55. Federal law that modifies the ORF Act
The National Council has decided:
Change of the ORF law
The Federal law on the Austrian Broadcasting (ORF-Gesetz, ORF-G), BGBl. No. 379/1984, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 23/2014 is amended as follows:
1. in article 31, the following paragraph 17a is inserted:
"(17a) on the case, that the Austrian Broadcasting in a calendar year is less than EUR 8 million to achieve the objective of the film/television agreement concluded between the Austrian Film Institute and the Austrian radio available, has the GIS fees Info Service GmbH by the Austrian Film Institute until announced on 31 January of the following year difference in this year of the amounts withheld for the Austrian radio as program fee to retain and up to 30 April the blocked account (§ 39 c) disposed." The use of these funds shall be determined according to paragraph 5. The Audit Commission (§ 40) has separately to assess compliance with this provision and to report to the regulatory authority."
2. in article 36, paragraph 1, no. 3 lit. (b) is replaced the phrase "31 c and 39 to 39 b" by the phrase "31 paragraph 17a, 31 c and 39 to 39 b".
3. in § 39c is after the phrase "pursuant to § 31 para 6", the phrase "article 31 paragraph 17a," added.
4. paragraph 49 15 the following paragraph is added:
"(15) § 31 para 17a, § 36 para 1 No. 3 lit. b and § 39 c in the version of Federal Law Gazette I 55/2014 will take no. 1 August 2014 effect and apply for the first time on the calendar year 2014."