WACs > Title 388 > Chapter 388-877B > Section 388-877B-0350
Agency filings affecting this section
Chemical dependency outpatient treatment services requiring program-specific certificationâLevel II intensive outpatient services.
Level II intensive outpatient services are chemical dependency outpatient treatment services that provide a concentrated program of individual and group counseling, education, and activities, in accordance with patient placement criteria (PPC). Level II intensive outpatient services require program-specific certification by the department's division of behavioral health and recovery. An agency providing Level II intensive outpatient treatment services must:
(1) Develop an initial individual service plan prior to the individual's participation in treatment.
(2) Provide individual chemical dependency counseling sessions with each individual at least once a month or more if clinically indicated.
(3) Document progress notes in a timely manner and before any subsequent scheduled appointments of the same type of service session or group type occur, or documentation as to why this did not occur. Progress notes must include the date, time, duration, participant names, and a brief summary of the session and the name of the staff member who provided it.
(4) Conduct and document a review of each individual's service plan in individual counseling sessions, at least once a month, to assess adequacy and attainment of goals.
(5) Refer for ongoing treatment or support upon completion of intensive outpatient treatment, as necessary.
(6) Ensure that individuals admitted under a deferred prosecution order, under chapter 10.05 RCW:
(a) Receive a minimum of seventy-two hours of treatment services within a maximum of twelve weeks, which consist of the following during the first four weeks of treatment:
(i) At least three sessions each week, with each session occurring on separate days of the week.
(ii) Group sessions must last at least one hour.
(b) Attend self-help groups in addition to the seventy-two hours of treatment services.
(c) Have approval, in writing, by the court having jurisdiction in the case, when there is any exception to the requirements in this subsection.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 70.02, 70.96A, 71.05, 71.24, 71.34, 74.50 RCW, RCW 74.08.090, 43.20A.890, and 42 C.F.R. Part 8. WSR 13-12-053, Â§ 388-877B-0350, filed 5/31/13, effective 7/1/13.]