THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom -
Ha Noi , November 29, 2006
Regarding the 2007 program on the national Assembly's supervisory activities
THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Pursuant to Article 84 of the 1992 Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, which was amended and supplemented under Resolution No. 51/2001/QH10 of December 25, 2001, of the Xth National Assembly, the 10th session;
Pursuant to the Law on Supervisory Activities of the National Assembly;
Having considered the proposal of the Nationality Council, Committees and delegations of the National Assembly and the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, the Report of the Standing Committee of the National Assembly, and the opinions of National Assembly deputies,
Issues to be directly supervised by the National Assembly
1. At its 11th session, the XIth National Assembly shall:
a/ Consider work reports of the entire term of the XIth National Assembly, the State President, the Prime Minister, National Assembly's agencies, the President of the Supreme People's Court, and the Chairman of the Supreme People's Procuracy.
b/ Consider the Government's report on the implementation of the Law Against Corruption and the Law on Thrift Practice and Waste Combat.
2. At its first session, the XIIth National Assembly shall consider a report on the results of the election of deputies to the XIIth National Assembly.
3. At its second session, the XIIth National Assembly shall consider reports of the Government, the Supreme People's Court and the Supreme People's Procuracy, hold ask-and-give sessions, and supervise the observance of the law on the grant of land use right certificates.
To assign the Standing Committee of the National Assembly to supervise, and report to the National Assembly on:
1. The organization of the election, the assurance of security and social order and safety for the election of deputies to the XIIth National Assembly (reporting to the XIIth National Assembly at its first session).
2. The implementation of policies and laws on compensation, ground clearance, and creation of jobs for people having land recovered (reporting to the XIIth National Assembly at its second session).
To assign the Nationality Council and Committees of the National Assembly to supervise, and report to the National Assembly on, the following:
1. The Nationality Council: The organization of implementation of Program 135 (phase II).
2. The Law Committee: The observance of the law on the application of administrative handling measures (e.g., sending of people to re-education schools, educational institutions or medical treatment establishments) in accordance with the Ordinance on Handling of Administrative Violations.
3. The Economic and Budgetary Committee: The implementation of legal provisions on charges and fees.
4. The Defense and Security Committee: The observance of the law on assurance of traffic order and safety.
5. The Committee for Culture, Education, Youth, Pioneer and Children: The cultural life at the grassroots level.
6. The Committee for Social Affairs: The implementation of policies and laws on health insurance.
7. The Committee for Science, Technology and Environment: The implementation of policies and laws on the treatment of environmental pollution in urban areas, economic zones and industrial parks.
8. The Committee for External Relations: The implementation of border agreements between Vietnam and neighboring countries.
Article 4.- On the basis of the program on the National Assembly's supervisory activities as well as their tasks and powers defined by law, the Standing Committee of the National Assembly, the Nationality Council and Committees of the National Assembly shall take the initiative in formulating and implementing their programs on supervisory activities.
Article 5.- Pursuant to Articles 1, 2 and 3 of this Resolution and based on the actual situation and conditions, National Assembly delegations and deputies shall take the initiative in selecting contents for the formulation of their programs, conduct supervisory activities in their localities and report implementation results according to regulations.
Article 6.- To assign the Standing Committee of the National Assembly to direct the implementation of the program on the National Assembly's supervisory activities; direct, regulate and coordinate supervisory activities of the Nationality Council and Committees of the National Assembly; guide National Assembly delegations and deputies in conducting supervisory activities; direct the implementation of the program on the National Assembly's supervisory activities, study the improvement and renewal of working modes for improving the quality and effectiveness of supervisory activities; and direct the monitoring and synthesis of the results of settlement of petitions about supervisory activities.
Article 7.- Concerned agencies and organizations shall closely cooperate with one another so that agencies, delegations and deputies of the National Assembly can successfully conduct supervisory activities; take the initiative in preparing reports and supply necessary documents at the request of supervising agencies; and seriously settle petitions and report settlement results to supervising agencies.
Article 8.- The Standing Committee of the National Assembly shall biannually and annually consider review reports on the results of supervisory activities of agencies and delegations of the National Assembly; synthesize and report the results of implementation of the program on supervisory activities at the year-end session of the National Assembly.
This Resolution was adopted on November 29, 2006, by the XIth National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam at its 10th session.
Nguyen Phu Trong