WACs > Title 132V > Chapter 132V-22 > Section 132V-22-050
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Procedure relating to the dismissal for cause of tenured and probationary faculty members.
A tenured faculty member shall not be dismissed by the college except for sufficient cause, nor shall a faculty member who holds a probationary faculty appointment be dismissed prior to the written terms of the appointment except for sufficient cause. Sufficient cause may include, but is not limited to:
(1) Demonstrated incompetency in his/her professional assignment;
(2) Proven neglect of recognized duties;
(3) Proven insubordination;
(4) Diagnosed physical or mental inability to perform assigned duties[;][:]
(5) Convicted of any unlawful act of violence during the period of employment;
(6) Convicted of any unlawful act resulting in destruction of college property;
(7) Convicted of any unlawful interference with the orderly conduct of the educational process.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140(13) and 28B.50.852. WSR 81-08-002 (Order 6-81, Resolution No. 81-6), Â§ 132V-22-050, filed 3/19/81; Order 16, Â§ 132V-22-050, filed 12/28/73; Order 3, Â§ 132V-22-050, filed 5/29/70.]
Reviser's note: RCW 34.05.395 requires the use of underlining and deletion marks to indicate amendments to existing rules, and deems ineffectual changes not filed by the agency in this manner. The bracketed material in the above section does not appear to conform to the statutory requirement.