236. Ordinance of the Federal Minister of Health on other conditions for the production and use of additives (additional substances framework regulation)
On the basis of § 6 of the Food Safety and Consumer Protection Act-LMSVG, BGBl. I n ° 13/2006, as last amended by the Federal Law BGBl. I No 67/2014, shall be arranged:
§ 1. Nitrite peelate salt is a uniform mixture consisting exclusively of salt and sodium or potassium nitrite, which is at most 0.6 and at least 0.4% NaNO 2 and/or KaNO 2 (calculated as NaNO 2 ) .
Preparation of salt-nitrite mixtures
§ 2. (1) Nitrites may not be used in establishments producing food or stored or stored in such establishments. This prohibition shall not apply to the bringing of sodium and potassium nitrite into establishments producing salt-nitrite mixtures or salt-set-nitrite mixtures. However, salt-nitrite mixtures or salt-substitute nitrite mixtures may not be produced in establishments which produce food to which salt-nitrite mixtures may be added.
(2) Nitrites intended for the production of salt-nitrite mixtures or salt-set-nitrite mixtures must be present in a special, dry and closable space enclosed by solid walls, in which there are no other food products; is kept and weighed.
(3) The nitrites intended for the production of salt-nitrite mixtures or salt-set-nitrite mixtures may only be placed on the market in dense, solid and well-sealed containers or permanent envelopes.
(4) Salt-nitrite mixtures or salt-set-nitrite mixtures may only be produced in such spaces which serve exclusively for this purpose. Other foods may not be produced or stored in these rooms.
(5) The manufacturer (s) of salt-nitrite mixtures or salt-set-nitrite mixtures has these operating sinters from the agency according to § 65 LMSVG, from an investigative institution according to § 72 LMSVG or by a person authorized pursuant to § 73 LMSVG. to examine the composition of its composition in batches or to be examined. At least every third month, a sample shall be examined by one of the said investigative bodies or persons. Detailed records shall be kept of these studies, shall be kept for five years in the holding and shall be presented at the request of the competent authority (Governor of the Land according to § 24 LMSVG).
§ 3. Anyone who intends to produce salt-nitrite mixtures or salt-set-nitrite mixtures has to report this to the competent authority (provincial governor according to § 24 LMSVG).
entry into force
§ 4. This Regulation shall enter into force on 13 December 2014.