Section 26-10B-5Provisions required to be included in compact.
A compact entered into pursuant to the authority conferred by this chapter shall include:
(1) A provision making the compact available for joinder by all states;
(2) A provision or provisions allowing withdrawal from the compact upon written notice to the parties, but requiring a period of one year between the date of the notice and the effective date of the withdrawal;
(3) A requirement that the protections afforded by or pursuant to the compact continue in force for the duration of the adoption assistance and be applicable to all children and their adoptive parents who, on the effective date of the withdrawal, are receiving adoption assistance from a party state other than the one in which they are residents and have their principal place of abode;
(4) A requirement that each instance of adoption assistance to which the compact applies be covered by an adoption assistance agreement in writing between the adoptive parents and the state child welfare agency of the state which undertakes to provide the adoption assistance, and further, that any such agreement be expressly for the benefit of the adopted child and enforceable by the adoptive parents and the state agency providing the adoption assistance;
(5) Such other provisions as may be appropriate to implement the proper administration of the compact.
(Acts 1991, No. 91-662, p. 1267, §5.)