35. Regulation of the Federal Minister for health and women about the fight against of classical swine fever in feral pigs (wild boar swine Regulation 2003) 2003
On the basis of the article 1, par. 5 and 6 of the animal diseases Act (TSG), RGBl. No. 177/1909, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 71/2003, is prescribed:
Scope of application
§ 1. This regulation is subject to:
1 pigs, that not in accordance with § 1 para 1 TSG in stables or in tightly enclosed areas such as domestic animals bred and kept be (wild boar), and 2. areas in which pigs in accordance with subpara 1 of suspicion or outbreak of classical swine fever (CSF) was found.
Application of the TSG
Section 2 (1) on wild boars Z 1 of this regulation are in accordance with § 1 to apply the following provisions of the TSG: § 1 para 3, § 2, § 2 b, 2 c, § 14, § 15, § 15a, § 16 no. 9 and 13, § 17, § 18, § 19, section 22, paragraph 2 and 3, article 23, article 24, paragraph 4 lit. f, j and k, § 24 para 5, 6 and 8, article 26, § 27, § 28, article 30, article 61, paragraph 1 lit. c, d and g, § 61 para 2 to 5, § 63 para 1 lit. a and c in accordance with the foregoing provisions, § 63 para 2, § 64, § 68, § 71, article 73, section 74 and section 75.
(2) § 15a, § 17, § 22 para 2 and 3 TSG and TSG (as § 61 para 5 on article 24 par. 4 point f relates) are § 61 para 5 on wild boar in accordance with § 1 of this Regulation shall apply, that herein used terms "Pet owner", 'Pet owners' and 'Keeper' by the term "Hunting exercise entitled" or, if in each case there's no hunting exercise entitled - to be replaced by the term "Property owners".
(3) in infected areas are to take samples of any imposed or dead animal by an officially authorized veterinarian and to send to the Austrian reference laboratory for classical swine fever for further investigation.
(4) meat of wild boar, where the examination for classical swine fever has provided a negative result and otherwise, no reasons for complaint exist in the even, is 5 Z 3 of wild meat regulation BGBl. to mark No. 400/1994, in the amended annex chapter. Unsuitable material is in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 1774/2002 (OJ No. L 273 of 10 October 2002) to be classified as category 2 material and accordingly continue to handle.
(5) section 30 is TSG shall apply, that the disease is then as has gone out to explain, if the measures both the repayment plan pursuant to section 3 of this regulation, as also of the monitoring plan pursuant to section 4 were carried out this regulation and in the infected area in the course of a period of at least two years, no case of classical swine fever in feral pigs more was found.
The Governor has § 3 (1) after confirmation of an outbreak as soon as possible to organize a group of experts, veterinarian, representative of the local hunters, specialized biologists and epidemiologists are wild animals.
(2) this group of experts has the Governor in the investigation of the disease situation, the designation of a disease area including the determination of additional appropriate measures, to support the drawing up of a repayment plan, as well as the review of the measures taken in the infected area in an advisory capacity.
(3) the repayment plan is to submit within a period of six weeks the Federal Minister for health and women, and to adopt - after approval by the European Community - by the Governor as a regulation. He has to contain at least the following information:
1. the reported infected area on the basis of the geographical spread of the disease including natural or artificial boundaries, the results of the epidemiological investigations and controls, as well as the density of the wild boar population in the infected area;
2. the estimated number of wild pigs in the infected area, as well as the estimated number of in the infected area currently wild boars;
3. the special measures for determining the extent of the spread of the disease in wild boar populations through investigations of hunters imposed or dead wild boar found on, as well as laboratory testing, including age-stratified epidemiological investigations;
4. the measures taken to prevent the spread of disease within the population of wild boar, as well as to reduce the number of susceptible wild boars;
5. requirements which must be met hunting exercise authority to prevent the spread of the disease;
6. the approach to the Elimination of verendet found or killed wild boar including the examination by the veterinarian in accordance with article 2 par. 3 and sampling in accordance with the diagnostic manual, no. 1; published in the "official veterinary news" of 25 February 2002,
7. the epidemiological surveys, which imposed on each or died making wild boar found on are.
(4) the Governor has to submit a detailed report on the information referred to in paragraph 3 in the eradication plan in the Federal Ministry for health and women at least every six months.
The Governor with the consent of the Federal Minister for health and women has § 4 (1) after a period of at least twelve months from the last confirmed case of classical swine fever in feral pigs in the infected area to replace the repayment plan with a minimum 12 months valid monitoring plan.
(2) the monitoring plan has to contain at least the information pursuant to § 3 para 3 Z 3, 6 and 7.
(3) the Group of experts is also to the support of the Governor as part of the monitoring plan pursuant to § 3 para 1.
Companies holding pigs in the infected area
§ 5. Detection of swine fever in feral pigs as soon as possible the following measures in the ongoing domestic pigs within a designated area of the disease are by the district administrative authority to take:
1. collecting and checking the records of all categories of pigs on all farms;
2. discharge of all pigs in the operation in their ordinary stables or at another place, which allows their isolation of wild boar. Wild boars may have no access to materials that can come with the pigs kept in operation in touch afterwards.
3. ban on the movement of pigs from and to operate without the permission of the district administrative authority.
4. appropriate disinfection measures when entering and leaving operation and training of the persons concerned about the observance of hygiene measures to reduce the risk of spread of classical swine fever virus.
5. investigation of all diseased or dead pigs in the operation by the official veterinarian.
6 sampling for serological studies on the occasion of the slaughter.
Prohibition of intra-Community trade
§ 6 pigs, porcine semen, embryos or ova from the infected area in intra-Community trade may be brought.
7. (1) this regulation with the first day of the month following the proclamation into force.
(2) that occurs wild boar swine regulation, Federal Law Gazette No. 427/1994, with the entry in force of this regulation overrides.