WACs > Title 296 > Chapter 296-155 > Section 296-155-17605
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
(1) Action level means employee exposure, without regard to the use of respirators, to an airborne concentration of lead of 30 micrograms per cubic meter of air (30 Âµg/m3) calculated as an 8-hour time-weighted average (TWA).
(2) Competent person means one who is capable of identifying existing and predictable lead hazards in the surroundings or working conditions and who has authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them.
(3) Director means the director of labor and industries, or his/her designated representative.
(4) Lead means metallic lead, all inorganic lead compounds, and organic lead soaps. Excluded from this definition are all other organic lead compounds.
(5) This section means WAC 296-155-176 through 296-155-17656.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 49.17 RCW. WSR 93-22-054 (Order 93-07), Â§ 296-155-17605, filed 10/29/93, effective 12/10/93.]