SECTION .0200 ‑ DECLARATORY RULINGS
04 NCAC 01B .0201 REQUEST FOR A DECLARATORY RULING
(a) Any person substantially affected by a statute
administered or rule promulgated by the secretary's office of the Department of
Commerce may request a declaratory ruling as to:
(1) whether, and if so how, the statute or rule
applies to a given factual situation; or
(2) whether a particular agency rule is valid.
(b) The secretary has the power to make such declaratory
rulings. All requests for declaratory rulings shall be submitted in writing
P.O. Box 25249
(c) All requests for a declaratory ruling must include the
(1) name and address of petitioner;
(2) statute or rule to which petition relates;
(3) concise statement of the manner in which
petitioner is aggrieved by the rule or statute or its potential application to
(4) a statement of whether an oral hearing is
desired, and, if so, the reasons for such an oral hearing.
History Note: Authority G.S. 150B‑17;
Eff. February 1, 1976.