WACs > Title 250 > Chapter 250-25 > Section 250-25-020
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Authority to administer.
The higher education coordinating board is charged with the administration of the health professional loan repayment and scholarship program. These regulations are being adopted pursuant to the authority of sections 15 through 25, chapter 332, Laws of 1991. When a responsibility of the board is referenced in these regulations, the authority needed to discharge that responsibility lies with the executive director or his or her designee. In administrating this program, the board shall:
(1) Select credentialed health care professionals and eligible students to participate in the loan repayment and scholarship program;
(2) Develop guidelines;
(3) Collect and manage repayments from participants who do not meet their service obligations;
(4) Publicize the program to maximize participation among individuals in shortage areas and among populations expected to experience the greatest growth in the work force;
(5) Solicit and accept grants and donations from public and private sources for the program;
(6) Develop criteria for a contract obligating recipients to a service obligation or repayment where appropriate;
(7) Establish a planning committee to include representatives of the department, the department of social and health services, appropriate representatives from health care facilities, provider groups, consumers, the state board for community and technical colleges, the superintendent of public instruction, and other appropriate public and private agencies and organizations; and
(8) Deposit all receipts from the program into the trust fund dedicated to this program.
[Statutory Authority: 1991 c 332. WSR 92-03-002, Â§ 250-25-020, filed 1/3/92, effective 2/3/92.]