management II (application of the operational planning process), 6 security policy I (international dimensions of security policy), 7 security policy II (national dimensions of security policy and institutions), 8 strategy , 9 Austrian constitutional law including the right of the European Union, 10 military law, 11 service and pay legislation including the staff representation right, 12 international law, 13 leadership training I (basics of leadership and management-processes), 14th leadership training II (application of the leadership process and leadership skills), 15 military strategy I (basics of military-strategic management and organization) and 16 military strategy II (force planning, force deployment and force maintenance), 17 English 18 body training.
The requirement level of the exam subjects arises from the teaching content of Appendix 1.
(2) the service check is to place in exams.
(3) the tests shall be in the test subjects
1. According to paragraph 1 Nos. 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9 to 12 and 15 in writing, 2nd after para 1 Nos. 3, 5, 8, 13 and 16 oral, 3. pursuant to paragraph 1 Nos. 14 and 18 practical and 4 under par. 1 Z 17 written and oral.
(4) written tests are to hold before Einzelprüferinnen or Einzelprüfern
1. as exam works with a maximum duration of six hours or 2 in the form of seminar papers, and to correspond to the duration of a period of time for processing of the papers appropriately scheduled.
Oral examinations are to organise a test Senate. An overall assessment of the services provided in the respective examination subject so far involve is in the determination of the test result by practical tests.
(5) the candidates and candidates are to assign (audit plan) after completion of each associated with a training specialist curricula by the head or the head of the competent Institute of the National Defense Academy to the respective exams. In the case of a blameless non completion of parts of the syllabus of training compartment has to decide this head or this head on the basis of an overall assessment of the services already provided in the framework of the General staff course on the allocation to other training subjects. This Z 1 remains on the revocation of the approval also applies to or not completing of a test subject's entire syllabus, assigned to a training specialist according to paragraph of 1 article 5, paragraph 1 without prejudice.
(6) no later than the end of the fourth semester, a plan exercise on the subject of "Big Association, including operational support" is by the candidates and candidates as house work and evaluate through Einzelprüferinnen or Einzelprüfer. While the candidates and candidates have to prove that they are able to create a such plan exercise and to present. The captain or the Commander of the General staff course can set the development of domestic work according to their size and the requirement level to be achieved as a collaboration of several candidates and candidates. This is to ensure through appropriate organisational measures in any case can be a separate assessment of the candidates and candidates.
(7) no later than the end of the sixth semester military is a work by the candidates and candidates each as housework to be worded and evaluate through Einzelprüferinnen or Einzelprüfer. The theme of this work is by the Chairman or the Chairman of the examination Board at the beginning of the third semester in accordance with business requirements to set. Based on the above work, the candidates and candidates have to prove that they are able to edit a topic with scientific methods.
(8) not passed exams in the subjects of the examination referred to in paragraph 1 may be repeated twice. The retries are to allow each period of three months. This also applies to failed chores according to paragraph 6.
(9) section 8 relating to repeat tests is chores according to par. 7 provided to apply, that repeats this House work within six months are to enable.
9. (1) the examination Board is to set up in the Central Office of the Federal Ministry for defence and sports and has to consist of
1. the Chief or the Chief of staff as President or Chairman, and 2. the required number of additional members.
(2) the other members are to order BO from the circle of officials and officials of the use of Group M 1 or equivalent use groups, or the comparable contract staff or any other person recognised in the corresponding test specialist for a period of five years. If necessary, the examination Board for the rest of the respective functional life is to add more members.
(3) the examiners and Auditors the rechtskundig in § 8 par. 1 Z 9 to 12 indicated examination subjects must be.
(4) the examination Senate has to consist of at least three members of the examination Board. Presenters are preferably taken into account. Anyway, an official or an official of the use of Group M BO 1 or H 1 with use in general staff service to entrust is with the Presidency of the Senate. Vote, the vote decides the or of the respective Senate Chairman. For reasons of expediency, the respective Chairmen can rearrange that individual reviews of oral exam in the subjects of the examination have to be taken under article 8(1) by a single member of the examination Board.
§ 10 (1) the successful completion of the General staff training is considered according to the provisions in force at the time of the conclusion of the respective successfully completed of the General staff training according to this regulation.
(2) the successful completion of the selection procedure is considered successful completion of the selection procedure under this regulation of regulation force until the expiration of the September 30, 2013.
Germany and non-force
11. (1) this regulation with 1 October 2013 enter into force.
(2) with expiration of the September 30, 2013 shall Ordinance of the Federal Minister of Defence General staff training, Federal Law Gazette II No. 42/2007, except force.
Search Translated Laws of Austria