WACs > Title 1 > Chapter 1-06 > Section 1-06-020
Agency filings affecting this section
(1) "Public record" includes any writing containing information relating to the conduct of government or the performance of any governmental or proprietary function prepared, owned, used, or retained by this agency regardless of physical form or characteristics, except (a) those records of the bill drafting functions of the code reviser deemed confidential pursuant to RCW 1.08.027 and (b) computer programs, products, and data bases deemed exempt pursuant to chapter 42.56 RCW.
Public record as relates to this agency does not include computer programs, products, and data bases prepared, owned, used, or retained by this agency for the benefit of another state agency. Applications for the disclosure of such records should be addressed to the agency in interest.
(2) "Writing" means handwriting, typewriting, printing, photostating, photographing, and every other means of recording any form of communication or representation, including letters, words, pictures, sounds, symbols, or combination thereof; and all papers, maps, magnetic or paper tapes, photographic films and prints, magnetic or punched cards, discs, drums, and other documents.
(3) "Committee" means the statute law committee created pursuant to chapter 1.08 RCW (chapter 157, Laws of 1951).
(4) "Reviser" means the code reviser employed by the committee pursuant to RCW 1.08.011, and where appropriate the term also refers to the staff and employees of the office of the code reviser.
(5) "Agency" means the committee, the code reviser, and the staff and employees thereof, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(6) "Records of the bill drafting functions" means any file or writing in the office of the code reviser created in connection with a request for preparation of legislation or research thereon, and the confidentiality of such records may be waived only by the person who requested the services of the office of the code reviser.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 1.08.110, 34.05.385, 1.08.001, and Executive Order 97-2. WSR 06-16-019, Â§ 1-06-020, filed 7/24/06, effective 8/24/06; Order 8, Â§ 1-06-020, filed 9/25/74, effective 10/25/74.]