Establishment of Regional School Districts [See Title 16 Chapter 97
The Rhode Island Board of Education Act]
§ 16-3-3 Regional school educational
Regional school districts formed under the provisions of this chapter to
operate any one of the types of schools listed in § 16-3-2 may establish
any one or more of the following types of services for all the pupils of the
regional school district if so specified in the agreement:
(1) To provide education for individuals with disabilities;
(2) To provide transportation for all schools in the regional
(3) To provide school health services;
(4) To provide guidance services;
(5) To provide either general supervisory services for all
the schools of the area or supervisory services in some special field such as
vocational education; and
(6) To provide other educational services as the people of
the regional district may determine, subject to approval by the commissioner of
elementary and secondary education.
History of Section.
(P.L. 1958, ch. 197, § 1; P.L. 1999, ch. 83, § 22; P.L. 1999, ch.
130, § 22.)