WACs > Title 304 > Chapter 304-16 > Section 304-16-010
Beginning of Chapter
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Rules and regulations.
(1) The Washington state library will publish a basic list of documents at least annually to include an author, title and subject index to the annual list.
(2) Prepare a monthly supplement to the basic list. At least one copy of each basic list and each basic supplement will be sent to each depository library.
(3) Indicate in the monthly supplement if a publication has been sent to the depositories, availability, etc.
(4) Ship documents at least once a week to all full depository libraries.
(5) Provide the Washington state library classification number and other pertinent cataloging data in each shipment for each new document title distributed as a suggested aid to other libraries in the organization of the documents.
(6) Confirm with state agencies as specified in RCW 40.06.030 the number of copies needed for distribution to libraries prior to publication.
(7) The Washington state library shall develop, in consultation with state agencies, periodically review and distribute to depository libraries, the criteria for classification of documents as depository items.
(8) All library inquiries, special requests, etc., concerning requests for state documents [for libraries] which are directed to state agencies will be channeled through the state library.
(9) There will be periodic revisions of number of copies needed by libraries.
[(10)] Libraries should send to the state library names of every state agency on whose mailing list they are currently listed.
(11) If disagreement develops on designation of a library as a depository, a committee of arbitration will be set up by the president of the Washington Library Association acting under instructions from the Washington Library Association executive board. Any staff member of any library involved who is also on the Washington Library Association board will be ineligible to be a member of the arbitration panel.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 27.04.030, 40.06.020, and 40.06.040. WSR 79-01-056 (Order 1-78), Â§ 304-16-010, filed 12/27/78; Order, Â§ 304-16-010, filed 10/24/68; Order, filed 10/19/65.]
Reviser's note: RCW 34.05.395 requires the use of underlining and deletion marks to indicate amendments to existing rules, and deems ineffectual changes not filed by the agency in this manner. The bracketed material in the above section does not appear to conform to the statutory requirement.