Read the untranslated law here: http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/BgblAuth/BGBLA_2014_I_103/BGBLA_2014_I_103.html
103. Federal law, with the use of symbols of grouping of Islamic States and other groupings (symbols Act) is prohibited
The National Council has decided:
Scope of application
§ 1. This federal law regulates the prohibition of the use of symbols
1. the grouping of Islamic States (IS);
2. the Group of Al-Qaeda;
3. by groups, partial or successor organizations of the groupings referred to in Nos. 1 and 2, or these are.
Ban on the use
2. (1) it is forbidden, symbols of a grouping referred to in paragraph 1 in the public including using electronic means of communication. to represent, to make, to carry, or to spread. Also badges and emblems are to be regarded as symbols.
(2) the designation of groups according to § 1 Z 3 is done by Ordinance of the Federal Government. The Federal Minister of the Interior identified the symbols in the sense of paragraph 1 through regulation.
(3) that are prohibitions of section 1 does not apply to 1 print works and periodic media, 2. pictorial representations, 3. performances of stage and film works and 4 exhibitions, where exhibition pieces, covered by paragraph 1, represent not integral part of the exhibition, if not the idea well of a grouping referred to in paragraph 1 is endorsed or promoted.
(4) on other exhibitions, the prohibitions of section 1 shall then not apply if the exhibition and their purpose are clearly against the idea good of question grouping.
3. (1) Whoever intentionally contravenes a prohibition of § 2, commits an administrative offence and is up to 4 000 euro by the district administrative authority, in the territory of a municipality, for which the National Police Directorate is also a security authority of first instance, by the National Police Directorate, with fine or to punish with imprisonment up to one month. Who was already once been punished under this provision, is up to 10 000 EUR fine or to punish with imprisonment up to six weeks.
(2) symbols, which are the subject of an offence within the meaning of § 2, are, as far as this is possible according to the nature of the symbols or the goods inextricably associated, to explain revoked.
(3) the attempt is punishable.
§ 4. With the completion of this Federal Act is the Federal Minister of the Interior, entrusted in terms of section 2, paragraph 2, first sentence, the Federal Government.
Entry into force
5. (1) this law 1 January 2015 into force.
(2) Regulations under this Federal Act can be adopted from the day following its promulgation. You enter into force at the earliest with this federal law.
Search Translated Laws of Austria