WACs > Title 173 > Chapter 173-184 > Section 173-184-100
Agency filings affecting this section
Advance notice of transfer.
(1) The delivering vessel (or designee) involved in an oil transfer of more than one hundred gallons must provide prior notice of the oil transfer to ecology. The notice must be provided in the time frame set forth by the applicable Coast Guard captain of the port.
(2) The notice of transfer must be submitted to ecology on the Advanced Notice of Transfer form provided by ecology, a facsimile, or an equivalent form that contains the following information:
(a) Company name, address, contact person and telephone number of organization delivering the oil;
(b) Date of transfer operation, estimated starting time, and duration of the oil transfer operation;
(c) Name of delivering vessel and receiving vessel or class 1, 2, or 3 facility involved in the oil transfer, including Lloyd's Register/International Maritime Organization number or official number if available;
(d) City name and either the address or location/anchorage where the oil transfer operation will occur;
(e) Oil product type and quantity in gallons or barrels; and
(f) Whether or not prebooming will take place? (yes or no).
(3) Notification may be made by the delivering vessel's agent or other contracted representative.
(4) The notification form may be submitted via internet web site established by ecology, by e-mail, or by facsimile. The notification form and contact information are found on ecology's web site: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/spills/spills.html.
(5) Compliance schedule: All delivering vessels must begin submitting advance notice within thirty calendar days of the effective date of this chapter.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 88.46.160, 88.46.165, and chapter 90.56 RCW. WSR 06-20-034 (Order 06-02), Â§ 173-184-100, filed 9/25/06, effective 10/26/06.]