236. Regulation of the Minister of health of other production and conditions of use of food additives (additives framework regulation)
On the basis of § 6 of the food safety and Consumer Protection Act - LMSVG, Federal Law Gazette I no. 13/2006, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 67/2014, is prescribed:
§ 1 nitrite curing salt is a solely consisting of salt and sodium or potassium nitrite uniform mixture (expressed as NaNO2) containing not more than 0.6 and at least 0.4 percentages NaNO2 or KaNO2.
Production of salt and nitrite mixes
2. (1) nitrite may in plants that produce food, neither spent nor kept in these establishments or be stored. This prohibition does not apply to the movement of sodium and potassium nitrite in plants that produce salt-nitrite compounds or mixtures of salt substitute nitrite. Salt-nitrite compounds or mixtures of salt substitute nitrite may however are not produced in factories, produce the food salt nitrite compounds may be added to that.
(2) the nitrites that is specific to the manufacture of salt-nitrite compounds or mixtures of salt substitute nitrite must be kept in a special, enclosed by solid walls, dry and lockable space in which there are no other food, and weighed.
(3) the nitrites that is specific to the manufacture of salt-nitrite compounds or mixtures of salt substitute nitrite may be placed only in dense, firm and well sealed containers or permanent servings on the market.
(4) salt / nitrite blends or mixtures of salt substitute nitrite may be manufactured only in such spaces are used exclusively for this purpose. Other foods may be not made in these rooms or kept.
(5) the / the Hersteller/in of salt-nitrite compounds or mixtures of salt substitute nitrite this has LMSVG LMSVG internally by the Agency pursuant to section 65, by a research institution in accordance with section 72 or one according to § 73 LMSVG authorized person its composition to examine or to have examined batches. At least every third month is a sample of one of the above investigation authorities or persons to be examined. These investigations are to keep accurate records, to keep the five years in operation and at the request of the competent authority (Governor pursuant to § 24 LMSVG) to present are.
§ 3. Who intends to produce salt-nitrite compounds or mixtures of salt substitute nitrite, has this to the competent authority (Governor pursuant to § 24 LMSVG) to sign.
Entry into force
§ 4. This Regulation shall enter into force 13 December 2014.