Read the untranslated law here: https://www.bopa.ad/bopa/026067/Pagines/lo26067002.aspx
lo26067002 Law 24/2014, of 30 October, custom registration plates of vehicles since the General Council in its session of October 30, 2014 has approved the following: Law 24/2014, of 30 October, custom registration plates for vehicles exhibition of illustrations and The registration plates on the vehicles have the function to identify and individualize each vehicle with respect to the other , with a performance that is usually a combination of alphanumeric characters. But at the same time, the multiplicity of formats, colors, symbols and logos has made the registration plates are also an identification of the issuing country and a way to export the brand of the country when the vehicles circulate abroad. The registration plate is, therefore, a symbol of the sovereign.
In Andorra, the license plates have evolved in accordance with the image that the Administration has wanted to give this identification, and also to adapt to the evolution of the car park of the country, which has a ratio that approaches a vehicle per capita.
The Regulations of the General Council of 13 May 1929 forced to declare all vehicles registered and enrolled. In the course of these 85 years, the registration plates have evolved in the form and in the background. Currently, in addition to the regular registration plate there are other models of registration plate depending on the characteristics and the use of the vehicles, such as the registration of mopeds, the storms, the museums, vehicle registration numbers of the diplomatic corps, heads of diplomatic mission, of administrative and technical staff of embassies and consular corps, the registrations of "test", the snowmobile the special vehicles and mechanical widgets.
Outside our borders, each country has made its own registration models and their encoding. The European Union has homogenized his ordinary license plates, although there are distinctions in some countries with a degree of customization more or less high, as for example in the United Kingdom and in Belgium. Beyond Europe, other countries such as the United States, Canada or the United Arab Emirates are also known for this practice.
Thus, the personalized registration is a different form of identification of the country, but it is also a tool for the collection, in accordance with the fees of its acquisition.
The object of the law is to regulate the acquisition of custom registration plates to create a new public service that give satisfaction to a certain demand of society.
Personalisation consists of being able to choose the letters and the numbers that make up the combination of tuition, with a minimum of two characters and a maximum of five, in accordance with established rules and keeping the design of the ordinary registration.
With the acquisition of a custom registration, reservation required and authorization of the Government, will confer on its owner the possibility to maintain the ownership of this registration without power, however, market it, sell it, give it or donate it, and having it return in case of low. The procedure of booking plan is simple and fast, and the terms of reservation and attribution of the personalized registration is acoten in a month to process.
In addition, bearing in mind that the book and the attribution of a personalized registration are a public service, the law regulates the rates for booking, the attribution and the annual ownership of this. The planned taxes accounted for approximately amounts to re-cast some forms of limited interest in personalization to your applicant and at the same time provide an exclusive treatment in the price of certain license plates that may have an interest and an attractive high in general.
The law is divided into eight chapters, 39 articles, two additional provisions and two final provisions.
The first chapter sets out the General provisions of the law, such as its object, defined by the applicants and the types of vehicles that can circulate with personalized license plates, and deals with the competence to grant the reservations and the attributes of the custom registration plates, among other provisions.
The second chapter sets the characteristics of the customized registration plates and the conditions to be met, bans all mentions for signs of State and certain combinations that can refer to terms or expressions contrary to the law and public order so as not to affect the dignity of the people and the good image of the country.
The third chapter sets the procedures corresponding to the procedure for the reservation, the attribution, the low or the affectation to another vehicle of the personalized registration, as well as the procedure to be followed in the event of a change of owner of a vehicle with a personalized plate. For this purpose, the law establishes the obligation of the owner of a personalized registration plate to return the plate of ordinary registration at the Automobile Club of Andorra if the vehicle is in circulation.
The fourth chapter fixes the sanctioning procedure, establishing the offences and the corresponding penalties.
This Law determines the need to establish a tax system that video the different services provided by the Administration on the tax required requesting the reservation or the attribution of a personalized registration plate, as well as the annual tenancy. For this reason, in the fifth, sixth and seventh notes the tax framework that regulates the fees that are applicable in the backup process, their attribution and custom registration plates tenure. The personalized registration plate backup rate, the rate of attribution of personalized registration plate and the rate of annual custom registration plate tenure, respectively.
The eighth chapter establishes common arrangements applicable to the rates resulting from this law.
The first additional provision provides for the updating of rates and the amount of the sanctions by the law of the general budget.
The second additional provision modifies the 145.7 article of the law code of the circulation that, until now, established a total ban on transfer of registration plates among vehicles, to avoid a conflict with the provisions of this law.
The first final provision contemplates the implementation regulations of the law.
And finally, the second final provision on the entry into force.
Chapter first. General provisions Article 1 Object
This law is intended to define the general criteria and the conditions to apply for and obtain a personalized registration plate, as well as regulate the tax system in question.
Article 2 the applicants can request to reserve and the attribution of a personalized registration plate: a) The natural persons legally resident in Andorra.
b) Andorran law societies.
c) legally established non-profit organisations in Andorra and registered in the corresponding registry.
Article 3 Vehicles can circulate with a personalized registration plate 1. Can circulate with personalized registration plate are vehicles that can be registered with ordinary registration plate and which are included in the following categories: a) Category "L" or the one that corresponds to two or three-wheel motor vehicles, whether or not twins, and quadricycles, intended to circulate by road, with the exception of the category "L1" (mopeds).
b) category "M" or the one which corresponds to motor vehicles with at least four wheels for the transport of persons.
c) Category "N" or the one which corresponds to motor vehicles for the transport of goods and having at least four wheels.
d) category "or" or the one which corresponds to trailers and semi-trailers.
2. non-personalized registration plate can circulate with vehicles of the type specified in the first section, which may be affected by the diplomatic corps or consular, administrative and technical to embassies, vehicles with temporary registration, testing vehicles, special vehicles, snowmobiles, mechanical widgets or the vehicles of the Museum.
Article 4 use of the personalized registration plate 1. The personalized registration plate is attributed to the applicant that meets the requirements of this law. The plaque has been placed on a leash in the vehicle authorized to carry it, which must be registered in the register of the Government Vehicles with a regular registration attributed.
2. In the time in which the Government, through the Ministry responsible for transport (from now on referred to as the "Ministry"), you authorize the attribution of a personalized registration plate to an applicant, the applicant is required to bring it into the vehicle.
3. The location of the personalized registration plate on the vehicle complies with the provisions of the code of the movement and in the regulations.
Article 5 the Government Competition, through the competent Ministry, given the reservations and the attributions of the personalized license plates.
Article 6 Criteria for granting the custom registration 1. The book and the attribution of a personalised registration is governed by the assessment of the requirements established in this law, according to the order of the requests.
2. The maximum number of simultaneous backups to the applicant, either in force or in procedures, is three.
3. The reservation and the attribution of a personalized registration always have personal and non-transferable. It is prohibited any sale, donation, sale or transfer of personal registration. Only excepts the transfer of the registration for succession.
Second chapter. Features of the personalized registration Article 7 Requirements 1. The custom registration must meet the following requirements: a) only accept combinations that contain only letters or letters and numbers, without mixing and in that order.
b) the letters should be from the Catalan alphabet, uppercase and without accents.
c) numbers should be Arabic numerals, from 0 to 9.
d) do not accept combinations that match or can match the numbering of the ordinary license plates.
e) do not accept combinations that make difficult to differentiate between the letters and the figures or who provide confusion among them.
f) do not accept combinations that contain the mention "AND" and other of the State or of the Andorran public authorities.
g) the registration you must have a minimum of two characters and a maximum of 5 characters.
h) registration of 5 characters must have a minimum of 2 letters.
and the registration fee only) may not have the combinations of letters, "MT", "CD", "CMD", "to", "CC", a row of figures or the word "test".
j) combinations are not reserved or assigned previously.
2. The other features of the Board, background, color, application of images, legends or other not specified in this law are those set out in the legislation.
Article 8 Combinations 1. The competent Ministry shall reject any combination that it considers to be contrary to law, morality and public order, as well as any combination that you consider that can induce the audience to error.
2. The competent Ministry shall reject any combination that is identical to a trademark in Andorra.
3. paragraph 2 does not apply when the reservation request is made at the request or with the authorization of the owner of the trademark in Andorra.
Third chapter. Procedure for booking, attribution, or damage to another vehicle of the personalized registration Article 9 Reserve 1. The person who wants to book a registration must be presented to the service of the Government reservation request personalized registration plate, with the official form, and pay the fee to reserve a personalized registration plate, in accordance with the provisions of Chapter five.
2. The competent Ministry resolves the reservation request personalized registration plate within a month. Otherwise, the request is understood to have denied.
Article 10 Attribution 1. Once resolved favorably a request for booking, the applicant has a maximum period of two months from the date of the decision to request attribution of the plate.
2. After the deadline of two months without you have requested the attribution, the book is understood to have expired.
3. To request the attribution, the applicant must submit to the Government's Procedures, the application for attribution of custom registration plate, with the official model.
4. The competent Ministry resolves the application for attribution of personalized registration plate within a month. Otherwise, the request is understood to have denied.
5. In the event of a favourable decision, the applicant pays the Government Procedures service the rate of attribution of personalized registration plate at the time of collecting it, in accordance with the provisions of chapter six.
6. The competent Ministry issues the registration certificate of the vehicle when it is a new vehicle registration. For a vehicle in circulation, the owner of the personalized registration must be presented in the service of Government Procedures, the application of amendment of the certificate of registration. In the certificate of registration must contain the personalized registration attributed. It should also contain the mention "the Vehicle authorized to circulate with custom registration" and the mention "ordinary Registration:-No. regular registration-"which corresponds to the vehicle.
7. After a maximum period of three months from the date of a favourable resolution of attribution has been made effective, without attribution, affecting the custom registration in a particular vehicle, the favourable resolution of attribution is understood to have expired and the personalized registration is available to be reserved.
8. The applicant presents the certificate of registration of the vehicle in the Automobile Club of Andorra, it delivers personalized plates after payment of the corresponding public price.
9. The personalized plates have to be placed physically in the vehicle.
10. The owner of a vehicle with ordinary registration authorized to carry a personalized registration must deliver to the Automobile Club of Andorra the ordinary plates at the same moment in which you are delivered the personalized plates.
Article 11 Termination 1. The owner of a customized registration can give it low. By request, the cardholder must be present at the service of Government Procedures in the application form of personalized registration plate, with the official model. In the same event, the owner must also submit an application for amendment of the certificate of registration.
2. The owner of the vehicle must submit to the custom plates Automobile Club of Andorra at the same moment in which you are delivered the plates that correspond to the ordinary, after paying the corresponding public price.
3. This customized registration is available to be reserved.
Article 12 Damage to another vehicle 1. The owner of a custom registration affected in a vehicle may request the affectation to another vehicle of your property that complies with the requirements provided for in article 3. To request this change, the holder must submit to the Government's Procedures of change request personalized registration plate involvement, with the official model. In the same event, the owner must also submit requests for modification of the registration certificates of the two vehicles.
2. The owner of the vehicles presented the certificates of registration at the Automobile Club of Andorra, which delivered the ordinary plates of the vehicle that loses the custom plates and retrieves the ordinary plates of the vehicle you receive the personalized plates, after you have paid the corresponding public price.
Article 13 change of owner or of the vehicle with custom registration 1. Prior to making a change of owner or terminate the membership of a Government Vehicle registration vehicle registration with customized, saved in the case of transmission by succession regulated by article 6.3, the owner of the personalized registration affect it in another vehicle of their property or give it low, as provided in articles 12 and 11 respectively.
2. Notwithstanding the stated in the previous section, if the owner of the personalized registration does not have any other vehicle on your property, has a maximum period of three months from the date of withdrawal of the personalized plate of the vehicle for the attribution of this to another vehicle you own. In this case, the owner of the personalized registration must deliver to the Automobile Club of Andorra the customized registration plates.
3. Upon expiry of the period of three months without it has been made effective the attribution of the personalized registration in another vehicle, the personalized registration is understood to have given low and is available to be reserved.
The fourth chapter. Infractions and sanctions Article 14 responsible for 1. Are responsible for the violations of the natural or legal persons who perform actions or omissions classified as infractions.
2. If it does not match the owner of the personalized registration with the person responsible for the infringement, both respond always so supportive of the offence committed.
Article 15 Offences Are offences: a) to breach any of the provisions contained in this Act or the regulations that develop it.
b custom registration plates with circular) not placed physically in the vehicle concerned, once these plates have been delivered to the owner.
personalised registration plates with Circular c) placed in another vehicle that the authorised for this purpose.
d) Market, give, sell or transfer a custom registration.
Article 16 administrative sanctions the violations set forth in the previous article are cumulative or alternative manner, Stoke with: a) revoking the reservation and/or the attribution of the custom registration plate.
b) prohibition of formalizing a backup and/or attribution of personalized registration plate for a period of up to three years.
c) fine of up to 10,000 euros.
Article 17 criteria for the sanctions 1. The sanction is imposed, within the limits established in the previous article, in accordance with the following criteria: a) intentionality of the offender.
b) caused directly to third parties and to the administration.
c) recidivism or repetition in the Commission of an offence.
2. To determine the gradation of the sanctions, it has to take into account the principle of proportionality between the offence committed and the amount, and the effects of the sanctions.
Sanctioning Transcript article 18 1. The competent Ministry incoa sanctioning the transcript in accordance with the provisions of the code of administration and regulation in force on the subject of disciplinary proceedings.
2. The decision of the disciplinary record you can resort according to the provisions of the code of the administration.
Chapter five. Backup rate of personalized registration plate Article 19 legal status and made the generator 1. The personalized registration plate reserve rate.
2. The rate of registration plate personalized backup video exercise of the right of reservation of personalized registration.
3. Is the fact that the action rate generator to book a personalized registration plate may be given in the register of Government Vehicles.
Article 20 taxable Are taxable to that rate applicants defined at article 2 that made the fact generator of the same rate.
Article 21 tax Fee tax fee of the registration plate personalized backup rate is a fixed amount of EUR 40.74.
Article 22 Accrual and payment 1. The fee is payable at the time of the completion of the reservation request in the service of Government Procedures.
2. The payment of the fee must be paid at the time of filing the application at the service of the Government, which delivers the corresponding settlement.
Chapter six. Personalized registration plate attribution rate Article 23 legal status and made the generator 1. It creates the personalized registration plate attribution rate.
2. The rate of attribution of custom registration plate record of personalized registration plate.
3. Is the fact of that rate the attribution to the applicant of a personalized registration plate and the effect of this badge in a vehicle.
Article 24 Exemptions 1. When the owner of a custom registration affected in a vehicle requires the affectation to another vehicle of your property, the owner is exempt from paying this fee.
2. Is exempt from this fee the holder of a personalized registration plate that you receive for transmission to succession, according to the provisions of article 6.3.
3. It is not free of this fee the holder of a personalized registration plate which, after giving it low, in return to apply for the reservation and the attribution.
Article 25 taxable Are taxable to that rate applicants defined at article 2 that made the fact generator of the same rate.
Article 26 tax Share of tax fee this fee is determined according to the following criteria: Fee Combinations in) 2 letters and 3 numbers 300 euros b) 3 letters and 2 numbers 500 euros c) 4 letters and 1 number of 1,000 euros) 5 € 3,000 lyrics e) less than 5 characters 6,000 euros Article 27 Accrual and payment 1. The fee is payable at the time that the competent Ministry issues the favourable resolution of attribution.
2. The payment of the fee must be paid at the time of pick up the favorable resolution of attribution in the service of Government Procedures, which delivers the corresponding settlement.
Chapter seven. Personalized registration plate annual tenure rate Article 28 legal nature and made the generator 1. The personalized registration plate annual tenure rate.
2. The rate of annual ownership registration plate record annual tenure registration plate custom personalized.
3. Is the fact that the possession rate generator a personalized registration plate annual attributed.
Article 29 taxable Are taxable to that rate applicants defined in article 2, as well as the headlines that have received the personalized registration for transfer by succession, according to the provisions of article 6.3, the fact that the same rate generator.
Article 30 tax tax fee Fee corresponding to the rate of annual custom registration plate tenure is a fixed amount of 200 euros.
Article 31 tax accrual Period and 1. The tax period coincides with the calendar year, and may be of length less than 12 months of the year in which the attribution of the personalized registration plate.
2. The amount of the payment of the fee for a tax period of duration of less than 12 months must apportion by calendar days, to complete the calendar year.
3. The fee is payable on the first day of the tax period.
4. In the event of the transfer by succession, the fee is payable on the first day of the tax period following the transfer by succession, regardless of who receives the consideration of tax required at this time.
Article 32 Payment and liquidation 1. The payment of this fee must be paid within a period of three months from the accrual of the tax.
2. The Government, through the Ministry responsible for revenue, proceeds to deliver the corresponding payments.
Article 33. Surcharge for delayed payment All made out of deadlines is increased, in concept of surcharges that are applicable according to the provisions set out in the law on the bases of tax law.
Eighth chapter. General provisions and management fees Article 34 general provisions 1. The General provisions set out in this chapter are applicable to the fees covered in this law.
2. The Government, through the Ministry responsible for taxation, performs the functions of management, settlement, collection and inspection of the fees covered in this law.
Article 35 independence of The accrual rates, management and payment of the fees provided for in this law are independent of the accrual, the management and payment of the fees relating to the registration and in the possession of the vehicles.
Article 36 management Notifications can notify collectively by edict the settlements corresponding to the rate of annual custom registration plate tenure from the second period, in accordance with provisions of the law on the bases of tax law.
Article 37 Executive collection after the deadline of payment in voluntary period established in this law, the Government, through the Ministry responsible for revenue, proceeds to certify and identify existing overdrafts to be executed in accordance with the provisions of the law on the bases of tax law.
Article 38 Offences Regulation infringements tax matter relating to the content of the fifth, sixth and seventh chapters of this law shall be governed by the system of offences and sanctions established in the law on the bases of tax law.
Article 39 penalties
Tax offences relating to the content of the fifth, sixth and seventh chapters will typify and sanctioning in accordance with the provisions of the law on the bases of tax law.
First additional provision. Update of the taxes and the amount of sanctions the law of general budget can update rates and the amount of the penalties established in this law.
Second additional provision. Amendment of the article of the code of 145.7 circulation, 10-06-1999 modifies the 145.7 article of the code of the circulation, 10-06-1999, which is worded as follows: "145.7. The vehicles must carry the same registration plate and it is forbidden to move registration plates from one vehicle to another, except in the cases provided for in the law of custom registration plates for vehicles and authorised by the Ministry responsible for transportation. "
First final provision. Legal mandate the Government has approved the regulatory provisions necessary for the application of this law within a maximum period of one month from the date of its publication in the official bulletin of the Principality of Andorra.
Second final provision. Entry into force this law enters into force in a month to be published in the official bulletin of the Principality of Andorra.
Casa de la Vall, 30 October 2014 Vicenç Mateu Zamora Syndic General Us the co-princes the sancionem and promulguem and let's get the publication in the official bulletin of the Principality of Andorra.
Joan Enric Vives Sicília François Hollande Bishop of Urgell, President of the French Republic Co-prince of Andorra Co-prince of Andorra
Search Translated Laws of Andorra