WACs > Title 132R > Chapter 132R-04 > Section 132R-04-015
Agency filings affecting this section
(1) "ASB" means the representative governing body for students at Big Bend Community College recognized by the board of trustees.
(2) "Assembly" means any overt activity engaged in by two or more persons, the object of which is to gain publicity, advocate a view, petition for a cause or disseminate information to any person, persons or group of persons.
(3) "Board" means the board of trustees of Community College District 18, state of Washington.
(4) "College president" or "president" means the duly appointed chief executive officer of Big Bend Community College, Community College District 18, state of Washington, or in his/her absence, the acting chief executive officer.
(5) "College" means Big Bend Community College located within Community College District 18, state of Washington.
(6) "College facilities" means and includes any or all real and personal property owned or operated by the college and shall include all buildings and appurtenances affixed thereon or attached thereto.
(7) "College personnel" refers to any person employed by Community College District 18 on a full-time or part-time basis, except those who are faculty members.
(8) "Disciplinary action" means and includes suspension or any lesser sanction of any student by the vice-president of student services, student disciplinary council, college president, or the board of trustees for the violation of any of the provisions of the code of student conduct or any of the provisions of the code of student rights and responsibilities for which such sanctions may be imposed.
(9) "District" means Community College 18, state of Washington.
(10) "Faculty member(s)" means any employee of Big Bend Community College who is employed on a full-time or part-time basis as a teacher, counselor, librarian or other position for which the training, experience and responsibility are comparable as determined by the appointing authority, except administrative appointments.
(11) "Hazing" means any method of initiation into a student organization, association, or living group or any pastime or amusement engaged in with respect to such an organization that causes, or is likely to cause, bodily danger or physical harm, or serious mental or emotional harm, to any student or other person attending any institution of higher education or post-secondary institution.
(12) "Recognized student organization" means and includes any group or organization composed of students, which is affirmed by the student government of the college.
(13) "A sponsored event or activity" means any activity that is scheduled by the college and is supervised and controlled by college faculty members or personnel. Such sponsorship shall continue only as long as the event is supervised and controlled by the college faculty member or personnel. When the sponsored event or activity is of a prolonged nature, and free time periods are permitted to the students participating in the event, any activity taking place during such a free time period outside of the supervision and control of the college faculty member(s) or personnel, shall be deemed to be a nonsponsored activity.
(14) "Student" means a person who is enrolled for courses at the college.
(15) "Working days" means Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140 and chapter 34.05 RCW. WSR 03-15-063, Â§ 132R-04-015, filed 7/14/03, effective 8/14/03.]