WACs > Title 16 > Chapter 16-252 > Section 16-252-062
Agency filings affecting this section
Guarantees for specialty pet food.
(1) All specialty pet food, except for grain mixture specialty pet food, must be guaranteed as stated in subsections (2) through (4) of this section. The guarantees must appear on the label in the order in which they are listed below unless exempted under WAC 16-252-051.
Guarantee requirements for grain mixture specialty pet food are stated in WAC 16-252-065.
(2) Guaranteed analysis for all specialty pet food, except for grain mixture specialty pet food, must include the following nutrients on the label in the order listed:
(a) Minimum percentage of crude protein;
(b) Minimum percentage of crude fat;
(c) Maximum percentage of crude fiber;
(d) Maximum percentage of moisture;
(e) Maximum percentage of ash if listed;
(f) Minimum and maximum percentages of calcium;
(g) Minimum percentage of phosphorus;
(h) Minimum and maximum percentage of salt (if added);
(i) Minimum and maximum percentage of total sodium must be guaranteed only when total sodium exceeds that furnished by the maximum salt guarantee;
(j) Other minerals.
(3) Minerals must be identified and listed consistent with requirements in WAC 16-252-072.
(4) Vitamins must be identified and listed consistent with requirements in WAC 16-252-073.
(5) The maximum moisture allowed is seventy-eight percent or the natural moisture content of the ingredients, whichever is higher. However, the moisture in products labeled as, and consisting principally of, items like stew, gravy, sauce, broth, aspic, juice, or a milk replacer may exceed these maximum moisture allowances.
(6) The use of commercial, copyrighted brand, or trade names in the guarantee statement is prohibited.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 15.53 and 34.05 RCW. WSR 03-23-129, Â§ 16-252-062, filed 11/19/03, effective 7/1/04.]