55. Federal Act to amend the ORF Act
The National Council has decided:
Amendment of the ORF Act
The Federal Act on Austrian Broadcasting (ORF-Law, ORF-G), BGBl. No 379/1984, as last amended by the Federal Law BGBl. I n ° 23/2014 is amended as follows:
(1) The following paragraph 17a is inserted in § 31:
" (17a) In the event that the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation has received less than EUR 8 million in a calendar year in order to achieve the objective of the film/television agreement concluded between the Austrian Film Institute and the Austrian Radio Broadcasting Corporation (Österreichische Filminstitut) and the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation (Österreichische Rundfunk) The GIS fees Info Service GmbH has been provided by the Austrian Film Institute up to the 31. The amount of the difference announced in January of the following year shall be retained in the following year by the amounts raised for the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation as a programme fee and shall be transferred to the blocking account (§ 39c) by 30 April. The use of these funds shall be determined in accordance with paragraph 5. The Examination Commission (§ 40) has to examine the compliance with this provision separately and to report to the regulatory authority. "
2. In § 36 paragraph 1 Z 3 lit. b becomes the phrase "31c and 39 to 39b" through the phrase "31 (17a), 31c and 39 to 39b" replaced.
3. In § 39c, after the word order "pursuant to § 31 (6)," the phrase "§ 31 (17a)," inserted.
(4) The following paragraph 15 is added to § 49:
" (15) § 31 para. 17a, § 36 para. 1 Z 3 lit. b and § 39c in the version of the Federal Law BGBl. I No. 55/2014 shall enter into force on 1 August 2014 and shall be applied for the first time in the calendar year 2014. "