Read the untranslated law here: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/BgblAuth/BGBLA_2004_II_38/BGBLA_2004_II_38.html
38. Regulation of the Federal Minister for agriculture and forestry, environment and water management, modifies the regulation fixing conditions for regional quality wines with origin profiles for the wine region wine district (DAC regulation "Weinviertel")
Due to § 39a para 1 of the wine law in 1999, Federal Law Gazette I no. 141, as last amended by the Federal Act Federal Law Gazette I no. 110/2002, is prescribed:
Ordinance of the Federal Minister for agriculture and forestry, environment and water management in the setting of conditions for regional quality wines with origin profiles for the wine region wine district (DAC regulation "Wine quarter"), Federal Law Gazette II No. 23/2003, is amended as follows:
1 in § 1 and § 2, the phrase "Districtus Austria Controllatus" is replaced by the phrase "Districtus Austriae Controllatus".
2 in § 1 Z 3 is omitted the phrase "indicating"DAC"or"Districtus Austria Controllatus"and".
3. paragraph 1 Z 4:
'4. the unfermented sugar content is no more than 6 grams per litre.'
4. § 1 No. 7 the following sentence shall be added: "An application must not be to the obtaining of State control number for wine with the name Weinviertel DAC before January 1 of the year following the harvest."
5. in paragraph 1 Z 8 is the phrase "not unilaterally alcohol-heavy" the phrase "; No botrytis"added.
6 § 1 shall be added following paragraphs 9 to 15:
"9. the specification of the wine region, the particular wine-growing region of lower Austria and by large documents is not permitted." As a smaller geographical units, you can specify only a municipality and a vineyard.
10. providing a further name is not permitted (especially names such as "Quality wine", "Cabinet" or "Late harvest"). The terms "DAC" or "Districtus Austriae Controllatus" are on the label directly related with the specific region Weinviertel and characters to specify that are at most half the size as you used for the indication "Weinviertel".
11. the indication of the crop year is mandatory.
12. with tastings of wine with the denomination Weinviertel DAC wine is in the context of the award of the State control number in sensory terms, if the question "Is the product under the name Weinviertel DAC marketable?" by at least five of the six Koster was answered with Yes. In the case of official samples and investigation in accordance with article 53, paragraph 1 wine law in 1999, Federal Law Gazette I no. 141, provisions shall apply article 10 par. 2 of food regulation, Federal Law Gazette II No. 256/2003.
13. the State inspection number issued for a wine with the name Weinviertel DAC may be used exclusively for the placing on the market of certified wine under the designation "Weinviertel DAC".
14 before tasting within the framework of the procedure for the award of the State control number for wine with the name Weinviertel DAC takes place exclusively at the branch offices of Retz and Poysdorf of Federal for viticulture.
15 wine with the name Weinviertel DAC may be transported only with a State control number for Weinviertel DAC. The same applies to all waste shares of a wine with the name Weinviertel DAC, which is made by blending several subsets. The verification code is on the invoice, to specify the delivery note or any other commercial documents."
7 paragraph 2:
"Who intends to obtain an application for the State control number for a wine named"Weinviertel DAC", for the first time has this the regional wine Committee Weinviertel in writing (email or fax) to tell."
8. the following paragraph 4 is added:
§ Must be placed only 4th wine with the name Weinviertel DAC, if the bottle with a specific capsule is provided, that look sets the regional wine Committee wine district, and published in a trade publication distributed in the public. This capsule can be obtained only with a corresponding authorization of the regional wine Committee Weinviertel. This Committee has to assess the amount, to the cause in the frame of which is to introduce empowerment grant, and the release of the amount in an appropriate and common in the public trade publication. The funds thus obtained are to use - after deduction of administrative costs - for the implementation of measures for the improvement of knowledge and transparency of the wine with the name Weinviertel DAC."
9 the following section 5 is added:
§ 5 paragraph 1 Z 10 is applicable to wines from the 2005 vintage. Section 1 is applicable for wines from the 2004 vintage, Z 15."
Search Translated Laws of Austria