WACs > Title 308 > Chapter 308-124I > Section 308-124I-010
Beginning of Chapter
Agency filings affecting this section
(1) The director regulates the practice of real estate brokerage for the safety of consumers. Real estate purchases and sales are frequently the largest financial transactions in a consumer's lifetime.
(2) A real estate license is a privilege granted by the state to those persons meeting licensing requirements, maintaining required records, and complying with all laws governing the practice of real estate, including cooperation with an audit/investigation of a licensee's real estate brokerage activities.
(3) The standard of practice for real estate licensees is that of an attorney when completing real estate brokerage transaction documents for consumers.
(4) The director utilizes two primary methods of enforcement regarding the practice of real estate brokerage:
(a) Audits; and
(5) These rules are designed to promote efficiency in conducting audits and investigations and to give licensees notice of what is required of them with respect to audits, investigations, and producing records to the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.85.041 and 18.85.361. WSR 11-09-017, Â§ 308-124I-010, filed 4/12/11, effective 5/13/11.]