Pursuant to the 2012 Law on Law Dissemination and Education;
Pursuant to the 2008 Law on Promulgation of Legal Documents;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 22/2013/ND-CP of March 13, 2013, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Justice;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 25/2013/QD-TTg of May 4, 2013, promulgating Regulation on making of statements and provision of information to the press;
At the proposal of the Chief of the Office of the Ministry of Justice,
The Minister of Justice promulgates the Circular providing the procedures for issuing press releases on legal documents promulgated by the Government or the Prime Minister.
Article 1. Scope of regulation and subjects of application
1. This Circular provides the procedures for issuing press releases on legal documents promulgated by the Government or the Prime Minister (below referred to as press releases) specified in Clauses 2 and 3, Article 12 of the 2012 Law on Law Dissemination and Education, except legal documents containing state secrets.
2. This Circular applies to ministries, ministerial-level agencies and government-attached agencies taking charge of drafting legal documents to be promulgated by the Government or the Prime Minister (below referred to as drafting agencies).
Article 2. Provision of information to write press releases
1. Drafting agencies shall provide the Ministry of Justice with information on legal documents which they take charge of drafting for promulgation by the Government or the Prime Minister to serve the writing of press releases.
2. Information must indicate the names, dates of promulgation; promulgating agencies; effect; the necessity for and purposes of promulgation, and principal contents of legal documents according to the form enclosed with this Circular.
3. Within 5 working days after a legal document of the Government or the Prime Minister is signed for promulgation, the drafting agency shall send information specified in Clause 2 of this Circular through official correspondence channel and via e-mail to the Ministry of Justice.
Article 3. Writing press releases
Based on information on legal documents provided by drafting agencies, the Ministry of Justice shall summarize and edit contents, and write press releases.
Article 4. Time limits for issuing press releases
1. By the 10th every month at the latest, the Ministry of Justice shall issue press releases on legal documents promulgated by the Government or the Prime Minister in the previous month, except the cases specified in Clause 2 of this Article.
2. For legal documents promulgated by the Government or the Prime Minister which take effect on the date of their signing, the Ministry of Justice shall issue press releases within 2 working days after receiving information from drafting agencies.
Article 5. Publication of press releases
1. The Ministry of Justice shall publish press releases on its portal and online Vietnam Law newspaper right after signing them for promulgation.
2. The Government Office shall publish press releases on the Government’s portal and online newspaper of the Government right after receiving such press releases from the Ministry of Justice.
Article 6. Responsibilities for coordination in issuing press releases
1. The Ministry of Justice shall take responsibility for the contents of press releases; assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Government Office and drafting agencies in, monitoring the issuance of press releases; handle problems arising in the issuance of press releases; ensure close, regular and effective coordination between related agencies and units in issuing press releases.
2. Drafting agencies shall provide information for writing press releases under Clauses 2 and 3, Article 2 of this Circular, and take responsibility for information on legal documents provided to the Ministry of Justice.
3. For an erroneous press release already issued, the Ministry of Justice shall issue a written correction right after detecting the errors. The correction must be published on the online newspapers and portals as prescribed in Article 5 of this Circular.
Article 7. Implementation provisions
1. This Circular takes effect on September 23, 2013.
2. In the course of implementation of this Circular, related agencies and units shall report problems (if any) to the Ministry of Justice for study and settlement.-