377 Ordinance of the Federal Minister for science, research and economy over the standard training for library staff of universities (University Library personnel training regulations)
On the basis of § 101 paragraph 3 of the University Act 2002, Federal Law Gazette I no. 120, as last amended by Federal Law Gazette I no. 45/2014, is prescribed:
Scope of application
§ 1. This regulation lays down the standard training for library staff of all universities according to the universities Act 2002 and the University for continuing education Krems in accordance with § 2 DUK-Gesetz 2004, Federal Law Gazette I no. 22, for
1. qualified and higher qualified and 2 activities of medium-skilled.
Scope of training
§ 2. Includes the standard training
1. different types of courses depending on the didactic orientation and qualification degrees and 2 professional practice (internship) depending on the degree of qualification.
§ 3 (1) is the Advisory Board in the sense of total Austrian uniform training, inter alia the substantive design of training courses including the development of curricula.
(2) in article 4, par. 2 lit. a called universities and their possible cooperation partners send each a member dealing with the training of the library staff, as well as a substitute member.
(3) up to four more relevant technical experts and experts are ordered by mutual agreement of the members referred to in paragraph 2.
Training for skilled and higher-skilled activities
Following departments are § 4 (1) in the training for skilled and higher-skilled activities to handle:
-Management foundations of library and information community - media - library metadata - information resources and information retrieval - information services - directives and regulations (2) the standard training for the higher skilled and qualified activities takes the form of the basic course of the University course "Library and Information Studies", of the University of Graz, Innsbruck, Salzburg and the University of Vienna in cooperation with the Austrian national library is organized.
(3) in the context of professional practice (internship) for the higher skilled and qualified activities are outside the training library for at least 4 weeks to complete.
(4) the graduates and graduates is to issue a certificate for the successful completion of the training.
(5) a. admission requirement is the General University entrance qualification in accordance with § 64 UG.
The respective Rectorate of University conducting the University course decides on the participation of members of the library staff of the universities and the inclusion in the basic course of the University course.
c. relevant scholarships on a proposal of the course Board decides the participation by persons who are not the library staff of the universities, and the inclusion in the basic course of the University course.
(d) the recognition of practice times and training content, who has completed a participant or a participant in the way of other training, is done by the Rectorate of the University conducting the basic training of the University course.
Training for activities of middle qualification
Following departments are § 5 (1) in the training activities of middle qualification to handle:
-Occupational Organization - Forms of media and media development - information retrieval - directives and regulations (2) the standard training for medium-skilled activities based on the needs offered. This offered can be done independently by one of the four universities of Graz, Innsbruck, Salzburg and Vienna or in cooperation between them.
The theoretical training lasts 30 days.
(3) the professional practice for the Middle qualification includes 28 days, of which at least a week outside the University of education must be completed.
(4) the specific structure of the curriculum is to publish www.bibliotheksausbildung.at on the home page.
(5) the graduates and graduates is to issue a certificate for the successful completion of the training.
(6) a. admission requirement is the compulsory education.
The respective Rectorate decides on the participation of members of the library staff of the universities.
c. persons who are not the library staff of the universities, can participate in training or parts of this education in accordance with existing places and against reimbursement of costs.
(d) the recognition of practice times and training content, who has completed a participant or a participant in the way of other training, is carried out by the Advisory Committee established under article 3, paragraph 1.
§ 6. The successful completion of the commercial and administrative in-service with relevant specialization "archive, library and information assistant/archive-, library and information assistant" pursuant to Regulation BGBl. II No 451/2004 replaced the training for medium-skilled activities.
§ 7. The regulation on the uniform training in the field of library, information and documentation for the library staff in universities according to the universities Act 2002 and the University for continuing education Krems, Federal Law Gazette II No. 186/2005, occurs at the end of 31 December 2014 override.
Entry into force
§ 8. This Regulation shall enter into force 1 January 2015.