18 regulation of the Federal Minister for agriculture and forestry, environment and water management on fruit wines (Obstweinverordung)
On the basis of §§ 35, 36 and 37 para. 1 of the wine Act 2009, Federal Law Gazette I. No. 111, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 189/2013, is prescribed:
Definitions and treatments
§ 1 definitions for products of the fruit wine area:
1. "Obstdessertwein" is with alcohol or brandy, sugar, fruit juice or fruit juice concentrate displaced cider which per litre, the alcohol into sugar equivalent, more than 260 g / l of sugar and at least 13.0% vol. Alcohol, but no more than 22.0% vol. Contains alcohol.
2. "Flavoured fruit wine" is a drink obtained from fruit wine, whose existing alcohol content expressed at least 13.0% vol., maximum 22.0% vol. is, and has been subjected to an Aromatization using flavors, Würzkräutern, or taste the food. In addition, fruit juice, concentrated fruit juice, alcohol, brandy and sugar may be added to; the basic share of fruit wine must be at least 75%.
3. a "flavoured cider carbonated drink" is a drink obtained from fruit wine, whose existing alcohol content expressed at least 1,2% vol., but less than 13.0% vol. is, and has been subjected to an Aromatization using flavors, Würzkräutern, or taste the food. In addition, fruit juice, concentrated fruit juice, carbonation and sugar may be added to; the basic share of fruit wine must be at least 50%.
4. "Cider" is a drink made from a mixture of fruit juice with fruit wine of same whether main group, up to 5% vol. and has an excess of carbon dioxide pressure of not more than 2.5 bar at 20 ° C; the alcohol content, including the remaining sugar converted to alcohol, may 8% vol. do not exceed.
5. "Obstperlwein" is cider, which an existing alcohol content of at least 5%. and in closed containers of at least 1.0 bar and not more than 2.5 bar at 20 ° C has an excess of carbon dioxide pressure.
6. "Perry" is foaming fruit wine, which by alcoholic fermentation of fruit juice or second alcoholic fermentation of fruit wine or by additional won of carbonic acid and is characterized by escaping carbon dioxide when the container is opened. The carbon dioxide pressure in closed containers at 20 ° C must be at least 3.0 bar.
7. a "cider carbonated drink" is a drink that was produced from fruit wine, and possibly with the addition of carbonic acid, sugar, fruit juice, fruit juice, or water (mineral water or drinking water), which contain levels of existing alcohol of at least 1,2% vol. and has a basic fruit wine share of at least 50%.
Section 2 (1) for the treatment of core cider is allowed:
1. the blending of Apple with PEAR wine, 2. setting to sugar, fruit juice or fruit juice from fruit or rectified concentrated grape must to the extent that the existing including converted to alcohol, about remaining sugar (total alcohol content) from 8% vol.. for sale to the consumer not exceeded, where also a residual sweetness award by up to 25 g / l is allowed, and 3. the routes of the mash, the juice or the Obstweines by adding water to the extent that the entire sugar-free extract less the titratable acidity, expressed as Malic acid, of the finished drink at least 12 grams per litre and alcohol content, including the approximately remaining sugar converted to alcohol , at least 4% vol. amounts.
(2) for the treatment of stone fruit - and berry - fruit wines is allowed:
1. the routes of the mash, the juice and the Obstweines by adding water to the extent that the entire sugar-free extract less the titratable acidity, expressed as Malic acid, of the finished drink at least 12 grams per litre and alcohol content, including the still existing sugar converted to alcohol, at least 4% vol. is and 2 placing to sugar, fruit juice or fruit juice of the same Obstart(en) or the same whether starting groups and rectified concentrated grape must to the extent that the dough is not more than 13% vol. Total alcohol contains, and 3. dyeing on the inherently red berries and stone obstweines with fresh pomace or the juice of the same whether main group (§ 12).
(3) for the production of Obstdessertwein, Obstperlwein, and flavoured cider, Perry, fruit wines may with sugar or fruit juice concentrate in higher than marked extent be put into paragraphs 1 and 2.
Designation of fruit wine
Names of individual products in the area of fruit wine
§ 3 (1) with regard to the classification according to whether starting groups is the core cider as "Cider", "Self-produced" or "Most" to refer to stone fruit wine as "Stone fruit wine" and wine as "Wine". Instead of the designation of whether group a composition of the word 'Wine', for fruit can also 'most', called stepping used species for the production. The label is to give wine used species in conjunction with the word when using other fruit. The word wine may not by the species (-Group) are separated and must in characters same type, specify color and size. Cider, made from several whether starting groups, is be called fruit wine. If you specify of the used fruits, these are according to their volume share in descending order in characters of to specify color and size in same way.
(2) Obstdessertwein, flavoured fruit, wine or flavoured cider carbonated drink are as "Obstdessertwein", to denote "flavoured cider" or "flavoured cider carbonated drink". The designation "flavoured cider carbonated drink" can an existing alcohol content up to 7.0% vol. "flavoured cider cocktail" or "flavoured fruit wine cocktail" be replaced by the designation "flavoured fruit wine-containing cocktail". The indication of the species used to produce can be added to the labels. Obstdessertwein can be described as a fruit dessert wine. The term "Hot apple cider" may replace the sales description 'aromatized fruit wine-containing beverages' or complement, if the flavouring is mostly done with cinnamon and cloves. The designation "Obstwermut" should replace the denomination at flavoured cider or complement, if its characteristic aroma is achieved by using suitable, in particular from Artemisia species derived substances that must always be used.
(3) cider is called "Cider" or "Cider". Obstperlwein must be regarded as "Obstperlwein", fruit sparkling wine as "Perry", stone Perry as a "stone - sparkling wine" and Berry sparkling wine as "Berry sparkling wine" or after the species used to produce in conjunction with the word "Sparkling" or "Sparkling wine". The term ' fruit sparkling wine ', for Obstperlwein the term "Sparkling fruit wine", is allowed for all kinds of fruit sparkling wines. The name "Champagne" is not allowed. In addition of carbon dioxide, the term is "laced with carbon dioxide" to install. A cider carbonated drink is called "cider carbonated drink". This name can by one of the denominations "Self-produced (cider, most) injected" or "g ´ g'spritzter semi-fermented (cider, most)" be replaced if the drink at least 50% consists of fruit wines, as well as water and carbon dioxide. The term "mixed with carbon dioxide" shall be indicated.
General name regulations
§ 4 (1) must not be fruit wine with misleading labels, notes, other information or put up be brought, introduced or carried out in traffic or made the subject of advertising. Not permitted are notes that are likely to give the impression of a traditionally rural production, falsely. In fruit wine labels that indicate a particularly restorative powers such as "Health cider" or "Strengthening fruit wine", terms such as "nature", "real", "pure", "Alternatively" and Word connections with these are not allowed. In addition, 2000/13/EC is the directive on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the labelling and advertising of foodstuffs, as well as the advertising of cases, OJ No. L 109 of the 6.5.2000, to match.
(2) the specification of whether starting groups is permitted only if the product 100% made from specified whether starting group. A species or variety is permitted only if the product to at least 85% was made from the species specified for each or variety; Providing several fruit crops or varieties is permitted only if the product has been manufactured exclusively from these. A vintage is permitted, if the used fruits at least 85% has been harvested in the year, whose giving is intended. Cider, which is equipped with an origin, varietal or vintage label, may be marketed under these names on the market only if they are detectable in the registers.
(3) fruit wine has also to comply with requirements of the following designation:
1 fruit wine, used in containers with a nominal volume of up to 60 l in traffic has the name or company name of the manufacturer, bottler, or other marketing attendee, when imported stock anyway, the name or the business name of the importer, as well as the municipality or town and the State, where or in which he is established in the labelling , to contain.
2. in the indication of the name or company name is the business level of this persons with corresponding terms such as "Bottler", "bottled for...", "Bottled by...", "manufacturer", "made by...", "Producer", "sales", "Seller", "Importer" or "imported by..." to play.
(4) in the case of fruit wines are a lot marking and - with a total content of sulphur dioxide by more than 10 mg / l - the note "contains sulphites", as well as other obligatory instructions to other allergens to specify additives.
Taste the following are § 5 (1) at fruit wine allowed:
1. extra dry: if its sugar content does not exceed 4 grams per litre;
2. dry: if its sugar content does not exceed the following values: 4 g per liter or 9 grams per litre, provided that the acid content (g / l of ECT acidity expressed as tartaric acid) is not lower than the residual sugar content;
3. semi-dry: if its sugar content exceeds the aforementioned limit and no more than 18 grams per litre;
4. lovely, semisweet: if its sugar content is between 18 and 45 grams per litre;
5. sweet: if its sugar content is over 45 grams per litre.
(2) specifying g/l residual sugar is also allowed.
Actual alcoholic strength
§ 6 (1) in fruit wine is the existing alcohol volume percentage on the label up to not more than one decimal place to specify.
(2) the existing alcoholic strength is in numbers to specify, if the nominal volume
1 to 20 cl at least 2 mm, 2. 20 to 100 CL at least 5 mm high must be 100 cl of at least 3 mm and 3.
(3) without prejudice to the tolerance limits resulting from the analytical methods used for the determination of the alcohol content, the specified content of existing alcohol vol must the content established by the analysis by no more than 1.0%. above or below. The tolerance that is intended for application of the reference method may be not included in the indication of the alcohol content in the course of the labelling; She is however to take into account when assessing the marketability of the competent authority
(4) if the value of that corresponds to the actual alcoholic strength, the symbol '% vol.' is to attach. The words "actual alcoholic strength", 'existing alcohol' or the abbreviation "alc." this claim may be prefixed.
§ 7 (1) for fruit wine is the nominal volume in hectolitre (hl), liter (l), on the label to specify Centiliters (cl) or millilitres (ml) in digits with subsequent naming of the used unit of volume.
(2) the indication of the nominal volume must be in numerals with a nominal volume of
1. over 20 cl at least 4 mm and 2 at least 6 mm high must be over 100 cl 100 cl.
Colours and sweeteners
8. (1) when stock is on the label the use of dyes to indicate, when the production dyes within the meaning of Regulation (EC) no 1333/2008 on food additives (OJ No. L 354 of 31.12.2008, p. 16) were used.
(2) in Apple and PEAR wine is on the label on the use of artificial sweeteners to point out when the production sweetener within the meaning of Regulation (EC) no 1333/2008 on food additives (OJ No. L 354 of 31.12.2008, p. 16) were used.
Visual field control
9. mandatory § are
1. together in the same field of vision, either on one or on several labels pasted on the container or directly on the container itself to install and 2 in easily readable, indelible and sufficiently large characters to install so, that they clearly stand out from the background on which they are printed, as well as all other written information and picture characters.
§ 10 fruit wine destined for export, must be labeled in breach of the provisions of community and national designation, as required by the legislation of the corresponding third country.
Production of fruit wine
Following oenological practices are section 11 (1) for the production of fruit wine allowed:
a) aeration or the addition of oxygen;
b) introduction of nitrogen;
(c) thermal treatment;
d) centrifuging and filtration, with or without inert filter AIDS, if they leave undesirable residues in the treated product;
(e) use of carbon dioxide, argon or nitrogen, also mixed so that an inert atmosphere is produced and treated the product from air;
(f) addition of carbon dioxide, if the carbon dioxide content of the treated Obstweines not more than 2 g / l. Cider, Obstperlwein, Perry, flavoured fruit wine-containing beverages and fruit wine-containing beverages, the addition to a higher extent is permitted;
g) use of sulphur dioxide, also potassium Disulfite or Kaliumbisulfit or Kaliummetabisulfit, Kaliumpyrosulfit called up to a maximum of 50 mg / l of free SO2 and 200 mg / l total SO2 for sale to the consumer;
h) addition of sorbic acid or potassium sorbate provided that the final content of the treated product marketed for direct human consumption in transport of sorbic acid does not exceed 200 mg / l;
(i) addition of L-Ascorbic acid;
(j) addition of citric acid;
(k) addition of Malic acid or lactic acid;
l) addition of tartaric acid and calcium carbonate, for the purpose of neutralisation using the procedure of "improved double salt deacidification;"
(m) the addition of sugar, caramel or caramel, rectified concentrated grape must and lysozyme;
(n) use of wine yeasts;
(o) the use of the following techniques to promote the formation of yeast: addition of diammonium phosphate or ammonium sulphate up to a limit of each 0.3 g / l;
Addition of ammonium sulphite or Ammoniumbisulfit up to a limit of each 0.2 g / l.
Without prejudice to the abovementioned limit of 0.2 g / l, these products can be used together up to a total limit of 0.3 g / l;
Addition of Thiaminium Dichlorhydrat up to a limit value expressed in Thiaminium 0.6 mg / l;
(p) treatment with active carbon up to the limit of 100 g / hl;
(q) use of Polyvynilpolypyrrolidon up to the limit of 80 g / hl;
(r) use of copper sulphate to the removal of a flavouring or representing the Obstweines up to the limit of 1 g / hl, if the copper content of the treated product does not exceed 1 mg / l;
(s) use of lactic acid bacteria;
t) use of potassium Hexacyanoferrate;
(u) use of Calziumalginat or Kaliumalginat for the making of sparkling wines in Flaschengärverfahren where the Enthefung is provided by disgorging;
v) clarification by one or more of the following substances: edible gelatin, isinglass, casein and Kaliumkaseinate, animal protein, bentonite, silicon dioxide, in the form of gel or colloidal solution, kaolin Earth, tannin, pectolytic enzymes, and plant proteins, w) yeast bark preparations, using x) use of gum Arabic and dimethyl Dicarbonate (DMDC).
(2) in addition, no 1333/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2008 on food additives (colourings, sweeteners and other food additives) to meet is the requirements of Regulation (EC).
(3) the requirements of the application criteria, limits, composition and purity criteria of the used treatments are those that apply to treatments of grape wine.
Whether starting groups
§ 12. The individual fruits belong to following whether starting groups:
1. fruit: Apple, pear, quince, 2 stone fruit: cherries, apricot, Nectarine, peach, Vistula, all types of plums and plum -, 3. berries: BlackBerry, strawberry, Blueberry, raspberry, elderberry, red currant, black currant, white currant, gooseberry.
4. all other fruit trees are among the other fruit.
§ 13. Who produces fruit wine to an extent that goes beyond the coverage of the equity requirement, has this federal Winery inspection stating name, address, number and the amount of fruit wine, produced in the year of the message to be communicated.
Product specification of fruit wine without further geographical indication
Section 14 (1) has fruit wine, which is referred to with any smaller geographical indication as "Austria", in addition to the General legal requirements to comply with the following requirements:
1. the content of volatile acids, expressed as acetic acid, may be no more than 1.0 g / l.
2. the content of ECT acidity, expressed as tartaric acid, has to be at least 4,0 g / l.
3. the content of existing alcohol has at least 1,2% vol. to be.
In the case of translation to sugar, fruit juice, fruit juice concentrate or rectified concentrated grape must, the total alcoholic strength at core cider must not more than 8% vol. and when stone fruit wine and wine not exceeding 13% vol. amount, and also an increase in the residual sugar up to 25 g / l is allowed.
5. in the case of translation to water, the total alcoholic strength by volume has at least 4% vol. and the sugar-free extract less the titratable acidity, expressed as Malic acid to be at least 12 g / l.
6 fruit wine must produced from fruit juice that is made from juice concentrate, if he is so marked.
(2) the fruit comes exclusively from Austria, the origin can be specified in connection with the sales description; Terms such as "Austrian cider" or "Austrian self-produced" are allowed. If the fruit is not only from Austria, and only more of the Obstweines in Austria is produced, is only an indication of the production in Austria, such as "made in Austria" or "produced in Austria" allowed, if not a false impression with regard to the fruit ('primary ingredient') is brought in the overall context of the presentation; Information that link the origin with the denomination, are inadmissible in this case as "Product from Austria".
Product specification of fruit wine with the indication of the country of Federal
§ 15 (1) has fruit wine, which is referred to with a federal State as obligatory geographical indication, in addition to the General legal requirements to comply with the following requirements:
1. the content of volatile acids, expressed as acetic acid, may be no more than 0.8 grams per litre.
2. the content of ECT acidity, expressed as tartaric acid, has to be at least 5.0 grams per litre.
3. the content of existing alcohol has at least 5.0% vol. to be. .
4. no water added; in the case of translation to sugar, fruit juice, fruit juice concentrate or rectified concentrated grape must, the total alcoholic strength at core cider must not more than 8% vol. and when stone fruit wine and wine not exceeding 13% vol. amount, and also an increase in the residual sugar up to 25 g / l is allowed.
5. the fruit wine has to have the corresponding to the description and typical nature and to be free from defects in appearance, smell and taste.
6. no added artificial sweeteners and artificial dyes.
7. no production from concentrate.
(2) the fruits have to come exclusively from the specified State or adjacent political districts. A smaller geographical area is permitted if the apples or pears come exclusively from the specified area. The production has to be in the specified State or an adjacent political districts, in the case of Perry or Obstperlwein in the specified or an adjacent State.
Product specification of quality fruit wine
Section 16 (1) is quality fruit wine with a smaller geographical indication as to refer to the State and may be used only with a State control number in traffic. He has to meet the conditions for fruit wine with the indication of a State; derogation, the content of volatile acids, must be not more than 0.6 g per litre expressed as acetic acid. A sample of the Obstweines by the Bundesamt für Weinbau in iron city or federal College and Federal Office for viticulture and Pomology at Klosterneuburg following investigations must be subjected to the obtaining of State control number:
Actual alcoholic strength
Total dry extract
Total sugars (glucose + fructose)
Non-sugar extract content
Titratable acidity (expressed as apples and wine acid)
Free and total sulphurous acid
Costs of examination: 60 points = € 72 (score: € 1.20).
(2) the fruits have to come exclusively from the specified smaller geographical area. The production has to be carried out in the specified state.
Quality fruit wine g.U or g.g.A.
§ 17. Quality fruit wine must in conjunction with the denomination of a protected designations of origin or a protected geographical indication under regulation 1151/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the 21.11.2012 of quality schemes for agricultural products and foodstuffs (OJ L 343 of the 14.12.2012, p. 1) be warned if is registered as protected designations of origin or protected geographical indication in accordance with this regulation and the quality of fruit wine corresponds to the requirements of this regulation.
§ 18. Products labeled prior to the entry into force of this regulation, that match the relevant provisions prior to the entry into force of this regulation, may be marketed until exhaustion of stocks.