Read the untranslated law here: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/BgblAuth/BGBLA_2014_II_264/BGBLA_2014_II_264.html
264. Ordinance of the Federal Minister for science, research and industry about the limitation of the emission of air pollutants from foundries 2014 (foundry regulation 2014 - GießV 2014)
On the basis of § 82 par. 1 of the Gewerbeordnung 1994 - GewO 1994, BGBl. No. 194, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 125/2013 and as amended by the proclamations of the municipality BGBl. I no. 202/2013, Federal Law Gazette I no. 212/2013 and Gazette I no. 60/2014, in agreement with the Federal Minister of agriculture and forestry, prescribed environmental and water management:
§ 1. This Regulation shall apply for approval and in accordance with article 8 for already approved foundries (§ 2 No. 1).
§ 2. For this regulation, the following definitions shall apply:
1 foundries are commercial operating systems, where cast iron goods are made of metal.
2. emission limit values are set maximum permissible values of the emitted substances linked to certain measurement and operating conditions after the State of the art (section 71a GewO 1994).
Limitation of emissions of
Foundries are § 3 (1) to operate, so that air pollutant emissions by reducing their mass concentrations and or or their mass flows are kept as low as possible and that in the following emission limits in accordance with § 4 the following plant components (§ 2 Z 2) not be exceeded:
1 Foundry furnaces for steel or cast iron a) like emissions from a mass flow of 0.20 kg / h or more 20 mg / m3 b) carbon monoxide (CO) at hot wind cupola 1000 mg / m3 c) organic substances, stated as total carbon 50 mg / m3 2. Foundry furnaces for aluminium a) like emissions in the exhaust gas of the furnaces at a mass flow of 0.20 kg / h or more 20 mg / m3 b) chlorine (when the refining) 3 mg / m3 c) organic substances , expressed as total carbon 50 mg / m3 3. Foundry furnaces for lead a) like emissions from a mass flow of 0.20 kg / h or more 5 mg / m3 b) organic substances, stated as total carbon 50 mg / m3 4. Foundry furnaces for zinc a) like emissions from a mass flow of 0.20 kg / h or more 10 mg / m3 5. Foundry furnaces for other metals a) like emissions from a mass flow of 0.20 kg / h or more 20 mg / m3 b) Organics , expressed as total carbon 50 mg / m3 6 furnaces or heat treatment furnaces for metals in foundries, as far as paragraph 5 not determined otherwise, a) like emissions from a mass flow of 0.20 kg / h or more 20 mg / m3 b) nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2), indicated as nitrogen dioxide (NO2), when a furnace room temperature less than 800 ° C 350 mg / m3 c) organic substances, stated as total carbon 50 mg / m3 7 parts for sand preparation , Mould construction as well as for brushing and cleaning of castings a) like emissions from a mass flow of 0.20 kg / h or more 20 mg / m3 b) organic substances, stated as total carbon, taking into account the mass flows in the Appendix 1 to the classes 1, 2 and 3 split up organic substances, and also in the presence of several substances of same class therein limits not be exceeded may 8 plant components for the core production and for the foundries, and not Z 1-Z 7 falling parts for other workspaces a) like emissions from a mass flow of 0.20 kg / h or more 20 mg / m3 b) organic substances, stated as total carbon, taking into account the mass flows for in Appendix 1 for the classes 1, 2 and 3 split up organic substances, and also in the presence of several substances of same class therein limits not be exceeded may c) amine 5 mg / m3 9.
Sub Z 1 falling to Z 8 parts in Z 1-Z 8 each not other is determined, a) organic substances, stated as total carbon, aa) amine bb 10 mg / m3) cc (a) pyrene at a mass flow of 0.5 g / h or more 0.05 mg / m3) benzene in a mass flow of 5 g / h or more...
5 mg/m3 dd) phenol, formaldehyde in a mass flow of 0.1 kg / h or more total...
20 mg/m3 b) gaseous emissions aa) inorganic chlorine compounds, indicated as hydrogen chloride (HCl), bb at a mass flow of 0.3 kg / h or more 30 mg / m3) inorganic fluorine compounds, indicated as hydrogen fluoride (HF), at a mass flow of 50 g / h or more on composite casting 5 mg / m3, otherwise 3 mg / m3 cc) sulphur oxides, expressed as sulphur dioxide (SO2), with a mass flow of 5 kg / h or more - in gas - and oil-heated Foundry furnaces...
300 mg / m3 - Foundry furnaces heated with solid fuels...
dd 350 mg/m3) nitrogen oxides, indicated as nitrogen dioxide (NO2), with a mass flow of 5 kg / h or more...
350 mg/m3 ee) cyanide, specified as HCN, at a mass flow of 25 g / h or more 3 mg / m3 c) emissions in steam and or or particle form aa) easily soluble antimony, chromium, copper, manganese, vanadium and Tin including their connections and fluoride (as NaF), specified as an element, and cyanide easily soluble (eg NaCN), specified as CN, bb total 2 mg / m3) lead , Cobalt, nickel, selenium, and tellurium including their connections, specified as an element, cc total 1 mg / m3) Mercury and thallium including their connections, specified as an element, dd each 0.05 mg / m3) total all subject to sublit. AA to cc substances ee 2 mg / m3) arsenic and its compounds (except arsenic hydrogen), cadmium and its compounds and chromium (VI) compounds (except barium chromate and lead chromate), indicated as item, total 0,05 mg / m3 (2) the holder of the operating system because of their content of volatile organic compounds chemicals regulation 1999, substances and mixtures, Federal Law Gazette II No. 81 / 2000, amended , or of Regulation (EC) no 1272/2008 on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, amending and repealing directives 67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC and amending Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006, OJ No. L 353 of 31.12.2008 p. 1, as amended by corrigendum, OJ No. L 16 of the 20.01.2011 p. 1, as last amended by Regulation (EC) No. 944/2013, OJ To label No. L 261 of the 03.10.2013 p. 5, classified as carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic to reproduction classified and which assigned the R-phrase R 45, R 46, R 49, R 60 or R 61 or the hazard statements H340, H350, H350i, H360D or H360F or that with these rates are to be replaced by less harmful substances or compounds, taking into account the serviceability and the use in the workplace as soon as possible. In the exhaust Z 9 lit must, as far as in paragraph 1. a sublit. CC not otherwise, do not exceed the emissions of the substances referred to in the first sentence, even in the presence of several of these compounds, as a whole, a mass flow of 10 g / h or a mass concentration of 2 mg / m3.
(3) for foundries, whose Foundry furnaces operated no more than 250 hours per year, in sum the respective emission limit applies to pulverized emissions by way of derogation from paragraph 1 from a mass flow 0.50 kg / h.
(4) in the case of IPPC installations pursuant to § 71b Z 1 GewO 1994 relating to ferrous metal foundries (Z 2.4 of annex 3 to the GewO 1994) or non-ferrous metal foundries (Z 2.5 b 1 of annex 3 to the GewO 1994) the following emission limit values may in addition to paragraph 1 (article 2 No. 2) not be exceeded:
1. like emissions in ferrous metal foundries with wet dedusting and rash places (sand casting) 15 mg / m3, or 10 mg / m3 2. oil mist when casting in permanent moulds, stated as total carbon (as the daily average value) 10 mg / m3 (5) appropriate measures must be ensured that Z 1 to 8 and dusty exhaust air as much as possible collected dust exhaust system parts referred to in paragraph 1 and carried to a dedusting device. Foundry furnaces as well as those furnaces and heat treatment furnaces, which have a combustion chamber temperature of over 800 ° C, must be combustion technically equipped (eg through use of low-NOx burners, staged combustion and re circulation a flue gas stream of part of), that emissions of oxides of nitrogen are as low as possible. Burner by Foundry ovens must be maintained regularly by competent persons. Cold wind cupola furnaces and other smelting plants in foundries, the carbon monoxide content of the exhaust gases must in accordance with the technical possibilities minimizes and or or (E.g. through waste heat utilisation) is released.
(6) emission limits are in accordance with paragraphs 1 to 4 as to give those measurements of air pollutants which enters per unit of volume (mass concentration) at the emission source in the free atmosphere. The volume of the gas is hPa ° C and 1013 to 0 after deducing the moisture content of water vapour and oxygen contents listed below, expressed as a percentage to obtain (the amount of air that is fed to the dilution or to the cooling of the exhaust or exhaust air, has in determining the mass concentration to be disregarded):
The emission limit values on the measured oxygen content of the undiluted exhaust gases are in direct lighting (by means of primary or secondary air) when using liquid or gaseous fuels.
2. for indirect heating (by means of primary or secondary air) when using liquid or gaseous fuels are the emission limit values on the measured oxygen content of the undiluted exhaust gases.
3rd the emission limit values on the measured oxygen content of the undiluted exhaust gases of steam are with indirect lighting and Foundry furnaces heated with electricity.
4. when Foundry furnaces, which are fuelled with solid fuels, the emission limit values on the measured oxygen content of the undiluted exhaust gases are available.
5. on equipment referred to in paragraph 1 Z 7 or 8 are on the measured oxygen content of the exhaust emission limit values.
6 furnaces and heat treatment furnaces in accordance with para 1 No. 6 is no. 6 lit the emission limit value laid down in paragraph 1. b to refer to a volume content of oxygen in the exhaust gas by 5% at full load operation.
Compliance with the emission limit values
The emission limit values laid down in section 3 para 1 are 4. (1) for continuous operation of the system in full - or part-load (continuous) including the Chargierens furnaces and heat treatment furnaces in full load, to comply with; Commencement and termination of the usual operation of furnaces and fuel changes or changes to the addition of the raw material or the aggregates (formulation) these limits may be exceeded, if and to the extent these overruns are unavoidable due to the process.
(2) the holder of the plant has about the inevitability, to run the length of time and the amount of the respective excess written records referred to in paragraph 1; written records shall be deemed to be also records by means of electronic data processing.
(3) the holder of the operating system has the records referred to in paragraph 2 to leading in the plant for at least three years so to be kept, that at any time can be shown before the regulatory bodies for inspection.
(4) the emission limit values laid down in section 3 paragraph 1 apply only to such sources of emissions, where an acquisition and derivation of exhaust or exhaust is possible.
Avoid diffuse emissions
§ 5. The storage of dusting goods (eg, Foundry sand, slag) Foundry has to be made that minimize air polluting substances are released dusty goods stored in foundries in stockpiles or in open halls are to secure from dust or vapours by the wind after the dust reduction technology through appropriate measures (E.g. cover or moistening the surface) a wearing away or one to dwell. Conveyors for dusty goods must have a State of the art encapsulation, enclosure or the like and will operate in a way that minimize air polluting substances are released. Foundry sand is accordingly as much as possible to rejuvenate the art and / or reuse. Roads for motor vehicles are with a ceiling of asphalt, concrete or equivalent material to attach, to clean the pollution degree to get in good condition and in accordance with.
Measurements and monitoring
Section 6 (1) the holder of the operating system has, as far as paragraph 2 not determined otherwise, individual measurements of the emission concentration of substances listed in section 3 para 1 to 4 according to the Z 1 lit. a to d of annex 2 for the first time on the occasion of the recording of the operation or a substantial change (§ 81a-Z 1 GewO 1994) and then at regular intervals exceeding three years not to have (recurring emission measurements). A period of five years applies to the recurring emission measurements for foundries according to § 3 para 3. If in individual cases on the basis of the applied technology or the feedstocks used certain demonstrably not occur listed substances in article 3, paragraph 1, or the emissions of these substances has been shown do not exceed 5% of the limit value, so has the authority on request of the holder of the operating system decision or in the permit notification to set that no emission measurements are required for these substances.
(2) the holder of the plant has continuous measurements of the emission concentrations
1. by dust in melting furnaces with a fuel heat output of more than 5 MW, the entire fuel thermal power of the furnaces used in the operating system exceeds 15 MW, where in cupola furnaces is the coke share in determining the fuel thermal capacity to be used for metallurgy, 2. dust in melting furnaces heated with electricity, if the power supply of the respective stove exceeds 7.5 MW , 3. by dust from furnaces and heat treatment furnaces, if a) a single furnace fuel heat capacity exceeds 7.5 MW, b) a single furnace fuel heat capacity 5 MW and the total fuel heat output of such furnaces used in the plant 20 MW exceeds according to the Z 2 of Appendix 2 perform 4 of dust during exhaust system parts in accordance with article 3, paragraph 1 Z 7, if the mass flow of the emission source 3 kg / h,. The authority in individual cases has continuous emission measurements for other substances in accordance with article 3 par. 1 plant parts that correspond to the conditions of the Z 1, 2, 3 or 4, then to set if this is necessary according to each relevant material, fuels and process conditions with regard to the effectiveness of facilities to reduce emissions.
(3) foundries in accordance with § 3 paragraph 3 have to do comprehensive records of the number of operating hours. These records are to maintain at least five years in the operating system such that at any time can be shown before the regulatory bodies for inspection.
(4) to carry out the measurements referred to in paragraph 1, as well as to the maintenance and calibration of measuring instruments for measurements in accordance with paragraph 2, the following positions are to be used:
1 accredited State-bodies in the framework of the technical scope of their accreditation, 2. 4 tradesmen according to its power authorized 3. civil engineer of the relevant Department, consulting engineers (consulting engineers) of the relevant Department, institutions, provided that only validated methods of analysis are used, a quality assurance system is set up and the analyses be documented comprehensible.
7. (1) the results
1. the individual measurements in accordance with § 6 para 1 M 9413 are report on emission measurements - requirements for the creation, 2 which are continuous measurements in accordance with § 6 section 2 in a measurement report to stick Edition 2011-04-15, reprinted in Federal Law Gazette No. 153/2011, to hold II, which contains the evaluation of the measurement results of a continually registering meter a measuring report according to ÖNORM.
(2) the measurement reports referred to in paragraph 1 are at least three years, in the case of foundries according to § 3 para 3 the measurement reports referred to in paragraph 1 are to retain at least five years in the operating system such that at any time can be shown before the regulatory bodies for inspection.
(3) the holder of an IPPC installation pursuant to § 3 para 4 has in writing or by electronic means to submit a report on the results of the continuous measurements carried out in the year under review pursuant to section 6 para 2 and checks the authority annually within three months after the end of the preceding calendar year. In this report, is to comply with the limits for the continuously measured pollutants to confirm or are exceeding the limits of individual pollutants, specifying the exceeding height, to announce out cause and duration of the exceedance. This report must contain the results of each performed measurements in accordance with article 6, paragraph 1 (individual measurements).
§ 8 foundries that have already been approved at the time of entry into force of this regulation, must meet the regulation at the latest three years after the entry into force.
Home and expiry
§ 9. This Regulation shall enter into force the first month following its announcement. At the same time is the regulation on the limitation of the emission of air pollutants from foundries, BGBl. No. 447/1994, override; It is however further apply to installations referred to in § 8 during the transitional period referred to in article 8.
§ 10. The personal names used in this regulation are gender-neutral.
Search Translated Laws of Austria